Is possible to switch two website's content? if so, how?

gopackers

Hi guys. Say you have wordpress websites A and B both hosted on the same server.
A and B use different themes. You published A but found out A's theme is slow, B's theme is faster and you haven't published B yet. So can you build another website with B's theme and then switch A with B's content?
The goal I want to achieve here is to get B's theme on A's website without destroying current website. Any suggestions?

vishwa

I did not understand what you want to do with your two websites. However you can do 301 redirects to move your sites. Creating the same sites is consider as duplicate content.

FoxMetrics

FoxMetrics
Can you go more into detail on the 301 redirect, I think this is the best solution

vishwa

vishwa
You can do 301 redirects with following codes:

By.htaccess

Code:
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}.
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}!^example\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://example.com/$1 [R=301,L]
By PHP:

Code:
<?
Header( “HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently” );
Header( “Location: http://www.new-url.com” );
?>

By Javascript:

Code:
<%
response.setStatus(301);
response.setHeader( “Location”, “http://www.new-url.com/” );
response.setHeader( “Connection”, “close” );
%>

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
So can you build another website with B's theme and then switch A with B's content?
Yes you can if you don't care about duplicated content with B's content for the new site

The goal I want to achieve here is to get B's theme on A's website without destroying current website. Any suggestions?
As you said "A and B are using different themes" hence when A website use B's theme then you need to make similar page layouts, structure, navigation or tags/headings same as A site and you will not have problems on A site.

gopackers

I don't know if it will work for me. But it is the kind of solution what I was looking for.

HostXNow

Hi!

To me, it sounds like you just need to upload B's theme to the themes folder under the A's website and then on the B website update the theme to use the faster B's theme!? A web designer/developer or even your web host (if they're a good one) should be able to help you with this at no extra cost.

Before you try to change anything be sure to make 100% working backups of all the data first public_html, MySQL, databases, etc which is very easy if using cPanel control panel.

If your web host has a live chat they may also be able to help you with this.

Last edited:
Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.