Please critique my website

gopackers

medicalterpenes.com
The website sells weed terpenes and vaping cartridges. If you don't know what terpenes are, there is a FAQ page on the bottom of the website. Basically it is like the fragrance that you use when you vape. It is aiming towards B2B sales since it is wholesale.
I have already given up styles, unless the style of my website is going to drive my clients away. So I just want to know how the website is functioning.
Are all the links working OK with you? Any obvious mistakes or typos?
I know this website is probably just like a few hours work to some of you on this forum. I would make you laugh if you know how long it took me to set it up even though I bought the theme. I am not able to make my website fancier or prettier at this point, I just want it to sell products. My goal is to have a properly functioning website so people know my business and eventually buy from me either online or offline. So, what do you think of the website?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

skullofskill

Hi there gopackers, I like your page. Your products seem as though they can be beneficial to a large audience. I can see the purpose. Your website operates perfectly on the front-end.

As far as stuff to add, I would definitely suggest a subscription pop-up, and an exit pop-up. Also, have you looked into Adsense? I would Adsense your website, and/or, display banners that will get you commissions from niche related products and services.

Another something I noticed was your title is a bit short. It's only 16 characters. Between 50-60 characters for optimal title length. Easy fix!
And the social connections is on the very bottom, and very small. I would enhance the visibility of your social accounts and push your site more on them.

And here is a freebie, the keyword you're using is not searched for much, according to Google. I will suggest adding the keywords; cannabis essential oil,
cannabis terpenoids, terpenes, terpenes and terpenoids, terpenes cannabis, terpenes in cannabis, and terpenoids for sure! You will get more traffic for sure.

I like your page and you have done a very nice job! TOTALLY! I like how your page is secure, and I am pleased to see you used the alt tags in images. The alt tags alone can generate major traffic!

I hope that helps. :salute:

Colombiawebs

gopackers

I've been traveling recently, this is really helpful! Thank you for your advice!

FoxMetrics

Looks good. I know how hard and frustrating it can be just to have a simple page exist. You got past the hardest part so good job.

Zack

Your site looks good. It's nice and clean looking and has the feel that it was done by a professional developer. I guess I am a little naive because I didn't know what terpenes were and I had to look it up. I try to learn something new every day and your site help me get today's learning done.

daniel27lt

Hi gopackers. I really like the theme of your site, such as colors and layout. You seemed to keep up with the modern look.

A few things I noticed. Here they go...

The logo, I do like it, but maybe try wording it. Not sure. Just my opinion.

You should try to put more links within the footer, as it's a product your selling so you should have more information for the selling.

Also the date within the footer should always be the current. Not to sure if this is the date the site was created, but even that... it's not a good indication to the visitor as if this is the case then it's telling the visitors your new and haven't been in business a whole lot of time.

Last point. I went to your Facebook page and it's a personal profile. You should create a fan page and start collection likes. Just a thought.

gopackers

Hi Daniel, thank you for your helpful input here. I forgot it is already 2017:shake:
I did put wrong facebook page link there. My bad again.
We wholesale two types of things on the website. My approach was more like trying to show people what we do, so I didn't really try hard to sell on the page. But since you mentioned showing more info about products, I agree with you. What would you recommend to put in the footer?

daniel27lt

daniel27lt

That's okay. I'm glad I was some help. Even if you're selling just one product, branding it on a website is one of the best things you can do. Give as much information as possible about it. People these days really love a video review, so creating a compelling video would be great.

Also I didn't mention in before, but you should a least add about 3 testimonials on your home page, people love these too.

With the recommendations within the footer, I would start of with some of the basics as the following:

Deals
Promotions
Blog
Feedback
Newest Products
Support
About Us
Features
RSS
Pricing

I hope this helps.

PS. Also on your Facebook page you should also post updates, even if you only have 2 products. Use quotes or quirky things that attracts peoples attention.

gopackers

Good suggestions! I did put 4 testimonial there, but maybe it not that obvious..I definiely will try video now. We don't really give deals or promotions. Deals in this industry are usually made based on trust and quality, so we just kinda want to stay old school a little. I think blog can really benefit SEO, that's a good way to go for 2017.
Thanks again!

rbmm

I might suggest including an opt-in form so that you can send special offers, discounts, and whatever to your customers (or prospective customers).

Offer a discount, coupon, free something, or whatever in exchange for an email address.

Keep the opt-in form in line with the design of the site, but make it stand out to that people see it when the page loads (above the fold).

Nice site.

gopackers

I see your point. The thing is we don't give promotion or discount. It sounds weird, but we don't want to send emails to push sales. We want to deal with clients that like our quality, instead of the discount.
Thank you for your advice though.

kim16

Personally, consumers would appreciate it more if you show your flagship on the landing page. Followed by a run thru of your best sellers. That way, your target will be able to see the best that you have to offer. :) Speed wise, your site is good. Images load fast despite having a lot.

EnricTellez

Usability it great. Design lacks a bit on some things. The blue doesn't fit with the brown background in the footer.
Also the white blocks around the text doesn't look good at all.
Website loads pretty fast, and is well build

My tip would be to stay away from bright colors when having a lot of brown and beige.

Last edited:

Ciarda

Really good site but you need to adjust the word on main page with the white-background :)
Nice job.

SARubin

Hi gopackers,

(by the way, The Packers are my wife's second favorite football team)

I like your site. I'm not a designer by nature, but one thing you might want to try (if it's not too much trouble) is getting your "featured products" a bit higher up on the front page? Just now I had to scroll more than half way down, before seeing the featured products section... (That's just a thought)

Like I said, I'm not a website designer; But I am a direct response copywriter, and here's where I can help you...

(How can I put this politely?) That first paragraph, does NOT belong on any page where you're trying to sell anything!

Maybe on an "about us" page, but NOT on a sales page.

I'm going to give you a quick lesson in sales copy (I don't want to turn this into a novel here, so I'll try to keep it short)

Right now your Headline reads...

Based in Southern California

As a customer, my first thought is - Well, OK... good to know... I guess? But I don't live right down the street from you, so that's not important to me. I'm not trying to be mean here, but that's not the reason I came to your site. I came here looking for something that would be of benefit (to me)

This headline doesn't tell me what you're going to do for me, or even call me out as your target market, (or give me any reason to continue reading, at all)

In sales copy, your headline is debatably the most important part of your entire message. It needs to grab your visitors attention, and get them to say "hey, this is for me."
Otherwise, they're just one click away from hitting that back button and leaving your site.

Then your body copy says...

Medical Terpenes is a terpene profile manufacturing company located in Southern California. We have been proudly serving private customers and dispensary owners since 2012. We have built great reputations among our clients and gained our success through clients trust. Our business specializes in cannabis terpenes and wholesale CBD cartridge hardware. Our store currently carries 17 different strains. Our terpenes are full spectrum specific, derived and purified from various natural products. Our terpenes are 100% pure, 100% organic and natural, with no additives. They match the profile of the marijuana strains, and have aromas that match the strains. We wholesale all kinds of cartridges upon request. Our manufacturing plant in China produces a wide range of cartridges and CBD batteries. We custom label products and package to suit your needs. We are looking forward to serving you:

As your website visitor; This really isn't selling me anything. All it's doing is talking about you. Then finally in the last two sentences you start to talk about what you're going to do for me.

Here's a little lesson, for whenever you're writing sales copy. This is the most basic lesson I share with everybody I work with. You can use your own paragraph above to test it out...

Look at your message.

Now just count the number of times you see the word "We" or Our", or any other word relating to you and your company. Then count the number of times you see the word "You" or Yours", or any word relating directly to your reader.

Now, if the words relating to your reader don't show up at least twice as many times as the words relating to you, then you've got it backwards, my friend.

Hey, I’m not trying to embarrass you. That’s a mistake that most websites make. And if you want to stand out from the crowd, then you need to be better than that. And I’m here to help you.

Because your customers are reading your message from their own point of view. And they have only one question in mind… “How is this going to benefit me?”

The main point is... When you're writing any sales message, you always need to focus on what this is going to do for the person reading it. When you do it right, they will reward you, by purchasing from you.

I hope this helps. I could talk about this stuff for hours. But I’m sure you have better things to do than spend all day reading a forum post.

So, if there's anything else I can do to help you, just let me know.

All the best,
SARubin

adamhighfill

Hey there Pack,

I know it's been a while since you've posted in this thread. I am curious to know: How your website is doing since you implemented some of the advice here?

I think I have a few simple "design" tips that will help you see a higher conversation rate on your sight. They include:
-Having a 3 great "above-the-fold" features that will immediately catch the attention of the fewers
-Strategically placing Calls to Action to maximize conversion
-And what words to say to establish credibility and position yourself as an expert in the field.

- Adam

Fu Fei

This site looks amazing. Surprised you managed to scale with woocommerce running the backend!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.