Translated content: Google considers them as duplicate or unique?

arindamb

There are many services offering translating articles from different languages. They are translated by humans not by automatic software. If using translated articles, Google considers those pages as duplicate content or not? You can not tell it is duplicated content completely unless you see the original articles that translated. I want to ask Google detect this as duplicate or unique? and it can be ranked high on search engine results?

Nancy G

If you use a professional human translator or a good native speaking writer to translate your English articles to another language, the content is completely altered to suit the particular country in complete understanding of its culture, differences in syntax taking into consideration culturally and legally acceptable texts or expressions. The essence or the message being conveyed is still there but the writing approach will be different, sensitive to the market.

To answer your question, Google doesnt see translated content if done via a professional human translator as duplication.
Google may easily regard your article as spamming or duplicate if your approach is just simply literal “word by word” translation or even use of automated applications. The content more often than not will not convey its real messages, loses its relevance, makes no sense at all in terms of grammar and understanding.

There are so many technicalities involved to rank high in search engine results. It is best you make a research particular to each foreign market and launch it one at a time to make sure everything is in place. You may need to consider also the domain or URL structure to use with multilanguage versions and submitting your changes for Google indexing.

Take note Google is not the top ranking Search Engine in certain countries like China or Russia. Whatever search engine you will be using, quality content is still the most important SEO element.

SEOPub

I would not worry about it too much. Google does not care about if your content is original or not as much as people think.

For your readers, if all you are doing is using Google translate to publish content it is going to read like utter garbage.

Plus, technically, you are probably still violating someone's copyright, so there is always the chance of having a DMCA filed against you and seeing your site taken down.

paul1129

paul1129
Exactly correct.

Google doesn't even care about whether the content is unique or not. But surely it does care about if you are copying content from another site even if its from another language.

And the services you are talking about are basically automated. So, they will produce automated translation which means it may be grammatically correct but almost gibberish to the audience.

jeffscott

If using translated articles, Google considers those pages as duplicate content or not?
Genuine translated content are not duplicate because it is not the same word by word from the origin (let's say English language) native people are well experienced on this so that Google will consider as unique content.

SEOPub

I dont agree with this dear, Google does care about the uniqueness of content!
No. They do not. Never have. That is a huge myth.

DanielN

DanielN
Yeah, websites based on stealing news content via algorithms do exceptionally well in Google rankings.
Unoriginal content is not punished nearly as much as people think. Which is a shame.
As for translated content it's not considered duplicate simply because Google is unable to tell it's duplicated. We are not there yet technically speaking.

Subharthi89

Nope I don't think so. As I have been working as a translator on contentmart for a long time and I have not ever been complained of submitting duplicate content. I translate English contents to Bengali language and Google has never banned my content for being a duplicate content. So, my assessment is that if you translate your content manually or you get help of any professional native speaker, it will never turn out to be a duplicate content. Now if you use the help of any tools to translate your content automatically, that might be listed as a duplicate content. However, a translated content without proper source link can initiate any legal issues.

paul1129

paul1129
Yours working because what you are doing is translating content from an International language to a regional language which is a language of a state or maybe a country (in that case a national language) but still the audience is too small and the audience still doesn't search for their native language, they mostly search in English.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
For your readers, if all you are doing is using Google translate to publish content it is going to read like utter garbage.
How if the website owner translated, corrected and made them readable for readers. That will be fine?

Nope I don't think so. As I have been working as a translator on contentmart for a long time and I have not ever been complained of submitting duplicate content. I translate English contents to Bengali language and Google has never banned my content for being a duplicate content. So, my assessment is that if you translate your content manually or you get help of any professional native speaker, it will never turn out to be a duplicate content.
I agree with you on this point and ever it can be considered as a quality content if it proofread exactly.

Now if you use the help of any tools to translate your content automatically, that might be listed as a duplicate content. However, a translated content without proper source link can initiate any legal issues.
How it is listed as duplicated content if it is unique and not ever translated before?

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.