Is there any free E-Commerce Platform?

Salmonjames

It's my first post to this forum and 9th one including all other forums.

I am new into all this and after taking inspiration from so many online businesses I have decided that I should give myself a try. I am not sure how to start but I am certain that I need to go online as there is so much potential. Now let's be specific that is there any E-Commerce platform that should let me do each and everything free. I mean hosting, setting up store each and everything. I don't want to get spare domain. I want to be on their server no matter how much business I get.

skullofskill

Hi Salmonjames,

You're asking about free eCommerce platform, as in web hosting right? If so, 10xhosting can probably provide you what you're looking for. Plus, i'm sure you will find even more places that offer the same free services. Do a Google Search for '000webhost' & 'freehostingnoads' too.

What type of online business are you planning? There are places like Tradebit, Sellfy, and Payhip that allow you to upload digital products. They will store them for you, and be payment processor for you. Plus, some of those places even provide you the customers.

Also, using G+, and/or Blogspot, are great starting places that are pretty friendly with the whole marketing thing. You can play around with ideas that way too.

If you're wanting to build a brand, you may not want to use a free hosting service for building it. Use the free hosting to practice your ideas, play around with designing, and all of the testing out the whole online business thing, on the free hosts. That way when you make it big, you won't have to worry about migrating your brand to a paid host, and/or do a lot of re-directing.

I can give a better answer if I know more about what type of eCommerce you're wanting to be part of..? I hope I helped you.

Harry P

It's my first post to this forum and 9th one including all other forums.

I am new into all this and after taking inspiration from so many online businesses I have decided that I should give myself a try. I am not sure how to start but I am certain that I need to go online as there is so much potential. Now let's be specific that is there any E-Commerce platform that should let me do each and everything free.
If you are using Wordpress, I would recommend using woocommerce to create store/shopping cart on your site, it's a great solution today for people wanting to build their own stores. And a plus one, it's quite free!

I mean hosting, setting up store each and everything. I don't want to get spare domain. I want to be on their server no matter how much business I get
It's so difficult if you require to run your eCommerce site on free domain or hosting, I am wondering how you will grow your business with these kind of free services.

eCommerce plugins require more server resource to run them or you will have a slow site if you run on low quality hosting service. A VPS can is the best in this case. There are many offers on this forum https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/131-VPS-Hosting-Offers you can choose one.

Hope that helps!?

hynds

As I know that there're some of free blogging services that you can create your own website on it such as Wordpress, Blogspot, Space,...After creating free site, you can then post your products or services on it and selling them. Do promoting to every one on the internet. IMO

kb24

I know of a place you can get started with a free domain and hosting. But over time when you get traffic and sales coming in it is better if you get your own domain. You don't have to though..

Salmonjames

Guys thanks for your suggestions but I would appreciate if someone come up with any possible solution. This is because as mentioned, I don't have funds with me and I have seen that people grow their stores without even paying for hosting or site. So is there any please? By the times, I will keep on looking at other platforms too.

TheHost

You can get a 60 days trial on Shopify, search for coupons on the web.
wooCommerce is also popular and free, it's a WordPress plugin. But it doesn't come with free hosting and to make it different from other you have to spend some money on a custom theme.

Salmonjames

No doubt you all have presented valuable suggestions and feedback. However, I wouldn't stuck myself into such a thing that will ask me for money after a specified time. Even if they offer me one year free trial, I won't opt. This is because I would only hug the one that will offer me free of cost.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.