Programming/Coding versus Graphic Design

HMBanna

How much does it really necessary to learn programming and coding in the field of Graphic Design?

Steve32

How much does it really necessary to learn programming and coding in the field of Graphic Design?
Programming and coding are quite different fields, you can not combine both into one. Graphic can not generate codes from its graphics but a special thing is, programming can create graphics by its codes, like you are seeing html 5 banners, Action script in Flash, PHP or other programming languages could "draw" amazing dynamic graphics.

HMBanna

Thanks Steve32 for making things clear. Now I understand it now. :) :)

Strike

I would say it is very important, having at least a basic understanding would benefit your clients and you as you will be able to offer more.

an example from me was a client that just wanted a logo, in the end I re-branded his entire company which included a website.

as a web designer you need the graphic skills anyway so it works both ways

edwardkenway

programming/coding and graphic design these two are totally different things. Between these two things very common is programing can produce graphical things by its own, but graphics can not produce coding material. By coding different type of things can be possible like: html5, flash banner etc types of things can be possible. Graphic design can not make any code by its own, these are simple knowledge that i know.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.