Driving traffic to your websites by following lots of people on Twitter?

harrygreen90

Hi everyone,
Do you guys think it's a good way to drive traffic to your website by following lots of people on Twitter?
I am running a flash website and I figured if I followed people who followed Twitter accounts relate to online games, they may be interested in by following me back and I will have more visitors this way? Is this a poor way to promote?
Please share your opinions!

Ron Killian

I have seen sales come though twitter, but it's not huge numbers. You could try it, but it's really hard to say. Though following those related to your site seems like it could work. I just find twitter to be so promotional and spammy these days. And so automated.

But it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Just don't be bummed if it doesn't work well.

If you have some cash you could try buying ads there, I've heard they do okay. Just an idea.

ulterios

Following a lot of people on Twitter isn't going to bring you a lot of traffic itself. Following a lot of people that are your target audience and getting them to follow you back would be the goal here. If you are following them, they won't see your Tweets unless you send the Tweets to the specifically.

You want to get as many people that are your target audience to follow you and then when you send out your Tweets there is a chance that they will see them and either come to your Twitter page or follow a link in your Tweet if you have one included.

Twitter can bring a good amount of traffic if you have the right people following you and you make good quality Tweets that can draw them into visiting your website.

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
If you will manually follow genuine account then maybe you will got some traffic but its better to promote content instead of wasting time on twitter.

I see some of my customer use Twitter software which will automatically follow you back.. lol so what is benefit? I mean you followed a automated account then you will get nothing.

However If you will spend your time on promotion then of-course you will got some traffic. Good luck.

Website Design Ltd

Targeting is important here. It's important to make sure you're genuine about who you're following in terms of a) Are they relevant to the industry you operate in, b) Could they possibly have any interest in your services/products?, c) Are they already potentially in the market for your services/products? Otherwise you can come across as disengenuous and this could potentially harm your brand.

So long as you're sincere about gaining followers, you never know what you might get in return. Whilst it's time consuming, and traffic return might be poor overall, I would say that as a brand awareness exercise it's definitely important.

One key thing to note: don't do any of that 'following then unfollowing' BS in an attempt to garner followers/traffic. Avoid the moral dangerzone.

SethTurin

Keep in mind - you will probably get blocked from following new people after a short while if you add 50 or so per day for a few weeks. You can't follow an unlimited amount of people. This may be a newer rule.

Older threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.