Why is it difficult to find Magento Developer?

Salmonjames

I often come across so many online store owners who say that they want some changes but they are not getting developer for that. Is this me only who think that? Or finding developer for Magento is really hard?

Rob Whisonant

Most internet marketers are cheap and want everything for free. If they can't get it free they try to do it by themselves.

Plenty of developers around. Just very few willing to pay them. :)

tyggis

tyggis
Yes, thats it. And a lot of people use Wordpress/WooCommerce because its "Free". (But of course its not free, you will pay a lot for plugins you require.)

Salmonjames

I often hear that people grumble that Magento developers are really hard to find. Since I am not familiar, I see lot of people and jobs who say that they need php or they need developers of Shopify but I rarely see if there's an opening for Magento developer.
Why is that? Is it hard? or are they expensive? or Magento is no longer used now?

Rob Whisonant

I just went to Bing and found tons of Magento developers. So they are not hard to find at all.

FoxMetrics

I think its a matter of value of their time. Starting out people figure it out themselves because they are not going to pay 40 grand and not get a return on that expense.

Salmonjames

By hard I mean they aren't that much economical as compared to other. Say one of my friend is developer in PHP and he is not getting much pay as compared to his colleague who works in another company as a Magento Developer.

Salmonjames

I understand that but the thing is, charging too much is not justified in any case. I came across two guys they both did awesome projects and had same experience. However, when we negotiated on packages then I was amazed completely.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
What do you feel is charging to much? I am a professional programmer and I charge $300 per programming hour. My clients have no problem paying me what I am worth.

One way to learn the true value of a high end programmer is to put a project out to bid and hire the low bidder. Now, weeks or months later when you can't get bug fixes, or your script is hacked, go back and hire the real programmer to solve your problems. Now you paid even more than you would have if you had hired the pro in the first place. :)

I see this happen every day.

Salmonjames

Wow that's really nice and I must say that your clients are paying you well enough and your whole discussion indicates that you are man of your words. Since I am non technical person, if I want something for myself then I would definitely see something that is free initially or if that's free all times then that's gonna be awesome.

OK! do you mind if I ask your opinion on something?

kim16

I often come across so many online store owners who say that they want some changes but they are not getting developer for that. Is this me only who think that? Or finding developer for Magento is really hard?
I've used Magento before in my previous company. I have to say that, that thing was difficult to manipulate. I painstakingly did some adjustments but ended up scrapping the entire platfrom. What a waste. :(

Older threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.