What is incentive traffic?

Jovani

Hey all,

I'm sorry all guys, just wondering what does incentive traffic mean?

Please give some explanation and example.

Thanks
Jovani

vishwa

Incentive traffic means when Visitors to a website that receive compensation or incentive for visiting the site. This type of traffic is often seen as less-valuable traffic, because many people are visiting simply to receive an incentive.

Steve32

Steve32
You are right on this, incentive traffic likes its name explained, i didn't help in increasing sales for a website that just help increasing visitors/visits count.

hynds

It is traffic that is given when people have a reason to go to your site, other then reading the regular contents.

For example, if I had showed a link to a gardening website, yet named the link "My gardening site has a free giveaway! $500 for anyone who clicks!", people would click the link wanting $500, not because they wanted to learn about. So things like contests, referral schemes etc cause incentive traffic -- traffic that goes to a site not because of its regular content, but because of an incentive.

Reactions: Jovani

Jovani

Jovani
I got your point and understood what incentive traffic is.
Anyway, it is not a good source of traffic to generate sales and this is a type of traffic that Google mentioned in webmaster tool or analytics?

john3322

Visitors to a website that receive compensation or incentive for visiting the site. A common form of incentivized traffic happens when one site offers visitors incentives such as cash for clicking through to various other sites

Intuz

Visitors to a website that receive compensation or incentive for visiting the site is called incentive traffic. A common form of incentivized traffic happens when one site offers visitors incentives such as cash for clicking through to various other sites. This traffic is less valuable and irrelevant.

Sam

Incentive traffic means the site owner pays people to visit his of her website. This way commonly happens on PTC sites. On PTC sites, the advertisers buy advertisement campaigns, and the members of the PTC sites get earning from visiting those ads.

alexanderzx360

As most of the responses on this thread, incentive traffic is the kind of traffic where the people who visit the site, receive some kind of compensation for it. Some people describe it as "bribing" but I don't think it works that way.

Incentive traffic is often used to make earnings for both sides, for example like Sam said, PTC sites are traffic incentive, because users receive a small amount of money for visiting certain sites, while those site owners increase people's attention and more than once get someone to subscribe or to look over their site more than they're supposed to.

Cheers!

shrinkme

I had not heard this term before but reading through all the responses it makes sense. Traffic that you receive is best if it is targeted to your offer, say off a search engine. This tends to be the most expensive you can buy. Traffic such as Stumble Upon is not as valuable as people don't know where they are going until they get there. Paid to click sites send traffic, but to the site owner it is cheap traffic because the visits get the visitor a little compensation. Very few PTC visitors actually do anything during their visit.

efusionworld

Incentive traffic is a waste of time and is normally used to build up someone's traffic stats ahead of a sale or link sales/exchange.

I would much rather have less traffic if it was genuine - with an interest in the site's content.

Chris DaSilva

A common form of incentivized traffic happens when one site offers visitors incentives such as cash for clicking through to various other sites. This traffic is often seen as less-valuable traffic, because many people are visiting simply to receive an incentive.

Rob Whisonant

Yes incentive traffic is usually very poor traffic. But, I actually make money with this crappy traffic. You just need to understand why people are clicking links and market to them.

Here is a hint. They are clicking links in desperation to make a few dollars a week. Now design a huge headline that would grab their attention and get them to click through to your site INSTEAD of clicking another incentivized link. In other words, make it appear what you have to offer is even easier.

NOW, once you have them to your site and away from the slave labor site they where on clicking away at links, you can teach them in a nice way, how stupid they are for working for slave wages when they could actually learn just a bit and actually start a business that is in the long run, not boring and makes good money. etc...

Catch my drift?

Jovani

Incentive traffic means when Visitors to a website that receive compensation or incentive for visiting the site. This type of traffic is often seen as less-valuable traffic, because many people are visiting simply to receive an incentive.
It looks like a type of traffic exchange? everyone clicks on another links so other people will click on their links.

Yes incentive traffic is usually very poor traffic. But, I actually make money with this crappy traffic. You just need to understand why people are clicking links and market to them.
Got it.

Here is a hint. They are clicking links in desperation to make a few dollars a week. Now design a huge headline that would grab their attention and get them to click through to your site INSTEAD of clicking another incentivized link. In other words, make it appear what you have to offer is even easier.

Catch my drift?
I feel difficult in understanding what you mean for this or trying explaining.

Visitors to a website that receive compensation or incentive for visiting the site is called incentive traffic. A common form of incentivized traffic happens when one site offers visitors incentives such as cash for clicking through to various other sites. This traffic is less valuable and irrelevant.
How did they receive cash or know to click through to various other sites? Is it an offer from the website they are visiting?

nsrivas2

Incentive traffic means When site visitors come to the site in return they get some part as a commission.

marine2008

I know some SEOs try to use incentive traffic to boost rankings (via the behavioural factors). That is a bit tricky...

clara_lara

Incentive traffic is the traffic to the site of users attracted by direct motivation. The purpose of such traffic is not to sell goods or services, but to attract attention to the site. The concept of incentive traffic is often found in the mobile field of affiliate marketing.

Mugeni Ivan

Incentivized traffic, also known as incent or incentive traffic, is a relatively misunderstood and oft-maligned traffic category. If you’ve heard of it before, it was almost certainly in the context of “non-incent” or “no incentive traffic allowed” in affiliate offer descriptions.

edwardyn

Isn't incentive traffic and pay per click the same thing? I don't quite understand the difference between them.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jyy
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.