SEO Optimization for Ratings Website and other Content

Justin Philipps

Hello guys I have a question that just popped out on my mind.

Is it possible to SEO optimize a ratings website (and other content about your brand) if you don't own the website and you have no control on the content?

For example, I saw a website on Page 2 of Google, and that website is saying positive things about our brand, is it possible for me to bring it to first page of search results (for a branded keyword)?

If it's possible, which SEO methods will be effective? Will creating anchor text backlinks work?

I hope you guys can help me out with this one. Thanks!

SEOPub

Backlinks are the #1 ranking factor by far, so yeah it is not that hard to rank something you don't own and don't have control of.

It just takes some links.

Justin Philipps

Justin Philipps
That's cool. Which backlink generation method is the most effective for this kind of scenario? Guest Posting or creating articles and linking back to "review site" through anchor text?

Also, can you give me some idea on how do web pages rank better on a specific keyword? Is anchor text-linking the way to do it or is there a better method to do it?

FoxMetrics

promote it like you would if it was your own. Third party reviews are better than self promotion. If they have great content about you and its not competing with you in any way, promote their content. Write a blog post about what they said and include their link to their content, promote that page through your social media. It may not boost their rankings (especially if you are putting their link on lower authority sites) (but page two is not a bad place to be anyway) but it will increase awareness and exposure to them which in turn gets to you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jyy
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.