Link building from directories?

marian

Hi all,
I would like to know whether posting about a script/program in directories are good practise to build back links? Or should not practise it?

Dopani

Hi all,
I would like to know whether posting about a script/program in directories are good practise to build back links? Or should not practise it?
It depends on kind of directories you are building backlink on, quality or not.
If you have backlinks on high quality directory, you will have quality backlinks, vice versa, you know what I am saying.

hrishivardhan

I think that's the old school SEO. Now a days you should not follow them. they are no the worth doing that. As I believe in today.

Reactions: marian

StasVa

StasVa
It steel works, if you are doing it by yourself and use good white donors. I will say in many cases much better then for example newfangled crowd marketing which by the way in the old school we called it spam.

MattHogan

Link building through Directories is past procedure to generate back link. Now we are getting very backlinks through directories. And it is very time taking process where the directories sites takes time to approve your link

fromrachel

fromrachel
Money can solve this problem and it will give your process to be approved in a directory faster. If you want to have quality backlinks from directories, go with paid directories, free directory can not help your SEO or vice versa, it will harm your SEO ranking when you putted your website links on low quality directories.

vishwa

Directories are dead now. However some of the old and famous directories like DMOZ, AOL, Yahoo still effective but getting in to these directories are not an easy task.

ChicagoRELawyer

When considering Search Engine Optimization for a site link building may often be under-estimated.

KarenByerly

If you search for then you will get a lot of good quality directories. Surprisingly, those are still working nowadays. And yes, you should focus on quality, related links. There's a ton of low quality directories, which can harm you badly. So you should be very careful with what you are doing.

Brandfuge

Many webmaster said that directory submission is a vintage technique and no longer used for improving SEO. Kind of spam technique.

For me, I am still using directory submission, but I go with the quality ones.
For ex: Search for Top 100 directories and submit your business. That's enough. Of course I agree some of the directories seems bit pricy and some has strict moderation system.

It takes more time and effort to get that published. and also you need to have some money to receive instant traffic from the paid directories.

Aegis software

You can find high PR directory sites in google who provides you instant approval. So these kind of directory sites will help you to boost website ranking. Make sure website should be high pr. Other wise google will penalize your website if you have done listing in spamming directory sites.

paul1129

You are so, so wrong on this. I have ranked sites for really competitive keywords with nothing but directory links.
I agree with you. I just ranked one of our site's by directory last month.
People just to be careful and cautious to get them to work.

How can you tell what a website's PR is? Google stopped showing PR almost a year ago to the public.
PR is not dead. Its just not for public viewing anymore.

Google ranks every site in terms of PR.

Seller

Seller
Yes I know, that's why I said that it has stopped being shown. I read about that quite a while back but I can't remember exactly where.

Don't you think they stopped showing it because people figured out how to cheat their own system?

johnclarke

Directory links are good only if it is from relevant and updated directories. Links from business directories, and niche directories are good to get.

There are many directories which offer paid links, but I wont recommend them as it is paid and it’s against Googles guide lines.

SamHeyerSeo

Link Directories is a good strategy for Seo but you have to me careful about thw authority of each directory. Google cares only for all quality links.

SEOPub

I don't like to share too many of them because IM'ers have a way of turning things to sh!t. A few good examples though...

botw.org
stpt.com
joeant.com

Basically, I want directories that are well moderated. I also prefer directories that cost money to get into. That tends to keep most of the trash out. I want directories with well defined categories, and if I can spend a few extra bucks to be listed at the top of a category, even better.

I try to avoid a directory that lists tons of listings on the same page. If there are 100 links on the same page as yours, that is going to be a weaker link.

RenderedElite

I wouldn't waste my time on directories, Google doesn't favor directory backlinks like they did in the past. It's not likely to hurt you, but trying to get a large amount of directory backlinks is probably pointless. I would follow the advice of some of the other posters here who said focus on the big reputable directories and relevant directories if there's any related to your website.

Do you guys really waste money paying to get listed in a bunch of directories? I know paid directories are better in theory, but are they actually helpful?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.