is our website really infected with malwares?

Justin Philipps

Hello, I need help from someone who has an extensive amount of experience in adwords marketing.

So, here's the problem. One of my ads was recently suspended due to a weird reason: "malware"

They sent me this message:

Before we can allow your site to run again, we have to ensure that these compromised links on your site are removed. Our system indicates that these suspicious link(s) include, but are not limited to:

Here is the links you need to remove from your website: [Removed]

most of them looks like this: "adstract . adk2x . com /conv?id=74777889&t=img"

I never had this problem before, as I have advertised my website for an extended period of time already. This problem started when I made a little bit of change in our URL, I included a "tracking ID" on our website URL to track where the leads are coming from, as we have many ads from different campaigns (FB, Adwords etc)

So, I'm not sure where the problem is, is it from the tracking ID that I added on our website URL, or is our website really infected with malwares?

webdesign

So, I'm not sure where the problem is, is it from the tracking ID that I added on our website URL, or is our website really infected with malwares?
Your website could get infected with malwares which generated reported links from Google adwords. Try to remove links as they suggested and check it again. If you still get the same problem, you need to clean malwares/virus on your site.

What type of website CMS are you using on your site?

Justin Philipps

I'm not sure what CMS our developers have used for the website, but I think it's made from PHP. I contacted our web developer regarding this issue and they said they can't still figure it out, and maybe Google adwords is flagging "tracking pixels" from other campaigns as malwares.

I got a call from adwords earlier and they told me to remove the tracking ID from the URL as they don't allow it. Why is tracking ID in the URL forbidden? How would we be able to track which campaign the leads is coming from? Is there any adwords tool that can do it?

postcd

I would expect that you can track campaign efectivity from Adwords. Also next try is Google Analytics.
My sites got infected several times, and there was cases when i was angry on Google because i could not find the issue, but it was there, just well hidden by idiots who injected it.
Fast way to discover where they injected malicious code to your files is to sort files by modification date or filter website access logs for suspicious POST requests. If you can't do it, you can hire me or someone.

tiffiecute

Always packed your PC with the best malware anti-virus software especially if you treat the online world as your means of livelihood. We do online transactions now and then, using our passwords and what not. So we really need to be one step ahead in putting a defense for a cautious call. It's better that way than being sorry in the end.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.