Simple and Free DDoS Protection with IPtables + Cloudflare

HostLittle

Hey there everyone,

I wrote this tutorial called simple and free ddos protection, so you can protect your website from DDoS.

What is DDoS?

Distributed Denial of Service is an attack on Internet infrastructure. Sending thousands of packets of data can overload a web server and cause it to slow down or crash.

With more and more of our life depending on fast reliable Internet service, it is easy to see why DDoS protection is very important.

So, let's get into the tutorial.

Step 1) Signup on Cloudflare.com. This is free and usually takes about 10 minutes.

Step 2) Login to SSH and use iptables (free) to block all traffic to your website EXCEPT Cloudflare's IP's

What this does is block everyone except Cloudflare from accessing your website. Be careful not to lock yourself out! Now the only traffic that is allowed to hit your server, is from Cloudflare.

Please feel free to leave a comment or send me a message with any questions!

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Simple and Free DDoS Protection with IPtables + Cloudflare
it is weird in your title, because of using Cloudflare then its ready have functions like IPtables to solve DDoS attacks.

Step 2) Login to SSH and use iptables (free) to block all traffic to your website EXCEPT Cloudflare's IP's
Why you use iptables to black all traffic, it can affect to your website if you also blocked your real visitors/ traffic.

What this does is block everyone except Cloudflare from accessing your website. Be careful not to lock yourself out! Now the only traffic that is allowed to hit your server, is from Cloudflare.
In Cloudflare, enable "I am under attack" mode then Cloudflare could handle bot/spam/ddos traffic.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
S
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.