Please review Mandatory Blog SEO

Ron Killian

From the colors, layout and fonts it looks quite outdated. Not the most appealing colors. Dark has been out for some time. The brown, well, we don't want to say what that looks like.

Side bar text, so much italics, makes it harder to read. Odd to have iphones for sale in the sidebar. More line height would be nice too. Gotta remember there are quite a few older people in IM. Never hurts to make it readable for every one. Need to have a much bigger ad for studiopress, that one probably won't get many clicks and it's pretty tough to read the text.

Why the meta block in the sidebar? Serves no purpose to your visitors. Be more profitable to replace with an advertisement. If anything put your RSS links in the footer, just for the search engines anyways.

You don't really have images for your posts, just colored graphics. Images instead could make your site stand out more and it could be more interesting. Plus more visual if related. Pinterest proves we like visuals.

Post titles are kind of blah, not very click enticing. Obviously you could use some comments, at least for social proof. And I am sure you know you need to go out and get them, they sure don't come on their own, even when you ask on your site. More importantly, I did not noticed any call to action to comment at the end of your post, to encourage them, bug them to comment. Sometime you need to tell them what to do. Not too difficult to get comments.

Social buttons at the bottom of the post could use a call to action as well. Please click, please share, whatever. Kind of on the small side too.

On the main page, some of the post spots, part of it is cut off, the comments/read more button.

Of course just my opinions :)

ZAPPY

Hi Tunescool

Visited your site and would suggest check the links on this page:

mandatoryblogseo.com/seo-infoguides/

because when clicked that one, it took me here:

nookbank.com/seo/website-optimization with this message: The page you requested could not be found.

Also the Home link got the same message: The page you requested could not be found

Sam

The 301 redirect canonicalization is good, all pages are redirected to the most preferred URL version. Your site niche is about SEO, but how you can win the competition in SEO related keywords with just about 500 words within an article :crazy:. Try to improve each of the articles. I recommend you use Yoast SEO to give you suggestions about how to improve your onpage SEO. Add some H2 and H3 titles, interlinking pages, and images on each article. Besides that, add some images that are incorporated with Alt tag and description to let Google indexes and ranks your images better on SERP. The design, a bit disaster. If you are not good in modifying the template, just buy one from the market.

AMBTL

Yeah, the theme does look kind of vintage or retro... Vintage doesn't have to be bad, sometimes it is cool, but I think investing in a modern-looking premium theme would be beneficial.
And you need your own favicon, not the default WordPress logo :)
Your excerpts end abruptly, without a dot or anything. Not good, my friend. Consider adding [...] or "Read more".

Personally, I find Yoast to be much more advanced than the All in One SEO Pack, which you're using, but what the heck, I am not an SEO expert.
If you have started recently, moving to https is easier. Sooner or later, most serious people will have to implement SSL. So my thinking is: the sooner you do it, the better.
Cheers and good luck!

LeatherCrafting

First thing that bugs me is that its not responsive, it's not bootstraped.
Secondly the theme looks like the 70's man, maybe you like it but I don't, sorry to say.
Thirdly Maybe look on getting a revamp on the design of your site, don't get me wrong but I like the way it's organized so good job on that.

The main thing I wanted to point out is the content you have it's very well written and very useful it's just a shame that the theme turns me away from your site.

robertmonte15

The design is a bit old or retro which in my first impression was "is this a phishing site?", no offense though but there are a lot of cheap themes you can buy or even free ones that you can apply for your site, no stress on that. Also, the site is not responsive. As for SEO, your articles are too short and it's not good for seo raking.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views