Describe your past experience in affiliate marketing?

Dopani

Whats your experience with affiliate marketing? Can you describe your past experience in affiliate marketing? I want to ask you people that with which method you opted and have been most successful? Please share!

Polymath

I have only had a little experience with affiliate marketing so I am still pretty much an amateur at it. I tried to do web hosting affiliate marketing a few years ago but I only got 2 sales so I kind of gave up. I now realize that my problem was that I didn't do enough promoting of my website. I just created it and was thinking that people would just find it in Google and I would make money that way.

Now I am trying to learn about all the things that a successful affiliate marketer needs to know to achieve the success I am hoping for. I have dedicated more time to my marketing also because in the past I would just check my website maybe once a week and that was about it. Now I am going to do what it takes to earn good money from affiliate marketing.

Seller

I haven't had a lot of experience with affiliate marketing but I have been kind of learning as I go over the last couple of months I guess. I will say that prior to really looking into affiliate marketing I had no real concept of how many different things you need to know, research, study and gain experience in. It seemed simpler before I started getting deep into learning about it.

I will say that reading all you can on the different aspects of it and asking questions on things I don't know or quite understand around the forum here has really helped speed up my learning. I have a long way to go but i'm getting there. :D

Ruesnam

Well, the most successful method is already known. All the difficulty is having the patience and the time to dedicate to it.
It's based on creating some valuable free content (the topic as to be close to what you're planning to sell) and propose it for free to people in exchange of their email address (you must have already heard of landing page, haven't you). So you catch only email addresses of people who are interested into this specific field. All you have to do after that is to email these prospects and send them to the products you're promoting.

2 main points, so:
- Make an attractive landing page with an interesting free content in exchange of the prospect's email address
- Attract traffic to this landing page.

carolinepara

it's one year since the first time i know online marketing
i Just got 2 sales from this hard work, it's really hard for me when the first time doing something like this, but i believe that with ptience , and through time, every effort that i made will be paid worthly with what i have given out
the most important point, i think beween a successful marketer and a failure is the patience, ability to grab the new knowledge and most importance the flexible of one's own
i'm really grateful if you keep in touch with me

semidot

Before one year ago, i joined 'Amazon' for affiliate marketing. I opened my affiliate account and start affiliate marketing for several products those URL were added with my affiliate account. I suggested my target product URL with lot's of people who were seeking a decent product for them.
I recommended them best products and they were happy with my description that's why they bought the products. Now, all people may guess what would happen with me? Yes, finally i got a message of money credited in your account which i got from affiliate marketing. That was my first experience that's why it's special for me and will be special whole life. i cannot forget it.

RenderedElite

Amazon Associates. I got started by setting up micro niche sites based on a single product or type of products. I definitely recommend joining Amazon's affiliate program, just try to sell expensive products and don't waste your time with the small stuff.

Dopani

Before one year ago, i joined 'Amazon' for affiliate marketing. I opened my affiliate account and start affiliate marketing for several products those URL were added with my affiliate account. I suggested my target product URL with lot's of people who were seeking a decent product for them.
I really want to know how you promote Amazon affiliate products to your audience, you built a website and promoting them in posts or using ads on high traffic sites as Facebook, forums or your email list?

I recommended them best products and they were happy with my description that's why they bought the products. Now, all people may guess what would happen with me? Yes, finally i got a message of money credited in your account which i got from affiliate marketing. That was my first experience that's why it's special for me and will be special whole life. i cannot forget it.
It is a great experience how to earn money from affiliate marketing.
I think this way can be applied for products from Clickbank or other companies.

enstinemuki

My first attempt at this was in 2009 when I did some bit of IM with WAU. I had just 3 months into it as Internet in my country was a big luxury then. However, I made my first $33.33 promoting a DIY solar system product on Clickbank. Due to these Internet difficulty, I dropped and only came back in 2012 with my firs blog.

People use PPC and other paid traffic methods. I think if you have a blog, you can do even better in AM

kingcool52

I haven't got much experience with affiliate marketing although I did look at getting back into recently. The problem with affiliate marketing is that you do need to work a lot for you to make a decent amount and even that hard amount of work does not always guarantee the best results. I think the best way to do affiliate marketing is through reviews at a blog. This way your customer actually believes in the product and is more likely to actually purchase it. If you just post a link to the product you won't do well as the customer may become hesitant and not purchase it. You need to make sure that you push your customer towards the purchase by trying to encourage them that it is a good product and well worth the money.

vinaya

When I joined Hubpages back in 2010, I was by default entitled to be amazon affiliate. As a another earning streat, hubpages allowed users to become an Amazon affiliate. I have promoted amazon products since then. I have not sold too many Amazon products and made huge money through Hubpages, but I have made money. later, when I launched my own website, I decided to create my separate amazon affiliate account. I am yet to make big money, but I am able to sell ssomething every month.
Apart from Amazon, I have also done affiliate marketing for ebay through hubpages. However, currently, this program is not available on hubpages.
On my websites I promote commission junction and linkshare products, but I have not sold anything.

Saiah Davis

I've been doing IM for quite some years. I remember my first Amazon sale (not my first Affiliate project). I was following a feud between 2 rappers in 2009 and saw a post that one of them was about to release a book bashing the other.

The domain for the name of the book was available so I registered it, found the person that was managing the project on FB and contacted them to see if we could come to a deal. We spoke a few times and it appeared as if we were but then lost contact.

I then saw that the book was to be released on Amazon so I developed a site, grabbed a link from Amazon and posted it on my site. Got traffic flowing and sold the book through my affiliate link.

jyy

I made around 300 a month, on average, from Adsense and Indeed a few years ago. Nonetheless, I haven't gotten into affiliate marketing - with the exception of this guitar lesson thing I was doing and something else. In fact, I might have sold one guitar lesson package and I know I sold one or two of the other thing. Anyway, though, I'd always like to get back into affiliate marketing, but as with a lot of people, cash is always a problem.

CookieJarMoney

My most successful campaign earned me aprx $1,200 over time but was done back when I was able to simply write articles, add my affiliate links to my signature and submit to the large Article Submission Sites. (2003). I still use links in a couple of forums and this method still works as I still get small checks (25-75) from one such GPT site with very, very little effort on my part. If I posted more, I would earn more but my time has now become a commodity.

I made steady money for several years promoting an Auto-Responder which provided residual income for about 2 1/2 years - this was all done solely through the use of TE (traffic exchanges) about an hour a day once they were set up, flipping through 8-10 of them at a time. So this method does work but really only for 'make money at home' products.

Other ways are by creating a FB page to direct people to a website where I have affiliate products tied into the website. The problem here is that to me this is a really, really time consuming way to push an affiliate link. I am thinking that I may pick a few products to push for the Fall/ Holidays and look into what is going on in the Article Market and see if there is a way to do this again in today's web environment, because for me, it was 10x easier than trying to maintain a website or blog. I may write a few articles with links and slip them into my FB page (which is finally hitting almost 1,000 likes) see if I get any bites.

I have also tried free advertising such as CL - but have had little success and what success I have had was geared towards local buyers. [Fuller Brush products]
I did get quite a few responses to pushing a job related product but when it came down to anyone actually doing enough work for me to get paid my affiliate fee was another story.

Unknown

I personally don't have too much experience with affiliate marketing because I never had the courage to fully invest myself into it. I just read many mixed opinions on how profitable it can be versus how much effort/time it requires. I guess the start is the hardest and then it gets a bit easier.

I am really interested in affiliate marketing though and I've been trying to educate myself about different programs such as Amazon Affiliate, CJ, JVZoo and more. I am reading through the Affiliate subforum on this site daily and I use it as a source of knowledge. Besides that, I'm also reading an eBook about it that has the basic guides.

I really admire people that have extensive experience with it and share their tricks and tips :)

CookieJarMoney

I think that one really has to have a knack or love for marketing to really stay in the game of Affiliate Marketing over the years. For those of us who stick around, it's really more like a game of 'hunting moose' - tracking down & finding the customers (moose) then putting a message in front of them they will 'bite' on. It's the challenge of not being afraid to bait & bait in order to get a nibble and not expecting to 'slay' the big one the first trip out. It takes patience.

It usually takes day after day of routine repetitive actions - that's why I preach about 'loving' it or being passionate about it otherwise it's easy to give up & let things slide when you don't see immediate results. Instead, if you are passionate about marketing, you will automatically focus on better & easier ways to reach your market.

And don't forget time = money, if you don't have the money to invest in advertising and promoting your affiliate links then be prepared to really spend some time learning about how to utilize free methods to promote your links and schedule your time for the ongoing repetitive tasks of actually posting, promoting, creating campaigns, writing articles, etc. ...

good luck - keep us informed on what is working for you and what products/services you have chosen to promote & why.

josh30

I have an experience in affiliate marketing which is not that successful. I kind find it hard for me to do the affiliate marketing. I don't have a website that can make run those ads on the web. I have try also posting it with other website but, still I dont sell on those stuffs. Better way to make new things so I can work on my affiliate ads.

Affrevenue

Earlier I was earning from google program and then I found how affiliate marketing works. So i became and affiliate with many Networks. Earning Decent amount and started to learn affiliate marketing in deapth and applied for Business Development manager in one of the timely paying affiliate network known as affrevenue. Now i have full time job here. all thanks to never ending urge to learn more.

DuyLinh

I was looking for something special to do with my life.

I experienced a lot of different things in one year then relized that Affiliate marketing is my part.

Then i decided to commited to it, after 4 months testing and trying. I bought my first Solo ads in my life and i got my first sale

It was a great moment when i opened my account and saw there were $24,25 in my account.

I'm happy with affiliate marketing since then.

Dopani

Well, the most successful method is already known. All the difficulty is having the patience and the time to dedicate to it.
It's based on creating some valuable free content (the topic as to be close to what you're planning to sell) and propose it for free to people in exchange of their email address (you must have already heard of landing page, haven't you).
I think for landing page, it require less content so why don't you hire a writer to write useful content, if readers like your content, they can subscribe to your affiliate page.

it's one year since the first time i know online marketing
i Just got 2 sales from this hard work, it's really hard for me when the first time doing something like this
I am just curious you got 2 sales and they were sold from your site or you promoting affiliate products on other sites?

Amazon Associates. I got started by setting up micro niche sites based on a single product or type of products. I definitely recommend joining Amazon's affiliate program, just try to sell expensive products and don't waste your time with the small stuff.
I heard more about Amazon Associates but never tried.
Is this affiliate program allowed for other countries or just for USA?

I was looking for something special to do with my life.

I experienced a lot of different things in one year then relized that Affiliate marketing is my part.

Then i decided to commited to it, after 4 months testing and trying. I bought my first Solo ads in my life and i got my first sale

It was a great moment when i opened my account and saw there were $24,25 in my account.

I'm happy with affiliate marketing since then.
You got $24,25 in your account but I am curious how much did you pay for Solo ads?
Would you mind sharing a bit more details on this?

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jyy
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.