Difference between "proxy" and "non-proxy" traffic?

roggy

I have seen that "proxy" traffic is more cheaper than "non-proxy" traffic, there are some ad networks offering kind of this service, but before I buy any proxy traffic I'd rather first understand what the terms mean. What are the differences between "proxy" and "non-proxy" traffic? and pros and cons of each one?

sunny_pro

When your website visitor uses a web proxy or socks proxy and visits your site then that visitor's visit is counted as a proxy traffic. People use proxies (middlemen) to hide their computer ip so your website tracker does not get their computer ip (internet id). When you type a url on your browser, let's say google.com then your browser asks google's webserver to hand it over the webpage you want to view. Google's webserver needs your computer details (computer ip) so it knows where to send the data (page content). When your browser hands-out your computer ip to google, google then forwardss the content direct to your computer. Direct to your browser. Your browser then shows you the content. Here, Google can track which country you are from and who is your internet service provider, etc as these details are coded onto your computer ip. That is why a lot of people think this is a privacy violation. Therefore, instead of directly browsing any website such as google they'd go to a middleman (proxy server) instead and make a request for the proxy server to use it's own id (computer ip) to fetch the page from google's servers. And so here, Google will not know that you are requesting the page and be satisfied with the middleman's id (computer ip) and forward the page to the middleman. The middle man will then forward the page to you as only the middle man knows your computer ip because your browser automatically gave it to them when you visited the proxy. Your browser has to give your computer ip to the middle man. Otherwise the middle man won't know where your computer is in this world or the internet. In short, the proxy server (service) is a little like the "mail forwarding" services you have offline. And so, people use proxies and VPNs to surf the net anonymously so the websites they browse don't get their internet id. Proxies are not that foolproof. VPNs are better. I don't recommend you use proxies to remain anonymous nor do I recommend you buy proxy traffic. Fraudsters use proxy traffic. I'll mention that in my next post.
Go to http://whatismyip.com and see your computer ip. That is what every website you visit learns about your internet id. Your computer ip is like your fone number or your door number or your gps position. It's your internet id tag. To you it does not mean much when you see a bunch of lousy digits but to them it is enough to learn a lot of things about you. Where you are from.
Now, go to http://anonymouse.org and on their search box type http://whatismyip.com and then click the button. You will be forwarded to http://whatismyip.com but you will see it now shows a different ip. http://whatismyip.com thinks that is your computer id but it is actually the middleman's (anonymouse.org).
Google for these keywords to learn more:

What is a computer ip ?
What is a web proxy ?
How to surf anonymously ?
What is a socks proxy ?
What is a vpn ?
Why use a proxy ?

People setup their browsers to use Socks proxies. You can only change the proxy you want to use manually.

Last edited:

Kamley

Thanks that's a whole bunch of information. Good thing I read this because I'm using a VPN. Although I already knew that using a VPN would change your IP adress but I never knew that 'that' is how its done. At first I thought its just for securing your connection like getting your signal more strong or your wifi won't get disconnected easily. But can I ask if there is a risk in using VPN and proxies? Thanks :)

Rob Whisonant

The bottom line is never buy proxy traffic if you want to actually make money. Proxies are used heavily by bots and scammers. They are also used by people in countries that have blocked sites to get around their country block. These people usually don't have a means to pay you anyway.

So unless you want fake and basically useless traffic for some odd reason, stick to non proxy traffic.

sunny_pro

I'd suggest people listen to Rob Whisonant (Moderator) as he is a php developer and more experienced than me and he knows how to program and build a web proxy.
I am trying to run a web proxy service myself using the free proxy called "Mini Proxy" aas I failed to build my own web proxy (I'm just a php student learning from home). Mini Proxy has limited features in terms of protecting the service from hackers and criminals using the service for fraud and other illegal activities online like "DDOS attack". That is why I am trying to figure-out all the possibilities a criminal can undertake to abuse the service and add "protection features" so criminals don't make use of my web proxy. People like Rob Whisonant are helping me gather the required info I need to help me program and add the required protecting features necessary.
I have some threads open in this forum regarding the programming.

Thanks that's a whole bunch of information. Good thing I read this because I'm using a VPN. Although I already knew that using a VPN would change your IP adress but I never knew that 'that' is how its done. At first I thought its just for securing your connection like getting your signal more strong or your wifi won't get disconnected easily. But can I ask if there is a risk in using VPN and proxies? Thanks :)
Proxies are not that foolproof to keep you anonymous. Even though they hide your computer ip and prevent some javascripts (on websites) from tracking you and even though the proxies erase the website's tracking cookies from tracking your movements on their website from page to page, there are other ways a good tracking facility can track and trace you. VPNs are better in this field to shield you. But I still say, don't try anything illegal using a vpn because the law can force the vpn service to hand-out your contact details. Even if you provide the vpn with a false home address, they can pass over your credit card (the one you used to buy the vpn service) and the police will contact your credit card company and get hold of your home address and arrest you.
People use proxies and VPNs to commit click fraud. Don't get involved in click fraud no matter hat your friends say. There are bots available that commit click fraud using VPNs and proxies and they say that you will never get caught. Don't believe them. I'm a bot builder myself. But, I don't build bots to commit click fraud or generate fake traffic. I build ones that engage in legal activities.
Don't buy bots that generate fake clicks or fake traffic. They are bots/tools/softwares to commit fraud. You'll end-up in jail.
I won't bother explaining how the fraud is done as I don't want to encourage anyone to get into it.
I might list some free tools (automation softwares) in this forum where the bots generate honest & innocent traffic. Look-out for my threads.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jyy
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.