How to find forums in your niche?

yunarel

I wonder if there are some ways to find high quality forums in a niche related to your niche on Google for traffic and back links without wasting too much time surfing on forums or websites posts. I tried to find through Gogole but some forums are not quality or less traffic. I heard that advanced search is also helpful ways but how to use it? Any other tips about making this search process quicker or simpler?

ZAPPY

Hi Yunarel

you can search for relevant forums by placing your keyword into "quotes" and adding the word forum using the + symbol

For example:

Product is pinhole glasses.

You'd type: "pinhole glasses" + forum as your search term (Remember to add the " " around your keyword especially if more than one word and the +) then take your pick from the results

Also you can use your keyword with the + and add the word discussion!

For example:

"pinhole glasses" + discussion and again take your pick from the results :idea:

ntk683

My additional information:Using these extension for your browser to find out high quality forum or blog to join.

1. MozBar
2. SEOQuake

Hope this helpful !

Regards.

Reactions: Will A

KarenByerly

KarenByerly
How to find using SEOQuake? I am interested to learn!

divdeeps

divdeeps
You can find the SEOQuake in the extension library of your browser. Example, if you are using Google Chrome, then search for SEOQuake chrome extension and then you can install that and similarly, if you are using, Mozilla Firefox, then search for SEOQuake for Mozilla Firefox

harrygreen90

harrygreen90

This is just helping to know if that forum is a quality forum or not, it doesn't help to find forums in your niche.

The best way is using Google by this formular:

Code:
Your niche keyword + forum
This will find out forums that related to your niches because almost forums will add keywords about fields that they are working about. :)

achat

There are a few board search engines but none are very good. Your best bet is to use Firefox "dofollow" addon and just search Google for "topic" + phpbb or forum etc... and just manually check to see if they are dofollow with the addon.

SEOPub

There is no magic way to find quality forums. You have to seek them out and browse them to make a determination if they are a worthwhile forum or not.

jeiss

jeiss
I totally agree with SEOPub here. Even after using all the keywords, extensions and search strings to find forums of interest you still have to skim through to see how useful they can be to you. In the real sense of it, there isn't a quick way to ascertain this. So many times I have found myself in forums that don't seem to be of any relevance to me after I got in as a result of the waves people make about it. When I come to realize this, I just make for the exit.

A quality forum would be one that has a rich array of information relevant to your niche of interest.

Aegis software

You can easily find forums from google by searching your business related term. Make sure forum sites should be high DA/PA and also providing a dofollow link. It will definitely helps your website to improve ranking positions.

giangxiu

Install Mozbar and search for "keywords in your niche" + forum. Then choose the forums in SERPs that have good metric.

contentranked

Agree with many that already posted. Here's some of my favorite search strings to find forums:

“forum” + “keyword”
“board” + “keyword“
“forum” + “keyword“
“latest discussion” + “keyword“

SamHeyerSeo

I wonder if there are some ways to find high quality forums in a niche related to your niche on Google for traffic and back links without wasting too much time surfing on forums or websites posts. I tried to find through Gogole but some forums are not quality or less traffic. I heard that advanced search is also helpful ways but how to use it? Any other tips about making this search process quicker or simpler?
I can give an alternative option. If you make a research on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, profiles will lead you directly to some post and the places they are referencing.

Unknown

I usually just use the Google search engine when I want to find a good, high-quality forums for a specific niche. I think that if you simply do the search there you should get plenty of hits... just make sure that you're entering the right queries. For example, let's say I want to find quality forums about clothing. I would open up Google and type: clothing “powered by smf” site: /forum

You can obviously replace the ''smf'' with other software such as vbulletin or PhpBB and more. If you are still unhappy you can click the settings/more on the search bar and adjust the specific parameters.

centurion

You have to find out important and related keyword for your forum and website. After that you have to do a brief research with several search engines and with related keywords. There you will find related forum website and you have to list one by one to do your work.

Thanks
Centurion

jyy

You can always try web directories. Nonetheless, if the description doesn't indicate it's a forum, you might not find it. Anyway, there is a path around this situation and it involves forum directories, directories which consist of only forums.

Oh, by the way, there is also forum search engines. I ran into this strange thing while researching this post. Some of them are Omgili, BoardReader. Has anyone used these?

Antonio94

I think many people here have rounded up the best methods to find forums. Still, if you're looking for something to ease your burden a bit more (yes just a bit more but I think that will worth it), I suggest dropmylink. It can narrow down forums you want to look for. But as I said, it only ease a bit of your burden. You still have to check manually each forum, this tool only help you to get relevant forums you're looking for.

LinkHeros

Another good method to find forums is to use Twitter. Just use some of the search strings that other people have suggested in the Twitter search bar. This will bring up forums in your niche that are active.

JoeMilford

I find this comment here to be totally true. It is hard to find good ones, and it is hard to contribute to forums which are not appealing to you. Also, it is hard to build a rapport with forum members unless you have a base knowledge of the material which the forum is concerned with to begin with.

dljetarora

Follow theis trick to find forums or anything related to your niche-

Forums+Digital Marketing
forums+software development

category+yourkeyword

jon99

Its very simple to find your niche related forums.

Just type this in google search box:

Keyword + inurl:”/forums/”

Keyword + “discussion board”

Keyword + inurl:”showtopic.php”

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.