Should I use all the social media websites?

Polymath

If I want to market my blog posts and affiliate products then is is a good idea to use all the social media websites or stick to just a couple of the better ones?

Ron Killian

Depends. Depends on your niche and depends on what you mean by "all" social sites. There are probably like 100 or more but only a handful are worth it. Least there use to be alot.

At the very least start with the big ones like facebook, twitter, pinterest, ect. Another idea is to track what buttons are actually getting clicked. I use Easy social sharing and it shows how many clicks each button gets. Can be interesting. For example, I get people clicking Reddit. Did not think it would get much.

And it depends on your niche/audience. If it's visual, pushing pinterest might be best.

Zack

There are so many different ones that I think it would be best to just use the ones that are best suited for your needs. I'm not any kind of social media pro or anything but that just seems to make sense to me.

ulterios

Personally I would use the ones that will give you the best chance to achieve whatever you are trying to AND that have the target audience that you are wanting.

If you waste your time on too many of them you will not be able to be as effective as you could be if you were just concentrating on the ones that would best meet your needs.

Seller

It seems like it would be time consuming if you are using a lot of them. It might be more time efficient if you just use a few of the ones that you have the best chances of success with.

Thalea Cruz

Maybe not all platforms are applicable to your business. You can try Facebook and Twiiter then you can consider adding niche social media site in your marketing arsenal. Not all your audience can be found on one platform so I understand that you want to build your presence in more platforms.

Intuz

To share your website links and unique blog content on social media platforms are important but the type of social media depends on your business niche.

For example, if you are selling jewellery or makeup or fashion accessories Pinterest, Instagram, weheartit will be the best choice.

If you have SEO, software development, app development services to promote, Facebook page, LinkedIn company page, Twitter official account are the best choice.

Polymath

Depends. Depends on your niche and depends on what you mean by "all" social sites. There are probably like 100 or more but only a handful are worth it. Least there use to be alot.
Oh, sorry. I meant all the real big social media websites like Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon and social media websites like those.

At the very least start with the big ones like facebook, twitter, pinterest, ect. Another idea is to track what buttons are actually getting clicked. I use Easy social sharing and it shows how many clicks each button gets. Can be interesting. For example, I get people clicking Reddit. Did not think it would get much.
Is Easy social sharing a Wordpress plugin or some kind of social media service?

There are so many different ones that I think it would be best to just use the ones that are best suited for your needs. I'm not any kind of social media pro or anything but that just seems to make sense to me.
That's what I started to think but I am not exactly sure which ones are best suited for my needs.

If you waste your time on too many of them you will not be able to be as effective as you could be if you were just concentrating on the ones that would best meet your needs.
That's why I was asking this question. I just didn't know if I would be using up too much time trying to be using all the big social media websites.

It seems like it would be time consuming if you are using a lot of them. It might be more time efficient if you just use a few of the ones that you have the best chances of success with.
I don't really know which ones I would have the best chances of success though. I might just try several of the bigger ones and see what kind of results I get from them and go from there.

Maybe not all platforms are applicable to your business. You can try Facebook and Twiiter then you can consider adding niche social media site in your marketing arsenal. Not all your audience can be found on one platform so I understand that you want to build your presence in more platforms.
What do you mean by niche social media sites?

To share your website links and unique blog content on social media platforms are important but the type of social media depends on your business niche.
How would I know which social media websites to use?

For example, if you are selling jewellery or makeup or fashion accessories Pinterest, Instagram, weheartit will be the best choice.
I haven't ever heard of "weheartit". What is that one about?

davebusiness86s

It seems like I think different from everyone. I think you should use as many social media as you can.
The more the better in my opinion. There's no harm of using too many

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
So you can clutter up your site with unnecessary buttons (and alot of extra code and possibly slow down your site) that never get clicked or do not bring anything in return and are more traffic leaks? Ya why not.

Polymath

It is a plugin, paid, but worth it in my opinion. So many options, analytics, ect.
Thanks. I don't mind buying a plugin if it is worth it and helps me out. Do you remember what the price is? Just curious.

It seems like I think different from everyone. I think you should use as many social media as you can.
The more the better in my opinion. There's no harm of using too many
I would use a lot more of them but my time is limited so I just want to spend it on the social media websites that I will get the most benefits from using. I was thinking about it earlier and looking around the web for some social media tools so I might do some extra sites if the tools help save time.

I was thinking of using maybe 5 to start with and grow to include more as time permits.

Do you have any that you would recommend besides the usual Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter?

longmont

There is no real answer to your question, it really depends on "you" and what you want to do. I have used only Facebook to some degree of success, and not because anyone told me what to do. Look at the tools, look at your needs, then decide.

Polymath

Polymath
I just want to spend my time working on the social media websites that give me the best chances of success.

What tools are you talking about? Do you have some examples of what the tools are?

nishantoommen

HI it will be better if you stick to the famous nes in the initial stage, Get a feel of it. Let what works on those social medias. For example, the message you nee dto send across Facebook should be Caual in nature, LinkedIn has to be profesional(which means - Cut to the chase, no blaggering), Try putting short messages on twitter an dalways make sure that you will use the wright tag and will try to stimulate discussions by proper invitation. Initially focus on these 3 and lateron diversify to other social channels also.

datamaya

If I want to market my blog posts and affiliate products then is is a good idea to use all the social media websites or stick to just a couple of the better ones?
Yes, but gradually. One at a time.

Don't try to master them all at once or you'll become overwhelmed (my own experience). I don't know what your blog is about and what products you sell, but I assume starting with Facebook is pretty safe. If you've got a lot of likes on your Facebook Fanspage and the audience is engaging, it's easier to build audience on any other social media sites you're about to use.

Just my 2 cents :)

kim16

It will really help if you can utilize all that appear significant. But I suggest that you focus on the mainstream like Facebook and Twitter. :)

contentranked

Heck no. I think you should ONLY focus on the ones where your target audience is. If your audience is mostly visual people, then your primary focus should be PInterest. If they're business professionals, then LinkedIn would be the best play.

If you try to target all at once you're limiting your chances of really dominating the one you're target audience frequents. That's the "be everywhere" syndrome. It may seem like a good idea but stick with the ones that work best for you first.

That's my thinking.

I agree with you here, Ron. I like your idea of tracking the buttons that get clicked because that's a major indicator of what social site is more popular with your particular audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

garakelim

I would suggest that first study the target audiences of your blog. This will help you in choosing the best social media websites to market your blog posts. The most popular ones are Facebook, Twitter, Google plus. Use any number of social media websites, but I suggest these ones must be included in your list of priority.

Polymath

HI it will be better if you stick to the famous nes in the initial stage, Get a feel of it.
That's what I am going to try to do. I really don't have a lot of experience with the social media sites so I don't always know exactly what I should do.

the message you nee dto send across Facebook should be Caual in nature, LinkedIn has to be profesional, Try putting short messages on twitter an dalways make sure that you will use the wright tag and will try to stimulate discussions by proper invitation.
How do I know what the right tags are?

Don't try to master them all at once or you'll become overwhelmed (my own experience). I don't know what your blog is about and what products you sell, but I assume starting with Facebook is pretty safe. If you've got a lot of likes on your Facebook Fanspage and the audience is engaging, it's easier to build audience on any other social media sites you're about to use.
I don't have a lot of likes on Facebook yet, how do I get them?

I suggest that you focus on the mainstream like Facebook and Twitter. :)
Why should I focus on the mainstream social sites? Is it because more people know and use them?

If you try to target all at once you're limiting your chances of really dominating the one you're target audience frequents. That's the "be everywhere" syndrome.
Then it's better to find what you think your best chance of success is and just really work that one the most?

The most popular ones are Facebook, Twitter, Google plus. Use any number of social media websites, but I suggest these ones must be included in your list of priority.
These are the ones I was thinking about the most. Would it be better to just stay with these until I get more comfortable with using social media?

datamaya

datamaya
- Start inviting your close friends and family
- Use Facebook Ads
- Guest blogging and share your Fanspage account
- Put your Facebook Fanspage URL on your email signature

I hope those ideas help :)

eeecentric

eeecentric
The right tags are the most relevant to your product or service. For example, if you are selling eBooks, popular hashtags to engage readers include #FridayReads, #MustRead, #TeaseTuesday #Kindle, #eBook, etc. If you are looking at Twitter, I would recommend following and monitoring hashtag activity to be in the know, in terms of what people using the hashtag are doing or saying on the topic. If you feel that your content is relevant to add to the discussion, hop in and take part. Engaging in a conversation in this manner will help your brand spread influence and hopefully gain an audience and more followers. A great (I believe free) online tool for this is called TweetDeck. https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/.

If you are wondering about the meaning of popular acronym hashtags, Tagdef https://tagdef.com/en/ is a good website to help you.

If trending hashtags apply to what you are offering, then take advantage of it. However, use trending hashtags sparingly and ONLY when they are relevant what you are talking about. Some organizations use trending hashtags only to promote, even if it has no relation to what they are about, and it comes off as desperate and tacky. If you want to monitor trending tags, check out the website Hashtagify http://hashtagify.me/popular

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
If you have a time then join all otherwise If you can't give enough time then chose some selected Social media only because of It will be better.

But for SEO, If you will chose all Social Media then your site will ranking will be increased.

I mean there is thousands of Social Media sites or maybe Millions.

Website Design Ltd

Website Design Ltd
That isn't necessarily true at all. Google effectively treats all social pages as standard and doesn't account for social signals in SEO rankings. This essentially means that Google doesn't have any immediate plans to crawl & rank each and every one of your social media pages so that you can monopolise the first page of rankings.

Yes, Google can index social media pages, but it's not going to help you increase your own website's ranking in any way, shape or form.

Using social media should solely be about building your brand, developing business relations and consumer trust, as well as creating quality content.

Don't waste your time adopting every social platform under the sun simply because it's there.

At the risk of repeating what most have already said, think about what will benefit you, and your brand.

grubble

grubble
Couldn't agree more. Also, if you join virtually all social media sites you may find you don't have the resources to run them all at the same time effectively. So, you're better off focusing on 2 or 3 that are more relevant to your brand's target audience.

SamHeyerSeo

You can start with the best 5 or 6 social platforms. You have to create 1 post weekly and connect your website for each social media platform. After that if you increase the number of social media pages you have to user buffer or something similar.

centurion

centurion
Yeah. There have minimum 100 social media platform where for your personal website necessary you can open account with every social media and you can set up your website with some keywords and with specific category and sub category which will increase your website position on search engine result page for the long time and also will generate huge traffic from every social media engine to website page.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.