Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Should I use all the social media websites?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks

Should I use all the social media websites?

If I want to market my blog posts and affiliate products then is is a good idea to use all the social media websites or stick to just a couple of the better ones?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 344/7
    Given: 62/9
    Thanks
    Depends. Depends on your niche and depends on what you mean by "all" social sites. There are probably like 100 or more but only a handful are worth it. Least there use to be alot.

At the very least start with the big ones like facebook, twitter, pinterest, ect. Another idea is to track what buttons are actually getting clicked. I use Easy social sharing and it shows how many clicks each button gets. Can be interesting. For example, I get people clicking Reddit. Did not think it would get much.

And it depends on your niche/audience. If it's visual, pushing pinterest might be best.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 20/0
    Thanks
    There are so many different ones that I think it would be best to just use the ones that are best suited for your needs. I'm not any kind of social media pro or anything but that just seems to make sense to me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 385/0
    Given: 564/0
    Thanks
    Personally I would use the ones that will give you the best chance to achieve whatever you are trying to AND that have the target audience that you are wanting.

If you waste your time on too many of them you will not be able to be as effective as you could be if you were just concentrating on the ones that would best meet your needs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 13/0
    Thanks
    It seems like it would be time consuming if you are using a lot of them. It might be more time efficient if you just use a few of the ones that you have the best chances of success with.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Maybe not all platforms are applicable to your business. You can try Facebook and Twiiter then you can consider adding niche social media site in your marketing arsenal. Not all your audience can be found on one platform so I understand that you want to build your presence in more platforms.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    To share your website links and unique blog content on social media platforms are important but the type of social media depends on your business niche.

For example, if you are selling jewellery or makeup or fashion accessories Pinterest, Instagram, weheartit will be the best choice.

If you have SEO, software development, app development services to promote, Facebook page, LinkedIn company page, Twitter official account are the best choice.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Killian View Post
    Depends. Depends on your niche and depends on what you mean by "all" social sites. There are probably like 100 or more but only a handful are worth it. Least there use to be alot.
    Oh, sorry. I meant all the real big social media websites like Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon and social media websites like those.

At the very least start with the big ones like facebook, twitter, pinterest, ect. Another idea is to track what buttons are actually getting clicked. I use Easy social sharing and it shows how many clicks each button gets. Can be interesting. For example, I get people clicking Reddit. Did not think it would get much.
    Is Easy social sharing a Wordpress plugin or some kind of social media service?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    There are so many different ones that I think it would be best to just use the ones that are best suited for your needs. I'm not any kind of social media pro or anything but that just seems to make sense to me.
    That's what I started to think but I am not exactly sure which ones are best suited for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ulterios View Post
    If you waste your time on too many of them you will not be able to be as effective as you could be if you were just concentrating on the ones that would best meet your needs.
    That's why I was asking this question. I just didn't know if I would be using up too much time trying to be using all the big social media websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Seller View Post
    It seems like it would be time consuming if you are using a lot of them. It might be more time efficient if you just use a few of the ones that you have the best chances of success with.
    I don't really know which ones I would have the best chances of success though. I might just try several of the bigger ones and see what kind of results I get from them and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalea Cruz View Post
    Maybe not all platforms are applicable to your business. You can try Facebook and Twiiter then you can consider adding niche social media site in your marketing arsenal. Not all your audience can be found on one platform so I understand that you want to build your presence in more platforms.
    What do you mean by niche social media sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Intuz View Post
    To share your website links and unique blog content on social media platforms are important but the type of social media depends on your business niche.
    How would I know which social media websites to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Intuz View Post
    For example, if you are selling jewellery or makeup or fashion accessories Pinterest, Instagram, weheartit will be the best choice.
    I haven't ever heard of "weheartit". What is that one about?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post

Is Easy social sharing a Wordpress plugin or some kind of social media service?
    It is a plugin, paid, but worth it in my opinion. So many options, analytics, ect.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    It seems like I think different from everyone. I think you should use as many social media as you can.
    The more the better in my opinion. There's no harm of using too many

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davebusiness86s View Post
    It seems like I think different from everyone. I think you should use as many social media as you can.
    So you can clutter up your site with unnecessary buttons (and alot of extra code and possibly slow down your site) that never get clicked or do not bring anything in return and are more traffic leaks? Ya why not.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It is a plugin, paid, but worth it in my opinion. So many options, analytics, ect.
    Thanks. I don't mind buying a plugin if it is worth it and helps me out. Do you remember what the price is? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by davebusiness86s View Post
    I would use a lot more of them but my time is limited so I just want to spend it on the social media websites that I will get the most benefits from using. I was thinking about it earlier and looking around the web for some social media tools so I might do some extra sites if the tools help save time.

I was thinking of using maybe 5 to start with and grow to include more as time permits.

Do you have any that you would recommend besides the usual Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Thanks. I don't mind buying a plugin if it is worth it and helps me out. Do you remember what the price is? Just curious.
    Going for $19 on envato/code canyon right now. Pretty cheap for what it does if you ask me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Going for $19 on envato/code canyon right now. Pretty cheap for what it does if you ask me.
    Great! That's a good price for a plugin. I have seen many that are over 50 dollars for a decent plugin.

I'll check it out. Thanks for all your help.

4747 Table Mesa Dr, Boulder, Colorado 80305
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Thanks
    There is no real answer to your question, it really depends on "you" and what you want to do. I have used only Facebook to some degree of success, and not because anyone told me what to do. Look at the tools, look at your needs, then decide.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by longmont View Post
    There is no real answer to your question, it really depends on "you" and what you want to do. I have used only Facebook to some degree of success, and not because anyone told me what to do. Look at the tools, look at your needs, then decide.
    I just want to spend my time working on the social media websites that give me the best chances of success.

What tools are you talking about? Do you have some examples of what the tools are?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    HI it will be better if you stick to the famous nes in the initial stage, Get a feel of it. Let what works on those social medias. For example, the message you nee dto send across Facebook should be Caual in nature, LinkedIn has to be profesional(which means - Cut to the chase, no blaggering), Try putting short messages on twitter an dalways make sure that you will use the wright tag and will try to stimulate discussions by proper invitation. Initially focus on these 3 and lateron diversify to other social channels also.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    If I want to market my blog posts and affiliate products then is is a good idea to use all the social media websites or stick to just a couple of the better ones?
    Yes, but gradually. One at a time.

Don't try to master them all at once or you'll become overwhelmed (my own experience). I don't know what your blog is about and what products you sell, but I assume starting with Facebook is pretty safe. If you've got a lot of likes on your Facebook Fanspage and the audience is engaging, it's easier to build audience on any other social media sites you're about to use.

Just my 2 cents

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It will really help if you can utilize all that appear significant. But I suggest that you focus on the mainstream like Facebook and Twitter.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks

And it depends on your niche/audience. If it's visual, pushing pinterest might be best.
    Totaly agree, there are just a hand social network worth use it and if you are going to a specilized or micro niche there are less ussfull.
    For my esperience Twitter is the most powerfull and multiform. Just give all a try and if you find ussless stop posting on it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Thanks
    Heck no. I think you should ONLY focus on the ones where your target audience is. If your audience is mostly visual people, then your primary focus should be PInterest. If they're business professionals, then LinkedIn would be the best play.

If you try to target all at once you're limiting your chances of really dominating the one you're target audience frequents. That's the "be everywhere" syndrome. It may seem like a good idea but stick with the ones that work best for you first.

That's my thinking.

I agree with you here, Ron. I like your idea of tracking the buttons that get clicked because that's a major indicator of what social site is more popular with your particular audience.
    Last edited by ulterios; 02-24-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    I would suggest that first study the target audiences of your blog. This will help you in choosing the best social media websites to market your blog posts. The most popular ones are Facebook, Twitter, Google plus. Use any number of social media websites, but I suggest these ones must be included in your list of priority.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nishantoommen View Post
    HI it will be better if you stick to the famous nes in the initial stage, Get a feel of it.
    That's what I am going to try to do. I really don't have a lot of experience with the social media sites so I don't always know exactly what I should do.

Quote Originally Posted by nishantoommen View Post
    the message you nee dto send across Facebook should be Caual in nature, LinkedIn has to be profesional, Try putting short messages on twitter an dalways make sure that you will use the wright tag and will try to stimulate discussions by proper invitation.
    How do I know what the right tags are?

Quote Originally Posted by datamaya View Post
    Don't try to master them all at once or you'll become overwhelmed (my own experience). I don't know what your blog is about and what products you sell, but I assume starting with Facebook is pretty safe. If you've got a lot of likes on your Facebook Fanspage and the audience is engaging, it's easier to build audience on any other social media sites you're about to use.
    I don't have a lot of likes on Facebook yet, how do I get them?

Quote Originally Posted by kim16 View Post
    I suggest that you focus on the mainstream like Facebook and Twitter.
    Why should I focus on the mainstream social sites? Is it because more people know and use them?

Quote Originally Posted by contentranked View Post
    If you try to target all at once you're limiting your chances of really dominating the one you're target audience frequents. That's the "be everywhere" syndrome.
    Then it's better to find what you think your best chance of success is and just really work that one the most?

Quote Originally Posted by garakelim View Post
    The most popular ones are Facebook, Twitter, Google plus. Use any number of social media websites, but I suggest these ones must be included in your list of priority.
    These are the ones I was thinking about the most. Would it be better to just stay with these until I get more comfortable with using social media?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Thanks

I don't have a lot of likes on Facebook yet, how do I get them?
    - Start inviting your close friends and family
    - Use Facebook Ads
    - Guest blogging and share your Fanspage account
    - Put your Facebook Fanspage URL on your email signature

I hope those ideas help

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0
    Thanks
    If you have a time then join all otherwise If you can't give enough time then chose some selected Social media only because of It will be better.

But for SEO, If you will chose all Social Media then your site will ranking will be increased.

I mean there is thousands of Social Media sites or maybe Millions.

Newer Threads

1. Polymath
    iamsubhra88
    Replies: 17 | Views: 2358
    Last post by iamsubhra88, 10-20-2017, 07:40 AM
  2. Zack
    Ava Sagel
    Replies: 23 | Views: 3319
    Last post by Ava Sagel, 04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
  3. RobbieLittle
    SethTurin
    Replies: 10 | Views: 1717