• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks

How do you currently promote offers?

I'm trying to figure out what some of the better ways are to promote your offers. I have tried a little bit of social media promotion but I haven't had a lot of success. Here are a couple of quick questions for you experts.

Are there things that someone new should avoid?

All help will be appreciated.

Jen

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 171/3
    Given: 90/1
    Thanks
    Well it is depend on individual basis. Everybody have its own tactics or strategy to promote their offers. For me blogging is a great way to promote offers online. I usually write a review page for the product and promote it with the links. It helps me to educate my readers about the offers and help them to made a wise decision.
    Internet Marketing Blog:- www.imbloggingtips.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 9/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what some of the better ways are to promote your offers. I have tried a little bit of social media promotion but I haven't had a lot of success. Here are a couple of quick questions for you experts.

I am promoting ebooks and Wordpress themes from many companies on the internet.
    and I am earning good from these sources, but it also depends on my website traffic. If traffic is slow, I get no sale.

Jen
    You need to check their company profile and products, make sure that we are quality products and consumers are needing.
    If you have enough conditions then you will succeed with what you are offering.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vishwa View Post
    I usually write a review page for the product and promote it with the links.
    Do reviews usually convert to sales pretty well?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGeorge View Post
    You need to check their company profile and products, make sure that we are quality products and consumers are needing.
    So then quality is the most important factor?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 338/7
    Given: 62/9
    Thanks
    Avoid being too promotional. I just see SO many people on social media promote, promote, promote. All they do is promote. Won't get you far that is for sure.

Another great way is to build a list. But here again you can't over promote. And you have to be committed 100%. Having a good list and working it right, "can" be like traffic and sales on demand.

Other way is to buy traffic. But you money to get started to find campaigns that convert to a positive ROI. Can be a way to lose money quickly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Killian For This Useful Post:
    Jen (01-25-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Killian View Post
    Another great way is to build a list. But here again you can't over promote. And you have to be committed 100%. Having a good list and working it right, "can" be like traffic and sales on demand.
    Thank you Ron. So then what's the best way to build a good list?

I see them for sale but I assume that those are junk.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Thank you Ron. So then what's the best way to build a good list?

I see them for sale but I assume that those are junk.
    Best way is to build it yourself. Ya, buying lists can be risky and a good way to throw your money out the window.

Bare bones is a squeeze page with good copy and some kind of bribe, like a free report or video. They need to give up their email address to get the prize. Trick is to always be tracking your squeeze page conversion rates so you can continually improve it and get more from your traffic. Few marketers track and tweak.

You could also use pop-ups or side bar optin forms. Welcome mats, ect.

Another way is to build a buyers list. Sell a product(s), usually low cost and every one on those list are proven spenders. That kind of list "can" be profitable.

Either way you build it you should also have a sales funnel, such as an offer after optin, like an upsell or even ads on the download page. They trusted you enough to give you their email address, so they are more likely to buy. You could make some one while building a list. Or cover some of the costs if you buy traffic.

But, you have to be committed to your list. You can't send email's once in a great while. That won't work. The list will become unresponsive. You need to email them on a regular basis, least a couple times a week, or more. Don't email them enough and they will forget about you or who you are. Don't email them enough they stop opening your emails, or your emails start going into their spam/trash folder never to be seen.

Just my thoughts

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    But, you have to be committed to your list. You can't send email's once in a great while. That won't work. The list will become unresponsive. You need to email them on a regular basis, least a couple times a week, or more. Don't email them enough and they will forget about you or who you are. Don't email them enough they stop opening your emails, or your emails start going into their spam/trash folder never to be seen.
    To find the right email frequency do I just start out and do some testing and keep track of all aspects or is there a generally good starting point for email lists?

Thanks Ron.

Jen

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    To find the right email frequency do I just start out and do some testing and keep track of all aspects or is there a generally good starting point for email lists?

Thanks Ron.

Jen
    Yes testing and tracking would be the best way. And I think it's more about what you feel comfortable with. If you don't like mailing every day, then that frequency might not be the best for you. Can depend on your market too.

I personally like to mail about every other day. Most of my emails are follow up, so setting the frequency is easy.

The whole keys is to mail enough that they remember you, so they don't forget your name. So they keep opening your emails.

It can be an art.

But I am not claiming to be a email marketing expert

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes testing and tracking would be the best way. And I think it's more about what you feel comfortable with. If you don't like mailing every day, then that frequency might not be the best for you. Can depend on your market too.

I personally like to mail about every other day. Most of my emails are follow up, so setting the frequency is easy.

The whole keys is to mail enough that they remember you, so they don't forget your name. So they keep opening your emails.

It can be an art.

But I am not claiming to be a email marketing expert
    Thanks a lot Ron, this information is quite helpful for me. I'm just learning so much in a short period of time that it can be overwhelming at times. I have a long way to go still but I am getting there. Thanks for all you are sharing with me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    No offense, but this post might be helpful:

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/16079-Just-do-something-already!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    No offense at all. I am just learning and every bit helps. Thanks Ron.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks

Jen
    Promoting offers can be a little tricky depending on the type of niche you're trying to sell. Like yourself, I've also experimented with the basics of generating leads through social media. It's been somewhat successful but hasn't been the main source of my affiliate volume. Honestly, the best way I've promoted offers without having to pay for web traffic is participating in online blogs/forums. Posting quality articles of information from my own knowledge and experience people may find useful. This creates a sense of trust and reliability with your readers whenever they see an article by you. Which makes it easier to promote certain offers you know have a befitting niche. I also suggest getting your links/offers out there, but not spamming. Stay consistent with it, but post more of quality than quantity.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Well for me youtube traffic works good but its very competitive and i must work hard for my traffic .I start to build an email list as its the best for affiliate marketing

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    Currently, I'm promoting two main type offers. One is basically freelance writing affiliate promotion. Directing new writers to clients that seek freelancers for their website as content writers. Earning a percentage of all the work they've done for a life time. I've actually created a blog for this niche I've yet to fully publish. But it's worth the investment of time and energy considering the leads I could generate. The second niche is a travel blog. It's also tied with an affiliate program too! In this case, it's discounted flights. I don't run this website, nor am I associated with the airline offering the discount. But I do get paid per published article regarding travel guides and reviews. Mixed with the product itself. To be honest, I could step up my means of promoting the current campaigns I have. It's just I'm so caught up in my current work of producing quality content, I struggle to find the time to allocate towards affiliation.

Newer Threads

1. Jen
    olaryeankarh
    Replies: 7 | Views: 807
    Last post by olaryeankarh, 08-04-2017, 07:53 AM
  2. Jen
    thewealthybum
    Replies: 29 | Views: 1981
    Last post by thewealthybum, 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM
  3. Jen
    Jen
    Replies: 8 | Views: 934