Clickbank vs Amazon, which is best for earnings?

Jen

I'm looking for information on several affiliate marketing programs and networks and have seen a lot of talk and information on Clickbank and Amazon and their affiliate programs. I'm pretty new to affiliate marketing and want to use my time wisely for my marketing efforts.

So I am wondering which affiliate program is best for affiliate earnings. In your opinions of Clickbank vs Amazon, which is best for earnings?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jen :D

skullofskill

Hey Jen.. Amazon has the people's trust when it comes to shopping, and they up-sell good. :dancing2:
Clickbank has higher commission rates. Sorry Amazon, not even close! :sad_no:

But never let commission rates fool you. Especially when it comes to the super high loyalty rate Amazon carries. If somebody goes to Amazon thru your affiliate link for an item you promote, don't be surprised if the shopper buys items you don't promote. It's nothing rare to see shoppers buy an item you're promoting, Amazon up-sells them at the check-out, and now you're getting more commission than your expected because Amazon up-sells like a pro! :alego:

Clickbank is nice because of the 60 day cookies, compared to the short 24 hour time-frame Amazon gives to make a sale for the commission. Sometimes it takes more than 24 hours for people to make a buying decision. Come on Amazon. :chair:

Clickbank carries digital training courses, and/or tutorials mostly, but they carry a lot of popular stuff to sell, and you can get statistics about the sales history, popularity, how many affiliates have made recent sales, etc.., from the products.

Both are great programs, what type of website do you have? If your website is more product orientated, go with Amazon! If your website is based around information and knowledge, go with the Clickbank's informational products. See if you can find a way to promote both!

Hope that helps!

Ron Killian

It's not really a comparison. They are two different types of products. As skull said Clickbank is digital products and Amazon is physical products (for the most part).

Questions like this get asked all the time. And it depends. Depends on the marketer. One could make good money with either. Really impossible to answer or give a good enough answer.

Plus, Clickbank and Amazon are not the only game in town. Well, sure you know that. Couple good places for digital products are JVzoo and Warrior+. And both can pay out much faster once you build your reputation.

Or sell your own products. Instant payment and you get all the profits.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Jen
Thanks again Ron. Which of these two would you recommend for someone that is not a veteran in the internet marketing field?

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
Either one is good really. If I had to pick I would probably go with JVzoo. Only because it seems like they are always improving their system. Plus it "seems" more products are getting added there compared to Warrior+. W+ just seems to be at a stand still, it's a good system but haven't seen any improvements. Plus they do not have the relationship with the WF like they use to.

Just my opinions. :)

Momovi

I think clickbank is for the digital product and amazon is for physical products. In my opinion I like promoting clickbank products than amazon.

Jen

Either one is good really. If I had to pick I would probably go with JVzoo. Only because it seems like they are always improving their system. Plus it "seems" more products are getting added there compared to Warrior+. W+ just seems to be at a stand still, it's a good system but haven't seen any improvements. Plus they do not have the relationship with the WF like they use to.
Ok then JVzoo it is. Are there certain types of products that usually convert well or does that just depend on who you are marketing them to?

I think clickbank is for the digital product and amazon is for physical products. In my opinion I like promoting clickbank products than amazon.
Why do you like Clickbank better? Is it because they sell better or that the commission amounts are better?

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
What converts or doesn't convert depends on the product, or the sales page. And with that platform you can see the conversion rates for each product, unless it's brand new. So it's more per product not certain products.

And obviously, market to the right audience you should see better conversions.

Most of the products there are IM or MMO, so that will be the selection.

vishwa

Clickbank is a greater Marketerplace for digital products while Amazon is a giant shopping site. Amazon pays very little Commission for their products expect few categories like technology where they pay upto 10%. While Clickbank have high gravity products with good commission rates. According to me Amazon works great to tech related blog or website. Otherwise you can go with Clickbank. Hope this will help you.

Jen

What converts or doesn't convert depends on the product, or the sales page. And with that platform you can see the conversion rates for each product, unless it's brand new. So it's more per product not certain products.
Is it better to go for products that have to do with the niche of a blog if they will be marketed on that blog or just products that are known to be good sellers?

Clickbank is a greater Marketerplace for digital products while Amazon is a giant shopping site. Amazon pays very little Commission for their products expect few categories like technology where they pay upto 10%. While Clickbank have high gravity products with good commission rates. According to me Amazon works great to tech related blog or website. Otherwise you can go with Clickbank. Hope this will help you.
Is it just Amazon has has low commissions for physical products or is that what they usually are for physical products?

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
If you are going for the blogging niche or making money with blogging, ect, than yes. But using a blog does not mean you have to have those type of products or services. A blog can just be a vehicle to draw in traffic and get them to click links and ads on the blog. A blog could be about ANYTHING.

Saying Amazon pays small commissions is not quite correct. They pay a small percentage of sales. If you promote low priced products you get low commissions. Promote high ticket items you get big commissions.

Jen

Jen
Would technology products like computers, tablets and things of that nature be better then? Since they have some higher prices that would be ok with the lower percentages I guess.

Ron Killian

That would be one way to go. Although, that would be a very competitive niche, so many people selling electronics. Not just amazon, but the other big competition like Best Buy, Walmart, Dell, ect. Not saying there is not money there, just seems it "might" be tough to grab a piece of that pie.

One other thing, commission rates can vary per category on Amazon, something to think about. To take in to consideration. Though don't want to give to much to think about.

The trick is to find high ticket, even real high ticket items that don't seem to have as much competition. Not that they are easy to find. But you can order by price on Amazon. An idea.

Really just comes down to poking around Amazon. No easy way that I know of.

Look around you in the real world, be observant.

davebusiness86s

Amazon is a big market and has their reputation. Their commision is lower than Clickbank but on the hand, their products usually cost higher and easier to sell than products on Clickbank. And Amazon sells everything while Clickbank sells digital products. However to be approved by Amazon is not an easy thing though, I never try Clickbank but I think you don't have to be approved to be an affiliate

Jen

One other thing, commission rates can vary per category on Amazon, something to think about. To take in to consideration.
Would it be best to pick the categories that have higher commission rates or just worry about what is going to sell more?

The trick is to find high ticket, even real high ticket items that don't seem to have as much competition. Not that they are easy to find. But you can order by price on Amazon. An idea.
That's a good idea. So just look in Amazon and whatever sells for the higher prices then go for those? Do you think it might be better to try to promote higher priced items and even though you will sell less of them the profits will be more and worth it?

However to be approved by Amazon is not an easy thing though, I never try Clickbank but I think you don't have to be approved to be an affiliate
Since you say it's easier to get approved by Clickbank then maybe I should just go with them at first and then apply for Amazon later?

kb24

Most people who start with affiliate marketing start with clickbank. Stick with one network first. Amazon is the better reputable company but I have heard if you don't make sales amazon will send you a notice that they can shut your account..

Jen

Jen
I was reading the Amazon affiliate agreement and it said that your account will be closed if you don't get any sales for 6 months I think.

Does Clickbank have a similar condition for inactive accounts?

kb24

No but read their TOS if you just signed up with them you need to make sales with different CC (mastercard, Paypal, Discover) until you do they will hold your earnings.. If you have sales and your account is inactive they will start to deduct your earnings.. (expierence) There are other affiliate networks better than clickbank. If you are just getting started with affiliate marketing find a mentor.

Jen

If you have sales and your account is inactive they will start to deduct your earnings.
Even though they already got the money from the advertiser they will still take the money from the affiliate?

There are other affiliate networks better than clickbank.
I do not know of many of them. Are there some that you would recommend for someone who is fairly new to affiliate marketing?

kb24

Yes if you have money In their they will start to deduct because you didn't meet their requirments for payment. Read their TOS.. Are you looking for a place where you can learn how to make money online? Or are you just looking for affiliate programs?

Clickbank
Moreniche
Sellhealth
Sharea sale

their are CPA networks as well like peerfly and maxbounty

Jen

Jen
Basically both actually. I am still learning about what are the best ways to make money online and have much to learn. Do you have any suggestions for any?

I am also looking for good affiliate programs that work well for novice internet marketers.

kb24

Hi Jen can I have your e-mail address? I think I may know of a site that may help you out. I did the same exact thing you are doing when I first started out trying to figure it out on my own and I got knowhere. I would post here but I don't think I'm allowed..

alan watts

Long term, you want to use Amazon. For churn and burning and fooling the dumb people everywhere, clickbank.

enstinemuki

I'm looking for information on several affiliate marketing programs and networks and have seen a lot of talk and information on Clickbank and Amazon and their affiliate programs. I'm pretty new to affiliate marketing and want to use my time wisely for my marketing efforts.

So I am wondering which affiliate program is best for affiliate earnings. In your opinions of Clickbank vs Amazon, which is best for earnings?

Any help will be appreciated.

Hey Jen,
I read through some of the comments above and I think you have enough materials to make your decision. What's amazing with amazon is that your affiliate link gives you commissions even on other products you didn't promote. when you drive traffic to product A, your prospects may navigate to other products (you didn't promote) and you still get credited if a sale is made

RenderedElite

Going to keep this simple. I don't like ClickBank, and 90% of the products on CB are junk. I know a few people who sell CB products and I have heard that many customers try to get refunds.

Amazon is trusted. Amazon is better for earnings. Unless you have a popular site with lots of monthly viewers, you will want to promote more expensive products if possible.

mikeandy01

To be honest amazon and clickbank though both affiliate platforms are two different beasts in my experience, clickbank i use for digital products where as amazon i use for physical products(sometimes digital as well with certain niches and products)...

But if i was you i wouldnt look at it as clickbank vs amazon but instead i would utilize and test both platforms with several niches "overtime" i stress overtime because you dont want to burn yourself out with having too much going on at the same time so try to focus on testing/promoting a product from each platform and scale-up when you see a winner on either, if not cut your losses and on to the next :rasta:

Protip: if you do use clickbank try to target products in the 5%-30% gravity as you will find alot of gems that havent been promoted to death and are actually decent products with nice payouts!:)

Last edited:

hynds

I see that there're many people using Amazon much more than Clickbank. It's easy to understand because Amazon is now the world's largest affiliate network, products selling on them are truth and quality. Products on Clickbank are junk and sometime they're very low quality, the refund rate is high. So I would suggest you choose Amazon first :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.