Google not indexing m.version of website

hbailey

Hi

I am in need of some help!!!!

I have a m.version of my website and in the serp for mobile google has indexed the homepage of the site which is great; when you type the correct url of a page of the site such as m.skisolutions.com/ski-weekends it shows it correctly, however when you search through a keyword in the serp it will bring up the listing and google has indexed a 404. We have sitemap for mobile and the correct robots txt submitted.

The site was similar to a SPA with dynamic javascript so we have cached all the site onto prerender so there is an html server side to allow for any problems.
We previously had errors on the pages which have all been fixed and i have submitted these to google and fetch and rendered. But it still came back with only the homepage indexed.
Below is what we think has happened but we don't know how to get it corrected.

- since we provide canonical link, google is not indexing mobile sides, but knows to use the index from desktop site instead
- at some point, the mobile crawler to desktop/ski-weekends was redirected to 404, and as a result indexed 404 page for the keywords and index of this site for mobile purposes
- therefore it is crucial to tell google index that desktop/ski-weekends alternate was now fixed, so it can reindex it for mobile purposes. Based on the observation that currently mobile pages are not in index, I would assume that google skips them because they are already in index as mobile equivalents of the desktop site (which is good, since desktop reputation gets mobile results high up, but bad because of the 404 being indexed instead of mobile/ski-weekends)

Any help would be really appreciated.
Hannah

CyberAlchemist

Do you link to your mobile version on your desktop version on your website?
Do you try to ping m.version of your website in Google webmaster tool and see any errors?
Do you check robots.txt of your mobile version in Google webmaster tool and confirm that it has no error?
Have you ever tried to submit sitmap.xml of your mobile version to Google?

Answer some questions can help solve your problem why Google didn't index mobile version of your websites.

hbailey

Hi

No desktop version has the correct desktop version
m. version has its own webmaster tools and has no errors
robots is correct and no errors
mobile sitemap is submitted and showing all the correct pages but not indexing them

hbailey

Thanks we can view the pages but in the serp if you searched for the keyword ski weekends in will appear in the listings as a 404

hbailey

So essentially not have a 404 while were trying to correct the problem because the 404 is pulling through a 200 status

hbailey

Ahh i get you now thank you so much

Hi do i want to

temporary remove from index and cache
remove from cache only
temporary hide from directory

hbailey

Sorry just one more question,

If you search for ski weekends the meta titles, descriptions are correct but the url in /404. If I hide no index the 404 will it then crawl and link the correct url?

Thanks we already have the correct canonicalization and relevant redirects following google best practices in place. Creating a responsive template isnt an option at the moment.

hbailey

Thanks we know we need a responsive site but its not a possibility at the moment.

The site has over 2000 pages and only 70 indexed and it only shows the urls to be 404 and if i remove the 404 from the index i loose all the pages in the serp and as only 70 have been correctly indexed I have no listings in the serp. Im totally baffled as what to do now!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.