Don't Overlook These Things in SEO

Sam

If SEO is really a matter for you to get traffic from search engines, don't overlook about adding a description on your images and be careful in 301 redirect canonicalization. There used to be a website of mine which had been earning 2300 visitors daily since 2009 to 2011. But, after changing the template, I had mistaken in doing 301 redirect canonicalization which was resulting in loss of thousands traffic. I have observed so many webmasters were only 301 redirect the "home" www or non-www version to the vice versa. So do the HTTP and the https version. They overlooked the other pages which were not 301 redirects properly. Google will consider the other pages as duplicated content and get kicked to the Google sandbox. So, you should 301 redirect the whole pages of your website or blog.

Besides that, adding a description to your images would boost your site's online presence on the SERP. If you carefully read the guidance from Google Webmaster Tools, Google recommends you to add description and Alt tag to your images in order Google knows how to index and rank your image for a given keyword. Let's imagine if you have averagely 3 images on one post, this method would improve your SERP presence 4 times. How do you think? Please make some comments, critics or questions. Let's discuss this topic. May this helpful.

pathfinder

I had mistaken in doing 301 redirect canonicalization which was resulting in loss of thousands traffic.
Please clarify what techniques did you use in this case which causes you lost more traffic?
Can you share an example?, I would avoid doing it for my sites.

I have observed so many webmasters were only 301 redirect the "home" www or non-www version to the vice versa. So do the HTTP and the https version. They overlooked the other pages which were not 301 redirects properly. Google will consider the other pages as duplicated content and get kicked to the Google sandbox. So, you should 301 redirect the whole pages of your website or blog.
You want to say that it doesn't need to add https version, 301 redirections to website or have to do them completely if no, they can hurt our site rankings?

Besides that, adding a description to your images would boost your site's online presence on the SERP. If you carefully read the guidance from Google Webmaster Tools, Google recommends you to add description and Alt tag to your images in order Google know how to index and rank your image for a given keyword. Let's imagine if you have averagely 3 images on one post, this method would improve your SERP presence 4 times. How do you think? Please make some comments, critics or questions. Let's discuss this topic. May this helpful.
What is the difference between a description and a Alt tag for an image? I don't really understand what image description is and where to put it.

watto

I thought 301 redirect and canonicalisation were separate things?

tyggis

Besides that, adding a description to your images would boost your site's online presence on the SERP. If you carefully read the guidance from Google Webmaster Tools, Google recommends you to add description and Alt tag to your images in order Google knows how to index and rank your image for a given keyword. Let's imagine if you have averagely 3 images on one post, this method would improve your SERP presence 4 times. How do you think? Please make some comments, critics or questions. Let's discuss this topic. May this helpful.
Are there some numbers present that shows how much visitors sites gets from Google image searches serp vs. Google normal serp?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views