Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

How does my site look? Please, some inputs!

  • HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Results 1 to 23 of 23
    Stick this thread
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question How does my site look? Please, some inputs!

    Hi guys, I have been running my new site. It's a site where people can read topics related to some fields of skills, and can their skills too. The domain is Skillonpage.com - Acquiring Skills Made personal. How do you think about the domain and the slogan. Is it good? Please give rate to the slogan from the range of 1 - 10.

    Please, webmasters here make some assessments related to the script, design, loading, and other aspects. I would like to know from you. Thank you in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 13/0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Lightbulb

    Looks very proffessional. But..
    I don't like the logo at all.
    The yellow doesn't fit with the orange and black, and I don't see it show up anywhere else in the website.
    So if you aks me I'd say ditch the yellow and go with orange black only.

    Maybe something like SkillONPage (maybe make the O a powerbutton)

    Just my opinion, the rest of the website looks really good


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    18
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all the site is using the sahifa theme which is good it has good options to monetize site and also it helps in quick SEO the design is really good.

    The Logo However needs some color modification


    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe something like[SIZE=4] [FONT=trebuchet ms]SkillONPage[SIZE=3][SIZE=2] (maybe make the O a powerbutton)


    Hi Enrick, thank you for your helpful input. Yes, I'm considering to change the logo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Web Expert View Post
    First of all the site is using the sahifa theme which is good it has good options to monetize site and also it helps in quick SEO the design is really good.
    Thank you for the review. By the way, the name of my template is not Safira actually.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmmm, yeah. I'm not a fan of the logo either, primarily the yellow text in "on" - very hard to read that.

    Also, the slogan has a typo. "Acqiring" should be "Acquiring". Even if you fix that, I'm not sure what "Acquiring Skill Made Personal" even means

    The design itself looks pretty good, in general.

    I'd consider changing the background color on the left and right of the pages to something that fits the main content better.

    On the about page, remove the bullet points that are left aligned on the page.

    Change the "Share your skill" button at the top of the page open in the current window instead of a new window.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 51/0
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Your site looks good, but It is hard to read on on your logo, it should be a dark yellow.

    All your articles are written by you?

    What purposes have you build this site for?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 182/3
    Given: 96/1
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 79 Times in 72 Posts
    Your website looks good to me. You really have to work on your logo. I like your site content. But as I can see that you are covering multiple categories in your blog. It will be better if you work on a single niche which will help you get targeted audience and hence increase conversions. However you are able to manage multiple niche than it should be not a problem for you. Its just my thought I will give your slogan 5 out of 10.
    Imbloggingtips- Internet Marketing Blog.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vishwa View Post
    Your website looks good to me. You really have to work on your logo. I like your site content. But as I can see that you are covering multiple categories in your blog. It will be better if you work on a single niche which will help you get targeted audience and hence increase conversions. However you are able to manage multiple niche than it should be not a problem for you. Its just my thought I will give your slogan 5 out of 10.
    Yes, I agree with you. Thank you for your suggestions! I think I would change my logo and slogan. Any suggestion for a good slogan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devin Holdcraft View Post
    Your site looks good, but It is hard to read on on your logo, it should be a dark yellow.

    All your articles are written by you?

    What purposes have you build this site for?
    Thank you for your suggestion. Seems all said the same about the "on". Yes, recently all of the articles are written by me. On of the purposes is to encourage others to contribute to my site as authors, in which they will be benefited of a dofollow backlinks. If you are willing to share your skills, you can join my site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    In Transit
    Posts
    20
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The site is aesthetically very pleasing, but I agree that the yellow is too bright.
    Personally, I prefer designs that take the full width of the screen, I just don't like losing space on large screens.
    But this is just my personal preference, and I think some boxed sites (as yours) can look very good, too.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    110
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Agree to those above. The logo should be redesigned, "ON" color doesn't look outstanding.
    Aside of that, I think everything is great. Can I ask how many site you have created before this? The site looks amazing
    You write all of the articles? I just read a few so no comment on your writing skill but writing all by yourself is respectful. Good luck with your site

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vishwa View Post
    Your website looks good to me. You really have to work on your logo. I like your site content. But as I can see that you are covering multiple categories in your blog. It will be better if you work on a single niche which will help you get targeted audience and hence increase conversions. However you are able to manage multiple niche than it should be not a problem for you. Its just my thought I will give your slogan 5 out of 10.
    I've changed my logo and slogan. Is it better now? Now, the slogan score should be more than 5 from you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    109
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 44/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Looks good. I see your using Wordpress and have minimized using plugins, which is great. Your website seems to load faster enough. SEO looks good too as I see you're using the Yoast SEO plugin, I always recommend using this. I see your page speed when I did a test is 3.22 secs, with is reasonably good considering a lot of other websites out there and for a Wordpress website. Also, another thing I noticed is that resources with a "?" in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL. For example:

    https://i0.wp.com/skillonpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/career-in-finance.jpg?resize=303%2C178

    Another thing I personal didn't like, the logo. To old school, meaning you should keep it flat and simple, straight to the point. Remove the slogan, it's not needed. The current slogan can hardly be read, and anyone with glasses would find it difficult to read it.

    Other than that, the overall site I like. Great information and I think people should find it interesting.

    I hope this has helped.
    Last edited by daniel27lt; 02-26-2017 at 03:36 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to daniel27lt For This Useful Post:
    Sam (02-25-2017)

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @daniel27lt Thank you, Daniel! I think there are a lot of things I got from your review. As you said, I need to change the small banner or the site name image of my site. Changing the design would be the second time before yoru recommendation. After reading all of my site's reviews here, I think our site's logo is a very vital thing that we need to consider.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    109
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 44/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    @daniel27lt Thank you, Daniel! I think there are a lot of things I got from your review. As you said, I need to change the small banner or the site name image of my site. Changing the design would be the second time before yoru recommendation. After reading all of my site's reviews here, I think our site's logo is a very vital thing that we need to consider.
    I'm glad to of helped. Yes, the logo is a very vital thing for any business or websites. As humans, we tend to visualize things more, and having something that has caught your visitor's attention, will be even better than words (Sometimes).

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel27lt View Post
    Also, another thing I noticed is that resources with a "?" in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL. For example:

    https://i0.wp.com/skillonpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/career-in-finance.jpg?resize=303%2C178

    For sure, I've never thought about this issue before. It's an important thing that I need to take into account. Now I'm working on it. After finding out more about such string, now I know why I should remove such string from my site. But the problem is, I haven't found a plugin to remove certain strings on in my blog's code. Using a plugin to do so would be helpful instead of removing it manually. Because I have no idea how to remove it manually without changing my site's appearance.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, I agree with Daniel. Sam, you website seems good. It loads fast and looks good. I run your website in website grader, based on the analysis the website performance score is 87/100. You need to work on your page requests and found some problem with your headings.

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nishantoommen View Post
    Hi, I agree with Daniel. Sam, you website seems good. It loads fast and looks good. I run your website in website grader, based on the analysis the website performance score is 87/100. You need to work on your page requests and found some problem with your headings.
    Thank you for your help. Could you tell me what are the problems?

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    109
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 44/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    For sure, I've never thought about this issue before. It's an important thing that I need to take into account. Now I'm working on it. After finding out more about such string, now I know why I should remove such string from my site. But the problem is, I haven't found a plugin to remove certain strings on in my blog's code. Using a plugin to do so would be helpful instead of removing it manually. Because I have no idea how to remove it manually without changing my site's appearance.
    What you need to do is add the following code inside the PHP tags of your themes function.php file:

    Code:
    function _remove_script_version( $src ){
    	$parts = explode( '?ver', $src );
            return $parts[0];
    }
    add_filter( 'script_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
    add_filter( 'style_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
    This should remove it straight away. Clear your browsers cache and check. Once you have done this check your CSS and JS files, and you should see no more query strings.

    There is also a plugin, but it's always best to try not to use a plugin when possible. This is the one I recommend:

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-query-strings-from-static-resources/

    Let me know here if it worked for you.

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel27lt View Post
    What you need to do is add the following code inside the PHP tags of your themes function.php file:

    Code:
    function _remove_script_version( $src ){
    	$parts = explode( '?ver', $src );
            return $parts[0];
    }
    add_filter( 'script_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
    add_filter( 'style_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
    It seems the code doesn't work for my theme. But I've removed the string using a plugin. I don't know why the code above won't work. Thanks, by the way!

    Quote Originally Posted by EnricTellez View Post

    Maybe something like[SIZE=4] [FONT=trebuchet ms]SkillONPage[SIZE=3][SIZE=2] (maybe make the O a powerbutton)
    I have changed the logo. But needs more improvement I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    27
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there,

    Overall the site looks clean and full of interesting content. Few minor things

    - There has been a lot of talks about the logo and I totally agree, it looks really unprofessional.
    - I would also remove the sidebar from the homepage - it takes a lot of space and there is not much information.
    - Year in the footer says 2016.

    Cheers.

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    151
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 44/1
    Given: 38/0
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Hey!

    I've checked out your website and first of all, I have to say that you have really nice and quality content. It seems like you have a bit of everything and that's great. I like that it's pretty easy to find what specifically you're looking for.

    The logo... I don't know how it was before but I don't really like it how it is. It looks weird, old and wooden? I suppose that's the effect used. Why aren't you just using the logo that I see you use on your social media profiles? The colorful one. I like that one way more.

    Also at the bottom of the page, on the right side there's just ''Loading'' for me, so maybe some error in the code.

    Otherwise great work.

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/2
    Given: 17/4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post

    The logo... I don't know how it was before but I don't really like it how it is. It looks weird, old and wooden? I suppose that's the effect used. Why aren't you just using the logo that I see you use on your social media profiles? The colorful one. I like that one way more.
    Hello! Thank you, for your review. Yes, I agree with you with the old logo style. I once thought to change it, but still no time . Now, I think I am going to change it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post

    Also at the bottom of the page, on the right side there's just ''Loading'' for me, so maybe some error in the code.

    Otherwise great work.
    Seems working pretty well and fast on my browser. What browser did you use? Maybe you use an ad blocker on your browser. It's a space for ads.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomasJ View Post
    Hi there,

    Overall the site looks clean and full of interesting content. Few minor things

    - There has been a lot of talks about the logo and I totally agree, it looks really unprofessional.
    - I would also remove the sidebar from the homepage - it takes a lot of space and there is not much information.
    - Year in the footer says 2016.

    Cheers.
    Thank you, brother! Your inputs are really meaningful to me!

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Sam!

    Your website looks very professional and I like the colors used on the website. The logo is okay from my point of view and I also asked my partner sitting beside me and she said that the logo is okay. We are checking the contents and reading 6 Factors Why Your Email Marketing Strategy Is Not Effective. We love it! Just keep on doing what you're doing

Newer Threads

  1. Mick M
    BSEEram
    Replies: 7 | Views: 1366
    Last post by BSEEram, 09-24-2017, 07:20 AM
  2. Mick M
    Hey guys?
    By Mick M in forum New Member Introductions
    Mick M
    Replies: 13 | Views: 702
    Last post by Mick M, 01-25-2017, 05:27 PM
  3. pathfinder
    pathfinder
    Replies: 0 | Views: 391
    Last post by pathfinder, 01-25-2017, 05:10 AM
  4. ORLOVA
    nishantoommen
    Replies: 10 | Views: 1014
    Last post by nishantoommen, 02-04-2017, 05:08 AM

Older Threads

  1. Sam
    hynds
    Replies: 6 | Views: 708
    Last post by hynds, 02-07-2017, 02:07 PM
  2. hbailey
    SEOPub
    Replies: 15 | Views: 1031
    Last post by SEOPub, 01-26-2017, 01:20 PM
  3. Jen
    Jen
    Replies: 8 | Views: 1056
    Last post by Jen, 02-10-2017, 12:12 AM
  4. Jen
    thewealthybum
    Replies: 29 | Views: 2294
    Last post by thewealthybum, 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM
  5. Jen
    olaryeankarh
    Replies: 7 | Views: 897
    Last post by olaryeankarh, 08-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Latest Threads

  1. digember
    ulterios
    Replies: 3 | Views: 20
    Last post by ulterios, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
  2. Nejii
    Rob Whisonant
    Replies: 2 | Views: 33
    Last post by Rob Whisonant, Yesterday, 08:35 AM
  3. harrygreen90
    harrygreen90
    Replies: 0 | Views: 20
    Last post by harrygreen90, Yesterday, 04:07 AM
  4. Nemanja
    Nemanja
    Replies: 0 | Views: 18
    Last post by Nemanja, Yesterday, 04:03 AM
  5. Nemanja
    Nemanja
    Replies: 0 | Views: 24
    Last post by Nemanja, Yesterday, 04:01 AM

Similar Threads

  1. trustdnb
    PTTed
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1156
    Last post by PTTed, 03-10-2016, 12:33 PM
  2. agungwah
    ev3v4hn
    Replies: 5 | Views: 2382
    Last post by ev3v4hn, 11-16-2015, 05:38 PM
  3. McCauley
    PluginForage
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1113
    Last post by PluginForage, 07-26-2015, 09:12 AM
  4. Holly Nicole
    Holly Nicole
    Replies: 0 | Views: 1165
    Last post by Holly Nicole, 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Internet Marketing Forum

Webmaster Sun is a forum where you’ll find in-depth discussions and resources to help you succeed on the web whether you are new or experienced. You’ll find it all here. With topics ranging from internet marketing, search engine optimization, social networking, make money online, web hosting, affiliate marketing as well as hands-on technical support for web design, programming and more. We are a growing community of like-minded people that is keen to help and support each other with ambitions and online endeavors. Learn and grow, make friends and contacts for life.

Come Hang Out With Us

    Facebook Twitter Webmaster Forum Google+

    Webmaster Sun Logo
Copyright ©2012 - 2017, WebmasterSun.com. All rights reserved. Internet marketing forum for internet marketers, webmasters, web hosting providers, designers and affiliate marketers.

Welcome to Webmaster Sun

The World's Number 1 Webmaster Community, SEO and Marketplace

Log in!

Continue with Facebook
Continue With Email. By signing up you indicate that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Sign in Manually

Need an account? Sign up now!