How does my site look? Please, some inputs!

Sam

Hi guys, I have been running my new site. It's a site where people can read topics related to some fields of skills, and can their skills too. The domain is Skillonpage.com - Acquiring Skills Made personal. How do you think about the domain and the slogan. Is it good? Please give rate to the slogan from the range of 1 - 10.

Please, webmasters here make some assessments related to the script, design, loading, and other aspects. I would like to know from you. Thank you in advance!

EnricTellez

Looks very proffessional. But..
I don't like the logo at all.
The yellow doesn't fit with the orange and black, and I don't see it show up anywhere else in the website.
So if you aks me I'd say ditch the yellow and go with orange black only.

Maybe something like SkillONPage (maybe make the O a powerbutton)

Just my opinion, the rest of the website looks really good :)

Web Expert

First of all the site is using the sahifa theme which is good it has good options to monetize site and also it helps in quick SEO the design is really good.

The Logo However needs some color modification

Thanks

Sam

Hi Enrick, thank you for your helpful input. Yes, I'm considering to change the logo. :)

First of all the site is using the sahifa theme which is good it has good options to monetize site and also it helps in quick SEO the design is really good.
Thank you for the review. By the way, the name of my template is not Safira actually.

Contentgather

Hmmmm, yeah. I'm not a fan of the logo either, primarily the yellow text in "on" - very hard to read that.

Also, the slogan has a typo. "Acqiring" should be "Acquiring". Even if you fix that, I'm not sure what "Acquiring Skill Made Personal" even means :confused:

The design itself looks pretty good, in general.

I'd consider changing the background color on the left and right of the pages to something that fits the main content better.

On the about page, remove the bullet points that are left aligned on the page.

Change the "Share your skill" button at the top of the page open in the current window instead of a new window.

vishwa

Your website looks good to me. You really have to work on your logo. I like your site content. But as I can see that you are covering multiple categories in your blog. It will be better if you work on a single niche which will help you get targeted audience and hence increase conversions. However you are able to manage multiple niche than it should be not a problem for you. Its just my thought :) I will give your slogan 5 out of 10.

Sam

Your website looks good to me. You really have to work on your logo. I like your site content. But as I can see that you are covering multiple categories in your blog. It will be better if you work on a single niche which will help you get targeted audience and hence increase conversions. However you are able to manage multiple niche than it should be not a problem for you. Its just my thought :) I will give your slogan 5 out of 10.
Yes, I agree with you. Thank you for your suggestions! I think I would change my logo and slogan. Any suggestion for a good slogan? :)

Your site looks good, but It is hard to read on on your logo, it should be a dark yellow.

All your articles are written by you?

What purposes have you build this site for?
Thank you for your suggestion. Seems all said the same about the "on". Yes, recently all of the articles are written by me. On of the purposes is to encourage others to contribute to my site as authors, in which they will be benefited of a dofollow backlinks. If you are willing to share your skills, you can join my site :)

AMBTL

The site is aesthetically very pleasing, but I agree that the yellow is too bright.
Personally, I prefer designs that take the full width of the screen, I just don't like losing space on large screens.
But this is just my personal preference, and I think some boxed sites (as yours) can look very good, too.

davebusiness86s

Agree to those above. The logo should be redesigned, "ON" color doesn't look outstanding.
Aside of that, I think everything is great. Can I ask how many site you have created before this? The site looks amazing
You write all of the articles? I just read a few so no comment on your writing skill but writing all by yourself is respectful. Good luck with your site

daniel27lt

Looks good. I see your using Wordpress and have minimized using plugins, which is great. Your website seems to load faster enough. SEO looks good too as I see you're using the Yoast SEO plugin, I always recommend using this. I see your page speed when I did a test is 3.22 secs, with is reasonably good considering a lot of other websites out there and for a Wordpress website. Also, another thing I noticed is that resources with a "?" in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL. For example:

https://i0.wp.com/skillonpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/career-in-finance.jpg?resize=303%2C178

Another thing I personal didn't like, the logo. To old school, meaning you should keep it flat and simple, straight to the point. Remove the slogan, it's not needed. The current slogan can hardly be read, and anyone with glasses would find it difficult to read it.

Other than that, the overall site I like. Great information and I think people should find it interesting.

I hope this has helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam

Sam

Sam
For sure, I've never thought about this issue before. It's an important thing that I need to take into account. Now I'm working on it. After finding out more about such string, now I know why I should remove such string from my site. But the problem is, I haven't found a plugin to remove certain strings on in my blog's code. Using a plugin to do so would be helpful instead of removing it manually. Because I have no idea how to remove it manually without changing my site's appearance.

Sam

@daniel27lt Thank you, Daniel! I think there are a lot of things I got from your review. As you said, I need to change the small banner or the site name image of my site. Changing the design would be the second time before yoru recommendation. After reading all of my site's reviews here, I think our site's logo is a very vital thing that we need to consider.

nishantoommen

Hi, I agree with Daniel. Sam, you website seems good. It loads fast and looks good. I run your website in website grader, based on the analysis the website performance score is 87/100. You need to work on your page requests and found some problem with your headings.

Sam

What you need to do is add the following code inside the PHP tags of your themes function.php file:

Code:
function _remove_script_version( $src ){
	$parts = explode( '?ver', $src );
        return $parts[0];
}
add_filter( 'script_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
add_filter( 'style_loader_src', '_remove_script_version', 15, 1 );
It seems the code doesn't work for my theme. But I've removed the string using a plugin. I don't know why the code above won't work. Thanks, by the way! :)

I have changed the logo. But needs more improvement I think. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

TomasJ

Hi there,

Overall the site looks clean and full of interesting content. Few minor things

- There has been a lot of talks about the logo and I totally agree, it looks really unprofessional.
- I would also remove the sidebar from the homepage - it takes a lot of space and there is not much information.
- Year in the footer says 2016.

Cheers.

Unknown

Hey!

I've checked out your website and first of all, I have to say that you have really nice and quality content. It seems like you have a bit of everything and that's great. I like that it's pretty easy to find what specifically you're looking for.

The logo... I don't know how it was before but I don't really like it how it is. It looks weird, old and wooden? I suppose that's the effect used. Why aren't you just using the logo that I see you use on your social media profiles? The colorful one. I like that one way more.

Also at the bottom of the page, on the right side there's just ''Loading'' for me, so maybe some error in the code.

Otherwise great work.

Sam

The logo... I don't know how it was before but I don't really like it how it is. It looks weird, old and wooden? I suppose that's the effect used. Why aren't you just using the logo that I see you use on your social media profiles? The colorful one. I like that one way more.
Hello! Thank you, for your review. Yes, I agree with you with the old logo style. I once thought to change it, but still no time :). Now, I think I am going to change it!

Also at the bottom of the page, on the right side there's just ''Loading'' for me, so maybe some error in the code.

Otherwise great work.
Seems working pretty well and fast on my browser. What browser did you use? Maybe you use an ad blocker on your browser. It's a space for ads.

Hi there,

Overall the site looks clean and full of interesting content. Few minor things

- There has been a lot of talks about the logo and I totally agree, it looks really unprofessional.
- I would also remove the sidebar from the homepage - it takes a lot of space and there is not much information.
- Year in the footer says 2016.

Cheers.
Thank you, brother! Your inputs are really meaningful to me!

paulamichaela

Hi Sam!

Your website looks very professional and I like the colors used on the website. The logo is okay from my point of view and I also asked my partner sitting beside me and she said that the logo is okay. We are checking the contents and reading 6 Factors Why Your Email Marketing Strategy Is Not Effective. We love it! Just keep on doing what you're doing :icon_rock:

robertmonte15

professional looking. fonts and sectioning are good. the logo seems not to match the theme color though. replace the news letter subscription right below the social media links and before the email marketing ad so they it's easier for users to see it and interact with it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.