Does parked domain traffic convert well?

Conor

I have some domains that I am not using and someone told me about domain parking but I don't know much about it and the information I found in google was kind of screwed up and not real good for information. I was wanting to know if parked domain traffic convert well?

Ron Killian

I've never messed with parked domains, but only way I can see they "could" be profitable, is if they already have traffic, such as an expired domain. Some one had it before and had something on it. Had to be some previous activity on the domain to have any chance. If there was marketing, with links still out there, type in traffic or SEO.

Some might say if it has good keywords in it, but even with keywords, if there was nothing done with it, keywords in the domain alone won't do anything.

Better putting something up, content, maybe with social buttons, do at least some promotion, something might get picked up. Gonna have a better chance.

ZAPPY

Suggestions for parked domains

A parked domain is akin to parking a car on the road and not using it. Instead of a car you've reverse a space on the internet until you're ready

As the domain owner, it's basically yours to use any way you want. Having it be earning you money with content - preferably with a BuyNow button or content mixed with adverts/banners until you decide what you will do with it. I think it's better than a blank page or a Coming Soon message (with a countdown timer or not) or as a redirect website.

Also realise that sometimes a webhost places their adverts on parked domains and keep all the ad revenues (ex GoDaddy)

Then there's companies that share any advert earnings with you (ex Sedo.com) Must say, I didnt get much profits with Sedo though :(

Conor

Better putting something up, content, maybe with social buttons, do at least some promotion, something might get picked up.
You mean like some kind of mini website?

Then there's companies that share any advert earnings with you (ex Sedo.com) Must say, I didnt get much profits with Sedo though :(
I was thinking about the ones that pay you some kind of percentage for the clicks the ads on the parked domain gets.

I was thinking about maybe using Sedo as a possible. Did you have just one domain parked there or several?

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
A mini site could be a good place to start. Or install wordpress, easy enough to do. Then you could load it up with articles, set the date and it would drip. Couple days posting and content done for a couple months or more. Some social promotion just to get it "out there". Backlinks over time and you can have something.

As for parking, I don't think you quite understand. No matter what you put on the domain (advertising), if there is NO traffic, there is NO money.

And doesn't matter where you park it as well. Just parking it at a certain place won't bring you traffic. I've never used Sedo, but I doubt you get traffic just my parking it there.

The people that make money with parked domains are like I've already mentioned... are the ones how grab up expired domains that once where working, have links or traffic pointed at them. And I think for many of them it's lot's of domains that make a little, so it adds up.

All the time you spent talking about this you could have already set up wordpress with some content and submitted to social networks. Just saying :)

Conor

Conor
Good idea Ron! Would it be best to write my own articles, pay someone to write them like at a freelancer website or find some free articles around in Google? I'm not much of a writer but I could do it if I had to.

Ron Killian

First choice would be to write them yourself. Second choice to purchase articles you are allow to use as content. Then yes, you could pay some one to write theme, though it might be some work to find a good writer at an affordable price.

Don't know about finding free articles around in google, never heard of that and don't think it's a thing.

Conor

First choice would be to write them yourself. Second choice to purchase articles you are allow to use as content. Then yes, you could pay some one to write theme, though it might be some work to find a good writer at an affordable price.
I might just try to do a few myself and see how they turn out. If not then just pay someone.

Don't know about finding free articles around in google, never heard of that and don't think it's a thing.
I have seen some when searching for blog post articles. I was noticing that the few I checked seem to have a low word count.

olaryeankarh

Domain parking is dead. It is survived by domain flipping and 301 backlink building method. I really do not advise that anyone parks a domain again.
Rather, build a niche site on it and make every visit count.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.