Feedback on usability, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Killian

Looks real nice. Since it looks like good, seems this might be more promotion :)

I like the use of images and the images look good. Nice and clean. Usability is good, don't know why that would be a concern. Can't really see anything "wrong".

Although, big thing I do notice when I hit the page... I have NO clue what it is or what it's about. No tagline, no USP, nothing. Since there is a lot of open space in the header, maybe move the logo over to the left and on the right tell what the site is about and why visitors should stay and check it out? Just an idea.

For the blog posts, a heading would be nice, like check out our latest blog posts. And for sure "Read More" links. Gotta tell people what to do, they might not get it on their own.

Of course, only my opinions.

Mick M

Thank you for your kind words Ron and for taking the time to look through it.

Although, big thing I do notice when I hit the page... I have NO clue what it is or what it's about. No tagline, no USP, nothing. Since there is a lot of open space in the header, maybe move the logo over to the left and on the right tell what the site is about and why visitors should stay and check it out? Just an idea.
This is something I've been thinking about and wasn't sure if a tagline was needed but you've swayed me, thank for you that.

And the empty space in the header, I had considered putting an opt-in form there.. if I can make that disappear or render somewhere else for mobile devices, it might not look cluttered.. that was my main concern.

For the blog posts, a heading would be nice, like check out our latest blog posts. And for sure "Read More" links. Gotta tell people what to do, they might not get it on their own.

Of course, only my opinions.
Again great suggestion Ron, thank you.

You know sometimes when you've been staring at the same thing for hours on end, and you can't really see the trees for the forest.

Apologies if it came across as promotional.

Ron Killian

Well as you probably know, many optin plugins have mobile options. I use Thrive and there are some settings for mobile, and I think it resizes, or sizes correctly for mobile. Believe most have those options.

Sure can't ignore mobile these days huh? Been looking hard at my sites to make sure they are not only mobile friendly, but that they look niche on mobile. Not always easy.

But you are off to a good start. Good looking site. :)

Strike

Hey guys, thank you for taking some time out to look over my blog..

profitcopilot.com/blog

I'm particularly concerned with ease of use.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Okay, I am going to critic this but this is only my opinion based on my experience, it is not an attack on you.

Firstly, I love the name, does remind me of video copilot tho. I would also think about your popups, welcome screens or pop-ups are only necessary if your website requires instructions, as your website is easy to use I would not add them, they do slow down your site and people dont usally like them.

Lastly, I would look at Awwwards and other competition websites and see how the sites are constructed, it is a really strong site and you should feel good about it.

davebusiness86s

I don't have too much to say here.
I really like your logo, especially compare with your glass avatar, it does look the same lol. The because it is round shape, so there's a lot of empty space in the header, you should add something there.
Did you write all articles yourself?

Empire

The popups gets' to me, that's off-putting for people who clicked on the link for the first time. the name and colors are cool they go well. Keep in mind that this is my thoughts and options and it's looking good.

On the home page of the blog there is an very large space

Ron Killian

Pop ups are not ONLY necessary for visitors instructions. Doesn't make sense. They are VERY useful if one wants to build a list, an asset that could be the most powerful and profitable thing they ever build.

The people who say not to use pop ups or say they are bad do not do serious email mailing, which is fine. But it can't be said they are not effective or not very useful. Bad advice.

CookieRunner

Ease of use? Its fine with me. The pop-up? Its okay if it pops only once, but it annoys me if it always pops. When I clicked the URL you've provided, I just saw your blog, no introduction or whatsoever... In my opinion, its better if you have a little something about what can we see from the site or what its all about. I am no expert with websites, I just voice out my opinion and hope this comment helps you in a way. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies