What is the ebay affiliate cookie time?

Conor

I can not seem to find an accurate answer for the life of me by searching google and bing. Some are saying 7 days and all the way up to 30 days.

Does anyone know for sure what the ebay affiliate cookie time is?

vishwa

Well I really did not find any accurate answer of it. But I think that most of shopping sites have minimum of 30 days cookie. You can find detailed information on eBay privacy or terms of use page.

Conor

Conor
I couldn't find the cookie time anywhere on their site. They have all the other terms but no cookie time unless they might be using a different word other than "cookie".

Rob Whisonant

What you could do is find an ebay affiliate link. Click it. Then use a browser plug-in to view the cookie and see when it expires.

ZAPPY

Caution with your referral clicks

@Conor

The info on an old Hubpage title: "Warning! eBay switches to one-day cookie in October" can possibly answer your question

It may be a 3yr old post BUT could still be relevant today.

To get an accurate uptodate answer to your question, I suggest you email the eBay affiliate program directly. Their email address is found on their Affiliate FAQ page http://pages.ebay.com/affiliate/faq1.html

Also...

be aware that even if your affilate link is clicked first then another affiliate gets a click too and their referral buys, then you wont get paid for your click

:(

More about this referral click caution here https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/legal#a4

Scroll to the Compensation | Qualifying Transactions section and read point 2 specifically

ZAPPY

One day? That's not something that is common among affiliate programs is it?
Referral cookie expiration varies depending on the vendor/company or if a sale is made with your referral link therefore unable to give you a definitive across the board answer.

Most of the time, it is a case of which affiliate was successful with getting a referral sale not time or expiry date based.

Meaning?

If I sent a referral to eBay and they didnt buy (and they havent cleared their web browser's cache, cookies or history) then you sent a referral after me and they purchased, then you'd get the commission. Because I dont know neither eBay's affiliate cookie duration unable to say if it is one day, one week, one month or more. As said, that Hubpage post 3year content, I referred to previously, may still be relevant in 2017!

With Udemy it's different though. They changed affiliate referral cookies to 7days now.

So all I can suggest is to read the affiliate terms and conditions when signing up :)

Does anyone know for sure what the ebay affiliate cookie time is?
Any joy with getting the answer to this yet to report back?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.