Quora, what is the best way to use it?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I rarely see any info about Quora, but there has to be some way to use it to success. Have any of you used it and gotten great marketing results?
I spent some weeks on Quora but no success, too many advertisements in posts there and it doesn't drive a little traffic to my site.
Using forums, blogs and social networks instead, they are more effective than Quora but keep in mind that you should choose high traffic sites which will help increase traffic for your sites.

vishwa

Well quora doesn't help me to drive traffic to my site. I am using it to get latest ideas for my blog. Quora helps me to find out what users ask and trying to cover it on my article. This will help me to create quality content for my blog.

DarioPV

Have to agree with vishwa on using Quora for article ideas. Been doing that for a while myself :)

We have been using it for a while to point to some of our blog articles and to engage with our target audience.

A problem with Quora is that you have to invest a lot of time before you could see any meaningful results. 6 months ago when I first started there on a client's behalf, the posts were much more diverse and educational and less self pluging oriented. Today like 80% of the posts are there just to link to somewhere or to promote something.

Is it worth it? Hard to say. In the last 2 months we got around 50 visitors from Quora and time spent on engaging there was less than 10 hours. As far as we know one converted to a client (that we know for sure).

My advice is if you are going to give it a try, don't half-ass it. Aim for the right questions, provide decent answers.

daniel27lt

daniel27lt
Yes, I have to agree with you. Been on there for a little while now. I've helped a lot of users by answering there questions. I'm trying to build my reputation up on the niches I specialize in. And if anyone's interested they can either follow me or checkout my profile where I'll have my business links. I've picked up a couple of clients from Quora on the time I've spent on there. But like you said, 'don't half-ass it'.

Another good strategy I've used there is giving away free products to build my list. I've built my list considerably over the time.

Brandfuge

I seen great marketing results with quora since I promoted a business related to SEO analyzer website.
THe thing with Quora is like You can "Help and Market"

You cannot just market the product or service alone.
You need to help the peoples who asked the question.
Only quality replies gets more success than the bot.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views