Similarweb vs Alexa - Which one is better?

Liam

I was looking at both Similarweb and Alexa for some basic stats but don't know if I should pay attention and use either or just disregard both. If I do decide to use one for stats and information then which one is better, Similarweb or Alexa?

Ron Killian

Think about it this way, how can any one or any service know exactly how much traffic any website has, unless they have access to their stats?

Maybe it's possible, and maybe I am not smart enough to know how it could be done. But I don't know how.

Just like how can google know the bounce rate of every web page on the net? Yet, many people seem to think they do.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Think about it this way, how can any one or any service know exactly how much traffic any website has, unless they have access to their stats?
I am wondering about that, maybe they have similar bots as Google did and recorded web statistics which is revealed when an user make a query on their tool.

They are both equally crappy.
Why you think both are equally crappy?
I read many publishers said that Similarweb is better and exacter than Alexa.

Devin Holdcraft

I was looking at both Similarweb and Alexa for some basic stats but don't know if I should pay attention and use either or just disregard both. If I do decide to use one for stats and information then which one is better, Similarweb or Alexa?
Both are for analyzing web traffic but both are not really exact.

Maybe it's possible, and maybe I am not smart enough to know how it could be done. But I don't know how.

Just like how can google know the bounce rate of every web page on the net? Yet, many people seem to think they do.
Yes If Google analytics is not integrated on websites, they can not exactly measure the traffic on per web site.

Because they don't really know how much traffic they are having on their sites.

roggy

Alexa is not really exact but it is still being used by advertisers when they need to view traffic of a website for advertising their websites or services.
I have contacts from advertisers on my blogs and when saying to its traffic, they used Alexa and that affected on their decisions.

hynds

I agree with this. They're both website traffic analytics tools and both are not exactly, just for reference. However, if you need to choice, I think SimilarWeb is better nowadays, many guys are using it as a main reference source for traffic checking by advertisers. IMO

rocket

No one can thing which application is good for exact ranking like same as seo analyst checker. In my think google analytic much better from both application . because we use google analytic code so google can easily find that how many traffic come to your site. so basically if i talk about alexa and similarweb these application just for idea how much your website is good and about global rank and many more.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
Of course google analytic is always better if compared with these tools and that's why more people are using them and asked to provide Google analytics if you want to see real traffic from a website or blog. But sometimes you want to analyze traffic of a website, you can consider to use these tools because you don't have their Google analytics.

Liam

Yet, many people seem to think they do.
This has been one of the common things I have seen in my research. Do you think it's just because google has all website owners scared into thinking that they know everything or just maybe paranoia?

They are both equally crappy.
That may be so but isn't one or the other better?

Alexa is not really exact but it is still being used by advertisers when they need to view traffic of a website for advertising their websites or services.
I have contacts from advertisers on my blogs and when saying to its traffic, they used Alexa and that affected on their decisions.
I have seen some information that many advertisers are interested in Alexa rankings. I guess it's just because they are told it matters based on what I have read.

However, if you need to choice, I think SimilarWeb is better nowadays, many guys are using it as a main reference source for traffic checking by advertisers. IMO
What makes similarweb better? Is it more accurate somehow?

No one can thing which application is good for exact ranking like same as seo analyst checker. In my think google analytic much better from both application . because we use google analytic code so google can easily find that how many traffic come to your site. so basically if i talk about alexa and similarweb these application just for idea how much your website is good and about global rank and many more.
If an advertiser asks about traffic or wants to see information like this then they can't see your google analytics account but they can see the others. What do you do if an advertiser want information like that about your website?

SEOPub

That may be so but isn't one or the other better?
Not really. They are both just guesses.

I have seen some information that many advertisers are interested in Alexa rankings. I guess it's just because they are told it matters based on what I have read.
It's because they are ignorant and do not know any better.

If an advertiser asks about traffic or wants to see information like this then they can't see your google analytics account but they can see the others. What do you do if an advertiser want information like that about your website?
You can show them your Google Analytics data or, if they don't trust that, give them a temporary user account to access your account and see the data.

harrygreen90

Similarweb gives exacter result while Alexa give you impressions better from advertisers because more advertisers like viewing web traffic through Alexa because it is popular and well-known.

elzorro

I know Similarweb is more exact than Alexa but I prefer using Alexa because it is used or checked by advertisers or customers who visited my website. They used to use this tool to track traffic of a website and they don't care it is exact or not.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.