How to transfer domain to new host?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
When I visited a shared hosting plan on this forum and saw the option to transfer domain to new host as the following image

how to transfer domain to new host.png

But I am not sure how to proceed this? Is it safe to transfer domain to new host? and what are steps to transfer my domain from my current hosting to new host?

Your answers would be appreciated.

davebusiness86s

Most hosting services provide domain transfer service.
You can only transfer when your domain is registered for over 60 days.
You need to get Authorization Key from your current domain provider. It is required when you choose to transfer your domain. Then you pay 1 year cost for the domain.
Usually it takes 1 week to complete transfer

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
Where can I get Authorization Key? for examples, namecheap, name.com or godaddy or from my current domain provider?
Honestly I never transfer a domain to a new host, I always use current domain registrar, just changed web hosting companies

davebusiness86s

You can search for the Au Key on Google with you domain provider. Example Authorization Key godaddy
Transfer domain when you find another domain provider that is cheaper and have better service with the same price. Some register their domain for the first year because the price is very cheap but the extending price is expensive so they switch to another provider with cheaper price

serversget

I Think you don't need transfer your domain, if all is okay on your current registrator, the first reason is - most hosting companies are only resellers of domains and their prices are high and domain management - slow, you can just change nameservers in your current registratior, to point domain on new hosting.

Rob Whisonant

Never transfer a domain to a hosting company. Always keep your hosting and domain registrar different. That way if your hosting company does not perform well you can move your domain to a different hosting company without having to deal with the old hosting company. Some even take a long time to change your DNS if you move from them. Just don't do it.

Select I will use my existing domain and update my domain servers.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads