What's your favorite method of getting SEO clients?

abhayhendre

I've been using cold emailing since last few months to try to get some SEO clients, but I'm not having any success.

I'm personalizing my email for each prospect (by adding their name, business name, industry, website url etc). I'm getting around 35-40% open-rate for my emails.

I'm targeting laser eye surgeons from different locations. While choosing a prospect, I check if they have low traffic, less backlinks, bad/average quality website design and things like that.

What am I not doing right?

Do you guys have any suggestions? How do you get your clients?

SEOPub

Cold emails is a horrible approach. You would probably have to send out 1,000 just to get 2-3 clients. Do you know how many SEO emails many business owners get in a week? Lots. Trust me. Hell, I run an SEO company and I still get 20-30 a week offering to do SEO for me.

I would also say that cold emailing is the coward's approach. Don't take that the wrong way, but the reason that people do cold emails is because they are afraid to pick up the phone and call the business or to stop in face-to-face.

paul1129

We do it face to face mostly. Our operatives go and meet probable client. In this way we build trust. Which leads to our conversions.

Scopehosts

Cold emailing sometimes doesn't work when the customer you are targeting already has the inbox filled. Customer doesn't even bother to open the mail. Also some emails get blocked by spam filters or sent directly to junk. This is the main disadvantage of cold emailing.

TopHatSEO

Have you tried in person networking?

Business owners, both big and small, know that they need SEO services. I frequently find that in person people are more than happy to meet someone who might be able to address their problem that they are getting outranked by their competitors.

Be friendly, genuine and helpful. It goes a long way.

sree31

I suggest that you start a blog and post 1 quality article every couple of days, about marketing tips & tricks. Post those articles on various social networks and also ask your friends and colleagues to share. Do this for a month and you'll start getting inbound client requests via social media.

I have been doing this for past couple of months (I run a marketing blog) and have started getting 2-3 inbound requests every week on LinkedIn. Funny thing is, I'm not looking for clients but they still send messages. I don't run a marketing agency still I get requests :)

In your case you can focus on writing SEO tutorials and articles.

Bridge

Many ways to approach your goal and Email list is not the high effective one. If your website has a very good ranking, show it to your potential customer may be the best way.

berto

A review navigation site page from your website in which your happy clients are contributing for your service reputation.

sidrawat

You can bid through freelancer and up work. There you can get clients as per your experience. Otherwise, you can contact the business through direct call where you need to do mapping first.

rawatgoal

Hi

For getting good SEO clients you need to prepare a positive proposal and quality of portfolio's you have worked in the past.
Reach your target like in Facebook add businesses group and approach businesses.

Create a twitter page and retweet your proposals.
You need to take care of quality of work first of all.

Thanks

adlersmith

Business owners, both big and little, know that they need SEO solutions. I regularly discover that personally individuals are more than satisfied to fulfill someone who might be able to deal with their issue that they are getting outranked by their opponents.

centurion

I've been using cold emailing since last few months to try to get some SEO clients, but I'm not having any success.

I'm personalizing my email for each prospect (by adding their name, business name, industry, website url etc). I'm getting around 35-40% open-rate for my emails.

I'm targeting laser eye surgeons from different locations. While choosing a prospect, I check if they have low traffic, less backlinks, bad/average quality website design and things like that.

What am I not doing right?

Do you guys have any suggestions? How do you get your clients?
Great. You have to create a website about your service. The content should need to be 100% unique. After than you will do white hat SEO- On page and off page optimization which will generate traffic from search engine or from different sources for your website for the life time. Secondly it will increase your website traffic and thirdly it will play an important role to increase the page rank.

Thanks
Centurion

nblinks

The use of cold emailing do not really work anymore this days. You will have to do a face to face marketing with prospects. Another method that I have used successfully is to publish an informative article, put author bio on it and optimize the article. My doing so, I have receive numerous emails from clients that I do not even know.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views