Website Online Or offline For guests

Empire

This is an question that has been said many times, should the website be offline for guests or online?

What I mean by that, is that they have to join the community to able to see the content. So if they get linked to that website all they see is an login page.

I know some website that do that, Just to get new members rank number up but it doesn't work unless the website is running by an YouTube guy with over 200k hits

Last edited:

Hugo E.

This is an question that has been said many times, should the website be offline for guests or online?
In my personal opinion, it should be online for visitors/guest. Someone can leave the website if they don't see the content that expected to read.

What I mean by that, is that they have to join the community to able to see the content. So if they get linked to that website all they see is an login page.
You mean they will be redirected to a login page before viewing content on that community.

...it doesn't work unless the website is running by an YouTube guy with over 200k hits
What do you mean?

Gh0st4unt3r

For me content that's visible is what will attract others and possibly gain members who would like to contribute towards the website aswell if they share the same interests as you and the website.

Empire

thanks, and from my point of view my site has always been online.

regarding your comment "what do you mean" some years back there was an forum community that was running SMF, there website was offline for guests and so they had to join to able to post and see the topics. The website was running by an group of YouTube content creators. The website had an big hit with over 30K members, they had like over 100 new signups a day with the website offline.

See the point

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.