What does hosting with unlimited domains really mean?

Michele D.

I have looked at Go Daddy and they are offering 'unlimited websites' as part of the hosting. I pay for the hosting and I will get unlimited domains with it. From this I am guessing that they use the sub domain or addon domain features? and they are free domain or I have to pay extra fees for each domain to use?

davebusiness86s

It mean you can add as many domains as you want to the host. Usually Godaddy offer 1 free domain when you sign up for their hosting service.
Domains means different domains like abc.com, xyz.com, not sub domain.
You have to buy each domain, you don't have to purchase them at Godaddy, you can purchase domains from any other services.

tyggis

I means that you can use as many domains you like at the hosting account. (It doesnt mean that you can use as much server recources you want too ;) )

Riviera

'Unlimited websites' means the number of addon domains is unlimited per your account. It is described in hosting specification.
It's is different from the basic account (often only 1 domain for the lite/limited account) which described in hosting specification also.
An example photo to compare.
Hope my sample can help you understand.
Regards.
A2-WordPress-hosting-options.png

Attachments

lithin

Actually, there are no true Unlimited Hosts. Even though they say that they allow unlimited sites, it is pretty well understood that 99% of the users are not going for unlimited sites. Most of the users will have maximum 10-15 sites. Who will be able to manage more sites than these? So Hosting companies advertise like that. Also many hosts put a limit on number of files for automatic backup to happen. If you cross that limit, no automatic backups will be done. So users tend to limit the number of files and eventually number of sites.

DTS-NET

every company is different
always be sure to ask questions
and read terms of service

SenseiSteve

Unfortunately, saying that they offer unlimited domains doesn't mean they offer unlimited resources. You'll be hard pressed to run a good number of sites without capping out on other limits they have in place. And yes, you have to purchase the domains, but not necessarily from them.

Ciarda

If you means you purchase one time and you can as domanins you want like 123.com 234.com there is no way you can do it but let me expain why. Every name domains have a under structure that is based on numbers for exemple your ip (32.123.34.24) but there are limitate ip in the world and just one ip cost really much so there is no way you can get as many domains you want. If you mean subdomain there are possible.

Sanji123

"Unlimited" not means actually unlimited, there is a limitation. It is a marketing technique.

Hikarihost

depends for company, go daddy say a unlimited resources but not a unlimited domain, the domain have a cost example .com, net or org and other exist a domain free but is .tk for example, you can a create a unlimited web site but need a buy domain or create a sub domain.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Jen
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.