What is the best contact form plugin for Wordpress?

Jen

I was looking around for a good contact form plugin for Wordpress but since I know very little about which contact form plugins are good and which are not I am not sure which to choose. I have thought about just using the default contact form feature in Jetpack but I am not sure if that's a good choice or not.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good contact form plugin for Wordpress?

vishwa

I would prefer to use Contact form of Jetpack. I am using it for my blog. However you can use ninja forms or gravity forms for your WordPress blog.

Web Expert

Hi!

There are hundreds of plugins providing this functionality very smoothly. I have over 1700 blog sites and i use contact form7. Its a great and easy to use plugin.

Thanks

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I was looking around for a good contact form plugin for Wordpress but since I know very little about which contact form plugins are good and which are not I am not sure which to choose. I have thought about just using the default contact form feature in Jetpack but I am not sure if that's a good choice or not.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good contact form plugin for Wordpress?
I used Contact Form 7 on all my blogs, it works as well.
I think this contact form is enough for a blogger to make a good contract form on their pages.
If they need advanced forms, they can need to use ninja forms or gravity forms.

I would prefer to use Contact form of Jetpack. I am using it for my blog. However you can use ninja forms or gravity forms for your WordPress blog.
I have never heard of Contact form of Jetpack before, what are the advantages of this contact form plugin?

Hi!

There are hundreds of plugins providing this functionality very smoothly. I have over 1700 blog sites and i use contact form 7. Its a great and easy to use plugin.

Thanks
1700 blog sites? that's really unbelievable, how can you manage this amount of sites and you need over 1700 domain names to create them?

davebusiness86s

I'd suggest Contact form 7 plugin. This is a great plugin I used it for every Wordpress websites of mine. Check it out

kim16

Im not sure about being the "best" but I am using contact form7 for my travel blog. So far so good. Although randomly I get spams, but not as frequent as everyday.

AMBTL

I also use Contact Form 7. It does what it promises, and I must admit I have never looked for alternatives. Perhaps there are better ones, but this one is good enough for me.

Jen

The one in Jetpack is the one that I was thinking about using because I already have Jetpack installed so that would eliminate another plugin needed. Why are people using separate contact form plugins when most people use Jetpack already?

I have over 1700 blog sites and i use contact form7. Its a great and easy to use plugin.
Is that the only contact form plugin that you use on all your websites?

I used Contact Form 7 on all my blogs, it works as well.
I think this contact form is enough for a blogger to make a good contract form on their pages.
If they need advanced forms, they can need to use ninja forms or gravity forms.
Is Ninja forms easy to use and good?

I'd suggest Contact form 7 plugin. This is a great plugin I used it for every Wordpress websites of mine. Check it out
Have you tried other contact form plugins before?

Im not sure about being the "best" but I am using contact form7 for my travel blog. So far so good. Although randomly I get spams, but not as frequent as everyday.
Do you think that the spam is because of the plugin itself?

I would suggest you use Contact form 7. It's the best contact form plugin I've ever used :)
Which other contact form plugins have you used? Are there some that were really bad?

I also use Contact Form 7. It does what it promises, and I must admit I have never looked for alternatives.
I have looked on the Wordpress website at the contact form plugins but it's hard to know which ones are the best ones to use.

Doesn't Contact Form 7 integrate with other things? I saw something about that on the Wordpress site but I can't remember if it was this one or another contact form plugin.

Ron Killian

I've been using this one for some time:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/clean-and-simple-contact-form-by-meg-nicholas/

Has the one click google recaptcha. Though I do get the occasion manual spam, almost all SEO services.

But..

One thing no one has mentioned, contact forms can be a real problem. They all work through email and that can be VERY unreliable. Not only the messages getting to you, but your replies getting to them. Had many people mad at me because I did not reply to their contact when I either did not get it, or they did not get my reply. Email is a terrible way to communicate, especially with customers and buyers.

Although I do have contact forms, I also use zendesk on my sites, and with that I don't miss any messages. On my contact forms I highly encourage people to use the support instead. For like $9 a month it's well worth it. And with only one operator or user it can be used on multiple sites.

AMBTL

AMBTL
Yes, from time to time I send a test message to myself to check if everything is ok. Sometimes these things can get broken after updates.

If you send the reply from a mail program such as Outlook, and the recipient doesn't receive it, then it's not the problem of the contact form.
Some messages from my old email address landed in junk, if the recipient was using Microsoft software or hotmail.

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
I did not say contact forms are bad. I said they are not a reliable form of communication because they rely on email and email itself is not reliable. Not even to do with outlook, it is the email service providers.

And checking a form from time to time does not help. It's about the emails not getting through in the first place. Checking the from won't tell you that.

Jen

Thanks Ron, that one looks good. I really like how it has the person trying to contact you enter their email twice. I think that will cut down some of the automated spam and since it has the captcha those two will probably work real well.

Although I do have contact forms, I also use zendesk on my sites, and with that I don't miss any messages. On my contact forms I highly encourage people to use the support instead.
I haven't heard of zendesk before. Is that some kind of live chat or instant messenger type of thing?

Website Design Ltd

Our 'go to' for most of our clients is Gravity Forms as they tend to be incredibly maleable & functional across a range of websites/blogs.

Riviera

Contact form 7 is an easy, simple with many advanced option that you can custom as your demand. That's a great free one. I have used it for 3 years.

Umar Bajwa

Some people here are suggesting contact form 7, Trust me it is outdated, slow, and lack basic features for a contact form. It might be a great contact form plugin for 2010-2012 but now things have been changed.

Caldera forms is a good option, Web Settler contact form is better than most of plugins.

Last edited:

hoangvu

hoangvu
I am a bit more agree with this opinion, although I used Contact form 7 on most of my blogs but if I have to use an advanced form to interact with users/visitors then I am sure you will need to go with a paid form plugin.

I don't know it is allowed to share paid contact form plugins here or not but you can find out more if you google this.

Any alternatives to Contact form 7

WPForms
Gravity Forms
Pirate Forms
Formidable Forms
Fast Secure Contact Form
Jetpack Forms.

Hope it helped.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.