Would You Tell Your SEO Story?

Sam

Hi, webmasters! I hope you have good traffic today. :welcome:

I have a very new blog, and it has 50 unique articles, macro niche (artwork skills, business skills, personality skills, webmaster skills, and computer skills). It has been run for 3 months. Google seems to index my blog nicely. The search results impressions are averagely 500 impressions per day for this week, and averagely in rank #30 - #40 on the SERPs. The traffic is averagely 3-5 per day. The backlinks: 670 backlinks from 72 linking domain. (80 percent nofollow). How do you think about this performance? Is this bad, good, or very good so far?

I have another blog, macro niche too, but it was started in 2010. When it had been run for 3 months, with just a view backlinks (not to quality) and little SEO efforts, the traffic performance is good. Averagely 40-70 visitors per day. I think such an easy SEO was because at that time there till fewer keywords competition. Or you may have a better thought about the difference between those SEO results.

Please, share your SEO story!:computer:

SEOPub

The backlinks: 670 backlinks from 72 linking domain. (80 percent nofollow). How do you think about this performance? Is this bad, good, or very good so far?
What those stats look like to me is you are doing blog commenting for links. That is about the only way you get that high of a percentage of nofollow links and that many links from the same domains.

Blog comment links are about as low quality of links for SEO purposes as there are. I would only rank profile and forum signature links behind them probably.

Sam

Sam
No, I didn't aggressively get blog commenting backlinks. I have my old backlink database of my old blogs. I use the database to get backlinks for my new blogs. They are backlinks from forum signatures 50%, some online curriculum vitae 20%, guest blogging posts 10%, dofollow social profiles 7%, and blog commenting 3%.

SEOPub

Why would you use those sources when 80% of them are nofollow? That is a waste of time.

I don't know about the online curriculum links, but the rest of those links you describe are basically just low quality junk, so your results sound about right.

Sam

Sam
Yeah, nofollow backlink is much worthy rather than hiring SEO service. Most of them offer a fast SEO, but their official site's SEO is shuck. That is wastingmoney. :icon_e_geek:

SEOPub

SEOPub
I'm not talking about fast or slow SEO.

Nofollow links have zero SEO value. They are utterly worthless. So what's the point wasting the time to build those?

Sam

Sam
So, what's your opinion about an SEO expert's statement? "A nofollow backlink from a high DA page is valuable for SEO". But, how come you can say "nofollow link have zero SEO value"?

SEOPub

SEOPub
I would say that whoever said that is definitely not an SEO expert.

If they were they would no a few things:

First, nofollow tells Google and other search engines not to pass any authority or link power through a link. The nofollow tag makes a link worthless for SEO.

Second, DA is not a metric that has anything to do with the page your link is on. It is not a page metric. It is a domain metric. So a link from a high DA page, whether it is nofollow or not, could also be worthless. Tumblr.com has a really high DA, but if I create a new blog and put a link on it, that page does not get any authority from the Tumblr.com home page. The link is extremely weak.

Last, DA is not a metric that any search engine on the planet uses. It is a metric created by Moz based on their own data, which is much more limited than Google's. If you are basing the value of a link solely on DA, you are doing it wrong.

Whoever said, "A nofollow backlink from a high DA page is valuable for SEO," is someone I would immediately stop listening to.

The only value that a nofollow link might have is for direct traffic. That's it.

SEOPub

SEOPub
It really does not matter what you want to call it. If you are looking at Google Analytics, it would be called referral traffic.

When people talk about building links for the purpose of direct traffic, they mean the same thing though. In other words, the only purpose of the link is hoping to get some traffic from people who click on it. It has no SEO benefit though.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.