Blogarama - Has anybody heard of it or is using it?

AMBTL

I started a new site recently. I think in December I found the Blogarama directory and I submitted my blog there.
Google Webmasters Tools shows 80 links from Blogarama to my site. I suppose they are nofollow because I didn't want to pay for a premium account.
That directory is somehow very difficult to navigate and I cannot find my content there.

My traffic numbers are below expectations so far, I must admit.
Google has indexed 560 pages and some images, but many of the pages are taxonomy archives. I use no-index and canonicals to avoid duplicate content as much as it makes sense.

Of course, there may be many other reasons of low traffic, but I am considering the possibility that this Blogarama thing does more harm than good. I am thinking about removing my site from there (if it is possible).

What do you guys think? Does anybody have experience with Blogarama or similar sites? Can they be harmful? Does it make sense to remove my site from there?

AMBTL

I also have some follow links from profiles and forums.
I found out that Blogarama essentially copies the post contents from the blogs that are listed there.
What worries me, is the relatively high number of links from Blogarama. If there are many junk links compared to the number good links, can it have a negative effect?
If Google considers Blogarama's links poor quality, may this be harmful?

I do get traffic from Google and the trend is very slowly growing, but it is below my expectations after nearly 3 months.

hookie

Hi guys
Have registered with Blogarama this morning and they start sending me lots of "visitors" (about 200 so far).
In RealTime (G. Analytics) there are 2 or 3 or 4 active visitors.
But I don't see where they are from, in the world map provided.
So I visited my site to see what would happened! Suddenly, that known circle appeared over my country.
In a later attempt, accessed my site through a Netherlands proxy. Analytics reported the visit but no any circle over Netherlands.
Blogarama has a signifficant Alexa (89K) and Domain Authority as well (70.8). How could be bad?
Do you have any idea?

jaymish

I've heard from a friend that they are good for SEO.However I have also read mostly negative reviews about their site. Most people accuse them of plagarizing their content. I'm not exactly sure of the details but apparently when you post your blog on them, they consider that they own your contennt. The only way you can claim it's your content is by paying a sum of money.

If I were you, I would stay far away from this one. In fact run. I couldn't say if they are dishonest or people just don't know how to use them. In my opinion where there is confusion there is always doubt.

fastreplies

Traffic or hits you're getting are coming from Bots but the fact
that their domain is WhoisGuard Protected... well, not only walk
but run as fast as you can

:)

fastreplies

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
I actually analyze all traffic I get from different sources. Have never had a bot problem from Blogorama. I have always gotten great traffic from them. AKA, I make money from their traffic. Also just because someone uses whois protection does not make them a bad site or company.

Not sure where you are getting your information or experience from but would love to know.

vishwa

I have also submitted my blog to blogorama. It is basically a blog directory that fetch your new posts through RSS. It helps me to get some visitors to my blog. There is nothing bad using them.

fastreplies

Also just because someone uses whois protection does not make them a bad site or company.

Not sure where you are getting your information or experience from but would love to know.
I never said it does but if site is charging money for goods or services
and there is no way I can have direct line of communication with vendor,
guess what, I'll walk away from that site and I'm sure thousands of people
will do the same.

You're asking why?
Because dozens of our web hosting clients ask us to help them to find
sites owners who screwed them and there is no way scams victims have
any idea where to go to find perpetrators.

Them using WhoIs protection is not a red flag at all. That is just nonsense.
Really?
Well only if one have no idea and/or recklessly doesn't care

I use WhoIs protection on almost every site I own. I do it because otherwise I'll get tons of junk mail, spam email, and telemarketing phone calls.

Lots of businesses use it for those very reasons.
Did I mention that real companies never hide address, email, phone etc?
Example?
Google. I'm sure getting the biggest amount of junk

:)

fastreplies

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Most people don't even know what whois is. They check the about or contact page, or even the footer for a companies contact information. Address, phone, email etc. The average consumer does not go do a whois to get contact info.

Unless YOU are your target market. :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.