Are forum profile backlinks worth it?

Liam

I have been reading through a few forums and some people are saying that forum profile backlinks are worthless and others say they are not. I don't know if it's worth it to waste time and put my blog link in my forum profiles or not.

Does anyone know if forum profile backlinks worth it or not?

paul1129

Forum links are mostly no-follow and the least amount of forums those who provide do-follow links are pretty useless as they provide link juice almost equal to zero.

Reactions: premiumproxies

timothykiko

timothykiko
You may be misunderstood the question because the title of the OP is: Are forum profile backlinks worth it?
Forum links and forum profile links are different then.
How did you call all of them as forum links?
There are many types of forum links: link on signature, links in posts, links in profiles, sponsored links on the forum..etc

paul1129

Most forums make their content link by default no-follow. You can put any as you like as it is a discussion board so search engines doesn't count that much. And as it goes for signature links I haven't seen any SERP rise for those kind of links even if they are do-follow.

Liam

Forum links are mostly no-follow and the least amount of forums those who provide do-follow links are pretty useless as they provide link juice almost equal to zero.
How do you know how much link juice a link will pass on to your site?

here are many types of forum links: link on signature, links in posts, links in profiles, sponsored links on the forum..etc
Sorry, I was meaning the ones that are found in the member's profile section. I read that signature links are mostly of little value.

Forum profile links are the about as low quality of links as you can possibly get. They are trash.

Anyone who says otherwise is probably selling forum profile links.
I wasn't sure on this because I had only seen information on member signature links. That's for the help.

P.S. I have seen some places where members were selling or renting signature links. Those should all be avoided then right?

hynds

Find forums online that are related to your sites niche and get involved within that community. Reply to threads, answer peoples questions, offer advice, etc. This all helps to build up your reputation as someone who is an expert within that niche. Try to use "Do-Follow" Forums so that you can include a link to your site within your signature, which helps search engines crawl your site. IMO

nishantoommen

Hello, From an SEO perspective it's important that you should try to get a lot of do-follow links. But with the current trend its a bit hard to get do-follow links. Of cource we can but instead of focusing only on do follow links. Try to position your website on all platforms as possible. Whether its a dofollow or nofollow link, think about it as you can a place where people can find you. Visitors and relevant traffic matters more than just links. Go for a holistic approach.

nishantoommen

You are exactly right SEOPub. Googles algorithm are so advanced that it considers a lot of factors before deciding whether the artcle should be ranked or not. Paid linksa re a waste of time. On the long run it will cause more trouble than benefit.

giangxiu

Forum profile backlinks are worthless. But forum links are still good, even if they are no-follow, if you know how to use them properly.

Anarojas

Forums links are always best & natural niche links ie if you want to promote hosting website then choose webmaster forums,seo,designing forums,

Liam

davebusiness86s

Most are nofollow links. They are not helpful for SEO but still you should have nofollows backlinks to looks natural

Liam

They are not helpful for SEO but still you should have nofollows backlinks to looks natural
Do you mean nofollow backlinks from forums or just in general?

By "profile", I mean links included in user profiles. And by "forum links", I mean contextual links which are mentioned in posts.
Thanks. I thought that's what you meant but wanted to be sure.

paul1129

I just can't believe that people as in of today also pay money to get a forum link.

I am just shocked.

earmoldsydney

Forum profile links are not worth for SEO. You can use signature links for good link juice and traffic signals.

Aegis software

You can just get a direct traffic from forum sites if you have added your links in signature. But you can't get ranking improvement if the links are nofollow. So just find forum sites who provides dofollow links.

You can easily find the forum sites providing dofollow or nofollow links if you have some technical knowledge.

AMBTL

You can right click on the link and inspect it (Inspect Element - on Firefox). Look for: a href="some-website". If there is rel="nofollow", it is a nofollow link.
Alternatively, you can install a browser extension, which will highlight nofollow links in a different colour than dofollow links.

meomeo031

Profile link is a backlink where you save your personal or professional information. If the page rank of the profile website is more then 8 so Google show up the result on the top page but only if profile link is Contextual, higher page rank, higher DA/PA and relevant to your niche.

Lower page rank below 3 profile links not index on Google search results. Bulk quantity of lower page rank dofollow profile backlinks decrease your targeted keyword rankings on search results. Because those backlinks are unnatural.

Liam

You can right click on the link and inspect it (Inspect Element - on Firefox). Look for: a href="some-website". If there is rel="nofollow", it is a nofollow link.
I didn't think of that, thanks for the tip. :)

Alternatively, you can install a browser extension, which will highlight nofollow links in a different colour than dofollow links.
That would make things a little easier, do you know of any good ones?

Bulk quantity of lower page rank dofollow profile backlinks decrease your targeted keyword rankings on search results. Because those backlinks are unnatural.
Aren't all dofollow links good as long as they are not from bad sites?

Claire_Anderson

Forum links are not useless. Most of the forums usually provide no-follow links but there are some forums who offer do-follow back-links. Even the no-follow back-links redirect huge traffic to the website. It is a best approach to create both no-follow or do-follow back-links because that way the link building approach would look natural.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views