Is it good to buy aged Facebook accounts?

Liam

I see on some websites that it can be good to have an aged Facebook account with lots of friends and that can help your marketing efforts. I have seen some places where people are selling "Aged Facebook Accounts" but I don't know if that's allowed to do and if it's actually good.

Would it be better to have a new one so that you know what the accounts has been through?

Website Design Ltd

Idk, it kinda seems dodgy to me.
There are no legitimate shortcuts when it comes to building your own social media platforms. Starting ground up is really the only effective way of developing your brand across social media.

ulterios

Buying Facebook accounts is against the Facebook terms/rule/guidelines so if you do then make sure that you understand that and use caution.

Good Luck. ;)

Liam

Idk, it kinda seems dodgy to me.
How so? Is that just some kind of scam to catch people who don't know better?

Buying Facebook accounts is against the Facebook terms/rule/guidelines so if you do then make sure that you understand that and use caution.
I wasn't aware of that. I see people selling them all over so I guess that Facebook isn't too strict about it.

Syn Gates

An aged Facebook account would brings some benefit. First is good influence, an aged account with a lot of friends or followers can have remarkable impact on it's community, it's good at driving traffic or advertising. Another advantage is an account with more than 5000 friends could be converted into fan page, and two or three accounts can be merged and all their friend would be followers of the fan page. Let's think about when you buy 2 aged Facebook accounts and immediately have a fan page which has around 10,000 high quality fans.

Nancy G

I see on some websites that it can be good to have an aged Facebook account with lots of friends and that can help your marketing efforts. I have seen some places where people are selling "Aged Facebook Accounts" but I don't know if that's allowed to do and if it's actually good.

Would it be better to have a new one so that you know what the accounts has been through?

I have heard of people having a discussion on buying aged Facebook accounts for the simple reason of increasing visibility. In fact if you search thru the internet, there are some websites offering for sale active and/or aged FB accounts but no one has dared to try.

To my mind, having many “likes” or followers are supposed to mean more traffic, increase in engagement and advertising but are the likes you bought real or fake? I am not exactly sure how you will capitalize on these “likes” unless there is a way to extract sales leads or email list from it or maybe you will be allowed to revamp the account. Will existing following, if any, be confused?

In the long run, you will not really benefit from this instant scheme aside from losing your integrity and market trust. Facebook has a way of restricting, blocking or deleting fake accounts and can even take action against your page.

It is better to create your own FB Fan Page or Personal Account and earn your “likes” and following because you deserve it.

vinvill

It has an advantage and disadvantage,it can help promote your sales with a large audience then the more easier to get your product known. But be cautious its against the law in fb and might suspend your acct.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
It doesn't have any differences between an aged Facebook account and a new account unless they have different followers, friends and interactions on them. :)

edwardkenway

This can be nice idea, it'll give you some advantage like you can get more friends and, marketing purpose it would be nice platform get more traffic, suppose if you are want to sell any products then it will be a nice platform about selling and marketing of the product. On these days these type of ecommerce type business are running quite well. For marketing it is good to buy aged fb accounts. But there also have disadvantages like: if your account's friends are not being active then it wont work like same, if it is happen it would be worthless to buying aged fb account.

carolinasky

Definitely do not purchase a page.

I think I agree with most others that would not be a good idea to buy a Facebook account. In the long run as another person said it can get shut down if someone says that is not you, or something of that manner. It would be better to drive traffic and get more followers by manually posting ads, getting yourself or page seen. I think there are other options to gain yourself more followers that to buy a page.

szerjhex18

First of all why someone want to sell there facebook account? Did they not really thought about their friends there? I mean if i have a friend and he/she sell their account for a marketing purposes, i'm feel disappointed and i will unfriended them. Because it's not my friend anymore. And how about our private conversation?
An strangers now can have access on it, they can read it , and its not safe anymore. I feel not secure anymore.

Aby

Selling Facebook accounts is against the terms and conditions of Facebook.
Anyway, facebook accounts can be made ree o cost.
But if you want to use a Facebook account for marketing purposes you'll have to begin from square zero, that is, create a new Facebook account and gain friends/followers etc.

davidmichaels

I won't suggest to go for aged facebook accounts, because you never know what is their history.

Dopani

Dopani
I agreed with you, some Facebook accounts for sold are fake followers or fans, just building a Facebook account to make sure that you knew what your audience, friends or followers like.

Terrance

Dont buy Facebook accounts. It goes against the rules of Facebook to buy it. Also, you may be penalized by Facebook if you buy the account. A good thing would be to create a Facebook account and build it as you wish to.

AezakmiBrowser

The best thing is to keep one account and not violate the FB rules, then it will serve you for a long time)

hipcat

Best answer
Not very many cut-throat marketers in this thread...lol

There are really just 2 kinds of marketers: Those who want to build up a legit brand over time, and those who will do whatever black hat method that is needed to succeed quickly, in the short run.

The first group will slowly build a following and gain real fans over time, but it can take YEARS. The 2nd group will just buy an aged account that already has fans and squeeze every drop of marketing out of it and then move on. Sure, they aren't real fans, but some will buy stuff and money will be made.

There is a use for buying aged accounts, as well as for building your own from scratch. Which path you take would depend on the kind of marketer you are. Yes, Facebook will eventually close the bought account, but anyone buying it is not looking for long term use anyway...they just want to market the crap out of it for the short term.

Ironically for me, my legit account got blocked and my fake account is still going after 6 years, so I use that one to promote stuff. It's the typical fake with the pretty girl picture that isn't real, like a lot of people use on forums, including ones I see here.

I also used to sell aged Youtube accounts too. Great for monetization and some with 20k or more followers go for as much as $1000+ on the influencer marketplaces. Saves the years you might normally take to build that kind of following.

Buying aged accounts isn't for everyone, but it does have the specific purpose of saving time. It always comes down to time or money, right?

OliveFox

I know that some people buy aged accounts for followers, but then they lose them fast.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views