Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Web 2.0 vs PBN - Which is better for SEO?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 20/0
    Thanks

Web 2.0 vs PBN - Which is better for SEO?

I have been reading some posts lately about both web 2.0 websites and PBN's which I don't know much about but there seem to be a lot of conflicting information on which of these will make the biggest SEO impact on a website.

It seems like a lot of the newer posts that I have read are ranting about web 2.0 and how it makes the biggest impact. Is that true or are PBN's better for an SEO impact on a website?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/5
    Given: 8/4
    Thanks
    I think Web 2.0 is better and actually it does not harm our site. while if google find any glitch on your pbn network than it will harm our site and it's ranking in very large amount.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    My opinion is that PBN's far better. Yeah, it takes money, time, effort and patience to get it done right but its totally worth it after seeing the rise in ranks and traffic.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 354/9
    Given: 54/25
    Thanks
    If you are talking about building a private network using old domains that have an existing link profile, then a private network will give far, far better results. Web 2.0's are extremely weak links. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They are worthless unless you build links to them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrishivardhan View Post
    I think Web 2.0 is better and actually it does not harm our site. while if google find any glitch on your pbn network than it will harm our site and it's ranking in very large amount.
    That's a good point and I didn't think of it like that. It's definitely something to take care with.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1129 View Post
    My opinion is that PBN's far better. Yeah, it takes money, time, effort and patience to get it done right but its totally worth it after seeing the rise in ranks and traffic.
    Do PBN's make much of a difference right away or do they take time to work?

Quote Originally Posted by SEOPub View Post
    If you are talking about building a private network using old domains that have an existing link profile, then a private network will give far, far better results.
    Ok, so the key is to find some old domains with good links and use those for the PBN?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    That is silly. Google can penalize you if they think you are misusing Web 2.0 sites too.

And Web 2.0 sites are trash for links anyhow. Anyone can get a link from a Web 2.0 site with little to no effort. You think Google doesn't know that?

You have to build up your Web 2.0 page's authority for it to have any value. If you are going to do that, you are far better off just buying your own domain. At least then you own the authority you build to it and can do whatever you want with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Ok, so the key is to find some old domains with good links and use those for the PBN?
    You can build a private network from brand new domains too, but then you need to do the work in building up their authority. It is definitely faster to find domains with an existing link profile.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Do PBN's make much of a difference right away or do they take time to work?
    If you are looking for over night. Then no but they can effect the SERP's for good within a short period of time.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You can build a private network from brand new domains too, but then you need to do the work in building up their authority. It is definitely faster to find domains with an existing link profile.
    Is it better to have domains with a lot of ok links or some that have less but the links are better quality links?

I know quality is better but say you have one with 100 middle of the road quality links and one that has 10 real good quality, which would be better with all esle being equal?

Quote Originally Posted by paul1129 View Post
    If you are looking for over night. Then no but they can effect the SERP's for good within a short period of time.
    Would it take a couple of months or something like that?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    It's really easy to create links in web 2.0 with some contents. It is good for business but bad for SEO.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Is it better to have domains with a lot of ok links or some that have less but the links are better quality links?

I know quality is better but say you have one with 100 middle of the road quality links and one that has 10 real good quality, which would be better with all esle being equal?
    You want the strongest link profile as far as you can determine. You also want links that you can feel relatively confident are going to stick around. You can never be 100% sure because other websites do disappear, but as an example, if it is a highly featured link on a really popular website, chances are they are going to notice the ownership change and remove the link.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/5
    Given: 8/4
    Thanks
    That is silly. Google can penalize you if they think you are misusing Web 2.0 sites too.

And Web 2.0 sites are trash for links anyhow. Anyone can get a link from a Web 2.0 site with little to no effort. You think Google doesn't know that?

You have to build up your Web 2.0 page's authority for it to have any value. If you are going to do that, you are far better off just buying your own domain. At least then you own the authority you build to it and can do whatever you want with it.

That's where you lake most of people don't know they can build a good web2.0 with nice authority. and get very much amount of the fruite juice from the sites which are linked to that web 2.0 and you can eat that fruits with out any harm from google.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    That's where you lake most of people don't know they can build a good web2.0 with nice authority. and get very much amount of the fruite juice from the sites which are linked to that web 2.0 and you can eat that fruits with out any harm from google.
    I don't know what fruit juice has to do with SEO, but what you are saying is wrong. You get no benefit from all the other links to the Web 2.0 site. You only get a benefit from links pointing to your page.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    if it is a highly featured link on a really popular website, chances are they are going to notice the ownership change and remove the link.
    They would remove the link just because of ownership changes? What if the site stays the same?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    They would remove the link just because of ownership changes? What if the site stays the same?
    If there is a change, they could remove the link. If I write an article about how to build a shed and I link to an article that talks about a particular tool you need, but later I find out that the article is no longer there, I would change the link, right?

And the content cannot stay the same of a site you buy. That is violating someone's copyright and they can take legal action against you.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    If there is a change, they could remove the link. If I write an article about how to build a shed and I link to an article that talks about a particular tool you need, but later I find out that the article is no longer there, I would change the link, right?

And the content cannot stay the same of a site you buy. That is violating someone's copyright and they can take legal action against you.
    Ok, I get you.

What if you buy the site and it's content? Should you get something in writing about the copyright being yours to be safe?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Ok, I get you.

What if you buy the site and it's content? Should you get something in writing about the copyright being yours to be safe?
    I would get some sort of agreement yes.

If you re-register an expired domain or purchase something in an auction, which is how most people build a private network, you cannot legally use the old content.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks

If you re-register an expired domain or purchase something in an auction, which is how most people build a private network, you cannot legally use the old content.
    That's correct.

If you buy an expired domain then you will have to build content from scratch. Atleast what you post have to be new. Using old content will only hurt you in the long run.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks

Unless otherwise stated then, a domain listing is just for the domain name and not any material on the site then?

I would think that the owner wouldn't care if they were not using the material again but I do understand the point of being safe.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Unless otherwise stated then, a domain listing is just for the domain name and not any material on the site then?

I would think that the owner wouldn't care if they were not using the material again but I do understand the point of being safe.
    It's not about them caring or not. It's about copyright laws. If you use their content that they did not give you permission to use, you are violating copyright laws. They can press charges if they choose to. It does not matter if they still own the domain or not.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SEOPub For This Useful Post:
    Zack (03-04-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It's not about them caring or not. It's about copyright laws. If you use their content that they did not give you permission to use, you are violating copyright laws. They can press charges if they choose to. It does not matter if they still own the domain or not.
    Thanks for the advice, i'll just play it safe if I go that route and not reuse anything I don't have documented permission to use.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Hello Zack,

Let me know that if you follow white hat method then you must build web 2.0. Because google is now more tricky. they hate spamming and i prefer to build web 2.0.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I doesn't matter!
    Web 2.0 or PBN pages MUST have a high trust flow to sent this trust flow to their link partners (your page). So it doesn't matter which type of websites you have, they MUST have a trust flow (at least >15) anything below will not help you. That sounds hard but it is true.

I published a game changing article here: https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/16660-why-it-s-impossible-to-get-traffic-from-search-engines
    If you read and understand this you know that 99% of all SEO techniques are pointless now here in 2017.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reCharge View Post
    If you read and understand this you know that 99% of all SEO techniques are pointless now here in 2017.
    What is 1% SEO techniques that can worked with search engines and getting traffic from there?
    As you said you are in 15 years of SEO career. Would you mind sharing any details?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reCharge View Post
    I doesn't matter!
    Web 2.0 or PBN pages MUST have a high trust flow to sent this trust flow to their link partners (your page). So it doesn't matter which type of websites you have, they MUST have a trust flow (at least >15) anything below will not help you. That sounds hard but it is true.

I published a game changing article here: https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/16660-why-it-s-impossible-to-get-traffic-from-search-engines
    That article is not game changing. Misleading maybe, but not game changing.

TF is not a metric used by search engines. Making decisions based solely on that is not wise. You'll miss a lot of good opportunities. You will also overrate a lot of opportunities that are not that great.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/0
    Given: 13/0
    Thanks
    PBN's are definitely better, but a risky solution if you're worried about longevity.

Newer Threads

1. empresa87
    denisehilton
    Replies: 9 | Views: 666
    Last post by denisehilton, 04-07-2017, 09:31 AM
  2. Edward
    Buying Need PBN Services
    By Edward in forum Link Sales
    Edward
    Replies: 7 | Views: 909
    Last post by Edward, 07-15-2017, 09:27 AM
  3. Seller