How much does Chitika pay for 1000 impressions?

Seller

I was comparing the rates that some services par publishers per 1000 impressions but can't find any information about what Chitika pays.

Does anyone know how much Chitika pays for 1000 impressions?

paul1129

They are CPC network not a CPM network. So, they don't pay according to number of impressions.

Seller

daniel27lt

You can earn money from Chitika via CPM. But they have very strict guidelines. Here are the following:

The amount you will earn per 1000 impressions can be anywhere in the range of 0 cent to $2. Here are the main factors that will affect your earnings per 1000 impressions (also called "CPM")

1. Quality of Your Content: If your site has high quality content that advertisers find appealing, they bid higher for your ad spots - leading to higher CPM.

2. Scale of Your Site: As your site becomes bigger, it gets on more "Whitelists" in large ad campaigns, leading to higher bids. Some large advertisers avoid small sites that they know nothing about.

3. Country: Each country has its own level of advertising maturity. The US market is the most mature. The more traffic you have from USA, the better your performance will be.

4. Ad Formats: Larger ad formats like 300x250 and 160x600 tend to perform better. If you are using older formats like 468x60 or 120x600, consider switching to the newer formats.

5. Viewability: Make sure your ads are seen. Improve the viewability of your ads and your earnings will increase over time. Advertisers want their ads appearing in the most "viewable" positions. By making your ad unit more viewable, your site will be of more interest to advertisers and they will bid more, thus increasing your earnings. Consider placing ads above the fold.

Things that can severely harm your earnings:

1. Banned by Google: A lot of large advertisers put your site on "blacklists" if they see you have been banned by Google. You can check your status here: http://www.bannedcheck.com/ (Please note: Chitika is not associated with this site!)

2. Malware: If systems like McAfee mark your site as Malware, you will get banned by Chitika (and a lot of other networks and advertisers). You can check your status here: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/

3. Number of Ads: If you have too many ads on your site, advertiser performance will suffer and advertisers will either stop bidding on your site - or reduce their bid.

The above information can be found here:

http://support.chitika.com/customer...ch-can-i-expect-to-earn-per-1000-impressions-

I hope this helps.

NOTE: I think they used to not allow CPM as I used them when they first began. But recently I came across this same question. As I was reading through the comments a lot of people where stating that have changed to allow CPM, but with strict guidelines.

Portillo90

Their max rate for CPM is $2?? that's really low, how do they have so many publishers?

w3master

Depends on the quality of content, scale of your site, Ad formats, each and every country has its own advertising rates, if have more traffic from the USA then you will perform better and finally viewability see that your content should be positioned in a viewable manner

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views