Ecommerce Websit Builder Vs Custom Website Development

Salmonjames

I want to get my online store. I know there are many platforms available where I can get my store. I want to know if I should hire some expert to get my store from scratch or use some eCommerce website builder. And if you guys suggest me eCommerce website builder then which one shoudl I choose?

empresa87

You must first decide what you need and what your goals and then choose the platform. Woocommerce can be a useful solution or not.

Salmonjames

Salmonjames
I need an online store. I need such a platform that should cater my expansion needs. Other than this, I should be getting mobile application for my online store too.

Thanks, Roind but I would not go about Facebook as I intend to use the forum for selling goods and Facebook and these platforms are good for social commerce but are not mature enough to cater full eCommere needs.

I would like to mention that I will give a try to such a platform that should offer me a mobile application for my online store too.

So what do you suggest now?

w3master

It depends on your requirement and based on your budget, if you are looking at a lower budget and want quick take off then prefer a website builder, As most of the website builders are proven, work on the numbers in terms of budget and time and identify your best fit, If you have good budget and enough time and comfortable enough to identify the best webdesigner team then it is always advisable to opt for custom website development

SethTurin

1) What's your experience level with coding?

2) What's your design skill like?

3) What payment gateways do you require?

4) How many/which integrations do you need?

ROIND

I think the best way to answer this question is to break web-based startups into two major groups. One group, like Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Digg, etc, compete by creating new technology and new ideas that haven't been done before (or by doing old things much, much better). The second group is taking a standardized idea or concept to a new niche. TechCrunch (wordpress) does news for techies, PerezHilton (wordpress) does news for celeb gossip, TeamSugar (drupal) has built a community for young modern women, etc. It really comes down to how you're going to compete in the marketplace.

empresa87

You can have a mobile application regardless of the type of platform you use.
My suggestion, if you will start and do not need very specific functions goes with prestashop.
If you still have no idea what you want, see what the best of your competition is using. Leave it here and we'll suggest what you should do ;)

Salmonjames

You are right though. However, I want such a platform in which if I make some changes that should be applied straight away in my mobile app too and each time, I shouldn't be doing it manually or hiring someone to do necessary changes.

empresa87

Everything depends on what you mean by "some changes" If for example to add a new function to the store you always have to modify the app. There's no big trick there.

HostaPolis

Woocommerce has always been one I liked. In most cases it is one of the faster ones. I am not sure how fast it will update your mobile app though. You will have to check in to that. I don't use an app myself, just mobile enabled coding.

nickdev

Hey Salmonjames,

I would like to suggest that you can choose the following platform for your online store. Online store more benefits for startup. but if build mobile application for first phase may not for worth for your business. so build online store with these

• Shopify
• WordPress (Woocommerce)
• Magento

EvaMPerkins

Hello,

It Is Dependent upon your Condition and based on your budget, if you are Taking a Look at a lower budget and Also Desire quick Takeoff Afterward Would Rather Have a website builder, As the Majority of the Internet Site builders are Shown, work on the numbers in terms of budget and Period and identify your Very Best fit, In Case you have good budget and enough time plus comfortable enough to identify the best webdesigner team Afterward It's always advisable to opt for custom website development

Best Wishes for you.

stephane76

Wordpress ans woocommerce is better than mangeto our prestashop because more optimised ...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
SIG
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.