Have you tried only doing support via Facebook?

SethTurin

Just a thought - if you wanted to have an active, growing facebook group, one way to do that might be to skip the support platforms and offer support directly through your FB page. PM's for private support issues, but basic questions could be posted to the page. It might take a bit more work and pruning, but I could imagine this growing your Facebook page significantly, and creating a big social presence for you.

Anyone tried this?

daniel27lt

There are a couple of downsides to that. Not all, even these days, have a Facebook account. Some people would rather stay anonymous when requesting support, rather than showing their personal FB profile. And another downside is that they have to log in just to post a message, this can deter people instantly.

Rob Whisonant

I added it as an additional channel of support but would never make it the only support method. The reason I would not is because you are at the mercy of Facebook. They could suspend your FB account in a blink of an eye, you have to deal with spammers filling up your support group with spam, your clients getting PM's from spammers etc...

Plus, what would your company look like if it's only support channel was suddenly shut down? Not to mention the possible rash of chargebacks from customers that think you went out of business or ran off with their money.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.