Anyone ever tried 99designs?

SethTurin

Someone I know got a bunch of logo options there, then had friends vote on their favorite. Seemed to work pretty well. Has anyone else here used it?

seabitmedia

99 designs are costly and not value for money!

Hello,

99 design.com is a design contest website. But i suggest you since they charge a lot and most of the entries you will find and if you cross check than you will see logos are copied from some other companies. Contests wont give assurance to any designer that they will win and get paid so designers wont give 100 dedication to contest projects.Better to do one on one project with any designing firm or with any freelance designer. Any like this you also don't have to pay much and you will get cost effective designs at fair price

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
ROn

Last edited:

RenaeFab

I made the unfortunate mistake of guaranteeing my design and despite telling 99 designs how much I was displeased, they never offered me more than a "more promotion" of the contest. And I wasted $500 and Im not even going to use the logo. The customer service was Okay but the designs were totally awful. Very very disappointed.

HostaPolis

I have never used them and would never recommend them. I know a few people who have had numerous complaints on how poorly that place is ran.

luispas

I've never try it before, but I've heard that is a very great site to sell logo designs, among many other things. I'm thinking about joining because in every page I enter I have no responses, it's a real shame.
I want to give a try and see if I get lucky there.

Unknown

I can also say that I had a bad experience using them. Me and my friend were in need of a logo because he was launching a product and I was helping him. So, we together agreed to give 99designs a try because we saw it recommended on another website by a user. The whole process is very weird because it's basically many designers creating the logo (each its own) and then picking from a bunch of them. You'd think that these designers would produce high-quality things, right? well, wrong. The logos that we were sent to pick from were pretty terrible... the sort of thing that you'd use painter to make. So not only that 99designs is very expensive, their service is poor. Don't even bother getting a refund because they use everything possible to not give you one. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend them. I think you're better off hiring one single logo designer but always check their previous work!

Of course, this is just my experience and you can still try them if you wish to.

smartape

I'm currently a member of that website and I tell you, it's very hard to win there. It's hard not just because you have many competitors, but also because the administrator on that site are very strict with their rules. A small mistake in providing your info when joining a contest would either get you disqualified or your account getting banned.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.