The basics - COLOR?

HostaPolis

A lot of people never really think about what goes in to deciding on the color they want or do in fact end up using.
Most people just go with what they think looks best but never really considers what the color represents.

As you can see there, colors tend to tell others something about your site. You should aim to use colors that fit your niche well.

Have you ever thought about the colors you have chose and what they can be telling people who visit your site?

Attachments

SARubin

Thank you for this excellent reminder about the psychology of colors. I still love studying such things.

One thing I seem to remember (from back in my interior designer / color choosing days) is that different colors also have different meanings, depending on the culture.

My memory is a little fuzzy. But for example, I seem to recall white being pure and innocent in Western culture, but the color of mourning and funerals in Eastern culture? And I think red is for passion and/or danger in the USA, but wealth and prosperity in China?

DarioPV

DarioPV
Not sure if the examples are correct (and too lazy to google it :D) but you make a great point. Different cultures surely have some differences in the way they perceive certain colors. One more reason why you should really know your audience in everything you do.

HostaPolis

HostaPolis
Glad you liked the topic. I know too many people who do not consider this. And yes, that is another thing too! Certain areas tend to be drawn more toward certain colors. Depending on who you are targeting, it is worth doing a bit of cultural background reading.

Nancy G

Thank you for sharing the psychology of colors.

I agree colors set our tone or mood. Marketers acknowledge effects of colors on people specially in their promotional and packaging applications.

In general, brighter color schemes tend to bring excitement while neutral colors induce relaxation. These effects are clearly visible where red, orange, yellow or combination are used for food products, green for health products, etc. We also have to consider personal, cultural beliefs which may vary in each state, region , race all over the world. Such influence triggers most companies to play safe making sure color choices have a universal positive appeal to its target markets. Bottomline, type of product and target market are prime factors when choosing the right color or blends.

CookieRunner

A lot of people never really think about what goes in to deciding on the color they want or do in fact end up using.
Most people just go with what they think looks best but never really considers what the color represents.

As you can see there, colors tend to tell others something about your site. You should aim to use colors that fit your niche well.

Have you ever thought about the colors you have chose and what they can be telling people who visit your site?
Hi there! :rolleyes2:

It's great to see topics like this which discusses about design / template and of course colors. Web designing is one of the many factors that can help a success of a website and colors give life to a website. I know that there's a meaning to each colors and sometimes the web designer just like to design a website with just colors that they like without knowing the meaning behind it because all they want is a great website and something that can make them earn. Sometimes it also depends with the culture of the people who are designing it.

afftomm

Thanks for the information regarding the psychology of colors. Can we have the link where you get this information so that we can read more about them. I wanted to know more about the meaning of the values that are found in the colors. Big help by the way.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views