Why Google likes new content?

hoangvu

As my test for blog articles on Google search engine result recent years I tried to post an article to rank for a long tail keyword and its position was immediately appeared in page #2 or page #3, even in the first page of Google if that long taiil keyword has less competitive. But after some months, I did not have any updates for it then its position was downed on search engine results. My question is why Google likes new content and giving it better rankings when its just published?

vishwa

Well Google definitely loves the fresh and quality content. However getting rank in search engine result page depends on the quality of the content and backlinks pointed to that page or post. Google is a dynamic search engine and have various algorithm to rank the sites.

SEOPub

For some searches, Google uses a QDF algorithm. It's an artificial ranking boost before Google moves your content to where it really should rank.

Foreprime SEO

Why were you downgraded: fist of all your competition doesn't sleep (links and new articles) and second your CTR is downgrading your position over time because other articles are just better.

Syn Gates

Whenever you search something on Google, you definitely don't expect to see the results from last year or 3, 4 years ago. Everything change day by day, so people always want to up to date. If Google still wanna be a leader of search engines, they have to give new and unique content high priority.

SEOPub

SEOPub
That is totally incorrect. They need to show the most relevant information to the search query. Being new or unique doesn't make the content more relevant.

Syn Gates

Syn Gates
Oh my god... There are a ton of content new and fresh and totally unique out there. And Google will chose which one is the most relevant. There are more than 200 criteria for Google to assess a page and content, and the new and fresh content with high relation is not enough, it need to match a lot of other criteria. In this question I just answered why Google like the new content, I didn't say new content is better than relevant content. So I have no idea why you bring relevant content here to argue me =,=. Have you ever do SEO?

Last edited:

SEOPub

Yes. I do SEO for all sorts of companies, big and small, all across the world.

You said...

Whenever you search something on Google, you definitely don't expect to see the results from last year or 3, 4 years ago.
Which is incorrect. If I search for 'how tall is Mount Everest', I just need the answer. It doesn't matter if that page is 15 years old. Whether the content is new or unique doesn't mean a thing, and Google could care less about either one of those things.

New and unique content are not ranking factors.

Just a few weeks ago, someone from Screaming Frog proved that unique content doesn't matter. They took Google's own guide to SEO, posted it on their own site, and then outranked Google (and a ton of other sites) for the term 'search engine optimization'.

jhumphreys

Was your post non-mobile friendly?
Did anybody comment?
Did you share the post anywhere? E.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn? Did anybody else share it?
Has your post been linked to by bloggers/news sites/other websites?
Is the content still relevant today?

if you want to keep your post/site/page at a high ranking, you need to do all of these things, at the very least.

Jack London

That is totally incorrect. They need to show the most relevant information to the search query. Being new or unique doesn't make the content more relevant.
I agree but robots of Google or other search engines could ignore old content and they like crawling new content as a part of its tasks.
Its why Google like new content.

Was your post non-mobile friendly?
Did anybody comment?
Did you share the post anywhere? E.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn? Did anybody else share it?
Is the content still relevant today?

if you want to keep your post/site/page at a high ranking, you need to do all of these things, at the very least.
In my point of view, these factors don't contribute into helping a site to have high rankings on search engine.

Except this point

Phil Tro

Okay I would rather say that the opposite is true - Google likes older content. You may have seen some first results where the Google algorithm tested your blog, but immedieately afterwards it went down. Normally it will take about 6 months until you see good results coming from your content (at minimum). I personally think that Google (for what ever reason) rather prefers blos being older than a couple of years - even if some of the recommendations are not up to date anymore.

Datacentreplus

Of course, as many have mentioned, it takes more than just content to make things rank.

But simply put, the reason why Google likes to see content is a simple one. It's like building a shop with nothing to offer inside.
Content is important (it's not quite king though...) but content is the driver to what people find valuable on your site. Without it, there is no reason to come.

That is why content is regarded highly by Google, it wouldn't rank a page with nothing in it... or content that is thin or nonsensical anyway.

harrygreen90

But simply put, the reason why Google likes to see content is a simple one. It's like building a shop with nothing to offer inside.
Well said, I like this, it figured out more things :)

That is why content is regarded highly by Google, it wouldn't rank a page with nothing in it... or content that is thin or nonsensical anyway.
Some guys said, it is possible to rank a site without content on it, just needing more quality backlinks :D

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/10060-Can-I-rank-in-Google-without-backlinks

As mentioned in the thread above.

Datacentreplus

Datacentreplus
I like to see them rank a page/website with a blank page...

However, having looked through the post, I don't see where they said you don't need content. I think the only point they're making is that content isn't a ranking factor in itself. Everything plays an important part in the SEO machine. Content and links alone independent from each other don't work. You need good content, you need good signals (linkbacks etc) for SEO to work, you need the whole package.

Having said that, this doesn't mean you need ALOT of content, you just need good quality relevant content. That content could literally come in the form of a tool...

Excuse me if I've gone off the wrong path of this discussion here lol... but I hope you get my point.

taxlawyerla

In my thought,
- New content won't merely maintain your current visitor base returning, but also make new visitors.
- By generating persuasive and useful information, your internet site will be likely influenced greater than the additional factors outlined below.
- Organic or concept-of-mouth hype is what helps develop the reputation in your site with both customers and Google, and it seldom comes without quality information
- Creating your website around your visitors' needs while ensuring your website is readily available to find engines typically delivers results that are excellent.:)

Janniz

I think Google focus on getting the best benifit for customers so we must improve contents so much and update new contents regularly for good SEO.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.