WWW vs non-WWW - Which is Better for SEO?

timothykiko

I am making new blog sites based on Wordpress cms, I have seen many sites are using non www on their urls. Is this method better for SEO or not? If you can set your preferred domain (www or non-www) for your domain names. Which version do you prefer? and why?

AMVXT

I like www better. AFAIK there is no advantage in SEO terms whatsoever.
I just got used to www. Call me 'old-school'. To me, it's the synonym of the Internet.
Most of the top websites use www, too.

vishwa

This is long debated questions and have asked many times in forum. There is no extra advantage if you go with WWW or Non WWW. Both Works great. But Make sure that you only use one at a time because if you use both the version than it will consider as a duplicate content.

Salmonjames

WWW is still used as to relate it with the internet. However, in modern conviction sites are not giving it a serious concern at all.
However, it's more important that do not let you site to open differently under the same things. For example www.abc.com and abc.com if they both gets open with and without www then this is something harmful from SEO perspective.

Vowels

Hello there,

It is in our behavior, that we are grabbing things easily, which are more popular. the same scenario is with this question. We have easily grabbing internet websites with WWW. If any website is not using this, and having a link-submission situation, then anybody can easily make mistake by using www.
So, It is more comfortable to use website with www.

In the last I am just adding a small thing, using www is a user friendly exercise, it dosen't anything with seo. I am hoping that, By reading this answer, you can understand my point.

Thanks

Salmonjames

Thanks @SEOPub for saving my time. Elsem I would've to chip in to respond. Your feedback is appreciated. :)

ajaykumar

in my opinion , www version is best for any website for seo point of view to get rank on search engines . google also prefer those websites who domain stars with www. google recommends www version of website. it is called www validation of domain.

Abhishek_Jain

No one is better and no one is worse. You can use any of these two URL formats. With www or without www. Make sure you must redirect one to the master url otherwise it will be considered as a spammy activity.

RenaeFab

I saw this option after noticing that no one uses www anymore in conversation and it seems more streamlined (less is more?) so I removed it. I ended up losing massive amounts of SEO juice and that could have ruined my business.

Riviera

The shorter is better, easier to remember. Most of website nowadays is non-www.
I think no www is ok. As a web surfer, i like no www, it's shorter that no need to type www.

abderrezak31

seems even google webmaster tool recommend you to use non-WWW domain, i suggest that non-www is better than www, even world wide websites most of them are non-www !!!

Intuz

Both WWW and non-WWW are treated as different website by Google or any other search engine. Whatever you use, do not forget to set your chosen domain as preferred domain in google webmaster tool. You can do it using site setting in Google search console.

TechnoExponent

There are no advantages of SEO. You can choose any of them.

You can see SEO blog of Neil and Backlinko where they redirect own website www to without www.

Munna Hossain

Without WWW is better than with WWW. Many think your website without www is more SEO friendly.

Tabassum

However, you can decide on this point.

If you deny www, you can see Google have domain with www.

www or non www, doesn't have much effect on SEO ranking.

taxlawyerla

Neither one is much better, but whichever one you decide on, be sure to remain reliable on your whole website.
As since that's what google uses, for me, I use the WWW

hostingsafety

Without non www doesn't have much effect on SEO ranking. and it affects in ranking and loading speed of the site.

Janniz

I think both of them are OK. But I recommend without WWW, it's short so eafily remember and friendly for SEO.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I think both of them are OK. But I recommend without WWW, it's short so eafily remember and friendly for SEO.
Yeah I heard more people said that if my website has better performance or load faster then its rankings will be improved but I am not sure about that.

Without non www doesn't have much effect on SEO ranking. and it affects in ranking and loading speed of the site.
At least you are right on this. www or non www didn't help SEO and non www will keep urls shorter and it also helps a bit more in SEO.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.