Guest Posting Rules?

Steve32

What are the best rules for guest blogging on my blog to keep articles quality which benefits to my blog (don't affect to SEO for my blog) and backlinks to bloggers?
Should I allow dofollow backlinks?
Should it require unique articles?
How many links should I allow on a blog post?

What should I add to my Guest Posting Rules which keep visitors easy to follow rules for their blog posts?

Any shares?

vishwa

I think Guest posting requirements depends on your requirements. However according to me here are some of the Guidelines for guest post on my blog is article must be unique and have minimum of 1000 words and have at least one image. Article must be relevant to blog topic. I don't allow dofollow link generally but will give one on author bio upon request.

Rob Whisonant

The best rules are no rules sometimes. I would just read each article submitted and either approve it or not approve it. Select what you feel benefits your blog. Trash the rest.

HostaPolis

HostaPolis
This sounds good to me. Don't restrict guest bloggers at all, just have simple guidelines and make them aware that only posts up to standard will be accepted.

SEOPub

To be honest, if you are posting rules for guest posting or advertising that you accept guest posts, you are probably going to attract 99% junk.

If you post about thinks like nofollow/follow links, how many links you allow, etc., you may attract negative attention from Google. That kind of stuff screams spammer or someone trying to manipulate rankings.

LinkHeros

LinkHeros
This. Don't advertise that you accept guest posts unless you want to trawl through 20 emails a day containing poorly written content.

Once your site starts to gain authority you will start receiving pitches from other quality sites. You should read each article and include it if it is well written and is a good fit for your site, then you can decide whether you want to reward the writer with an in-content link or a link in an author bio.

DarioPV

If you decide to go this route, here are my 2 cents. There is nothing wrong to give someone a dofollow link if he deserved it. I would, though, allow links only to other content that brings additional value to the article that is being published. It probably would be safer for you to require unique content.

One link in the text and one in the bio to the homepage are plenty enough. You could also ask the guest bloggers to include 2, 3 links to other reputable sources.

ajaykumar

guest posting rules

guest posting rules are decided by website owner . mostly sites are paid . guest posting website owners allow those to submit unique content of 400-500 words with unique title and summary . we have to send and email to get permission to submit guest post. we should include only 2-3 links that points to our website

Rakibul

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your interest to learn about guest posting guidelines. Let me know that it's totally depnds on you. But to know more about what are the great rules thes are following great blogs owner. You shoul follow their guildlines.
And also let me know that you should target no-follow tags for your own blog.

Thanks,
Rakibul

jackdorsey

What are the best rules for guest blogging on my blog to keep articles quality which benefits to my blog (don't affect to SEO for my blog) and backlinks to bloggers?
Should I allow dofollow backlinks?
Should it require unique articles?
How many links should I allow on a blog post?

What should I add to my Guest Posting Rules which keep visitors easy to follow rules for their blog posts?

Any shares?
1. you should allow dofollow backlink
2. of course , content is must unique
3. allow 1 or 2 link

Phil Tro

We are using the following rules which work quite good for us:
1. Originaly content. Every single sentence.
2. More than 1200 words (this makes sure that you avoid people just writing 500 words in a break and share it through your page)
3. At maximum 2 backlinks to the writer's website.

nickchernets

try to find the example of the site where the guest post is highly priced and do the same rules which they have

alexanderzx360

That's a very good question sir, guest posting on your blog is what's going to keep it active, so you need to be very careful about it. Let's start:

1. Yes, you should definitely allow that
2. I have a different opinion than others, but I think you could have something like two different sections, the main one for posting only original content, and one to share interesting articles or link that could benefit the community you're building.
3. 2 max. You don't want them to oversaturate their posts with external links.

Hope this works! Cheers

Nancy G

The site owner and/or assigned administrator has the full control and responsibility on what to feature on his website including accepting guest posting. The site’s continued existence depends on their careful handling and market acceptance.

I suggest you do not let people know you are accepting guest posting unless there is a real need otherwise, you will be swamped with requests which will just eat up your time and effort. It is common courtesy that all guest bloggers seek your permission first and I am sure they will understand such work will have to pass your standards for publication. If ever they do get publish, you have to notify them if ever there is a need to edit some portions of the links they want to include. There is no real need to lay down the rules. Being the owner, you have the prerogative to publish or not.

Guest posting is good if it provides fresh ideas relevant to your blog as it attracts added readers and content uniqueness contributes to SEO. It also foster bridges of goodwill between the writer and the owner which can be mutually beneficial to both parties in the long run. One has to just be careful in differentiating good from the bad links as they may only hurt your SEO and website in general. The general rule is “ACCEPT but be VERY SELECTIVE.”

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Aby
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies