How to actually practice SEO?

Ryan_132

Hi all,

After reading up on SEO for a couple months now, I feel like I need to physically practice in order to get better. There’s a pretty big difference between reading about the subject and actually putting it into action haha.

How do I practice SEO if I don't actually have a website? Not possible right?

So, I was thinking about building a website to practice on. The only problem with that is I have to think of an actual "good" website idea, which is not easy to do. Also, if I were to do that what website builder should I use? In order to be able to practice aspects of on page and off page.

How did you guys all start off practicing SEO? I'm going to be looking for a Seo internship opportunity, but in the meantime, I am really interested and would love to get some practice in.

Thanks, any tips much appreciated.

jhumphreys

I would recommend WordPress for building your website.
If you are interesting in becoming familiar with SEO, I suggest starting a blog about it to practice on - that way you'll get to learn whilst you're researching SEO for your blog posts and put the practices into action to build up your readership.

paul1129

Start from a free blog first such as blogspot or wordpress. Practice the basic parts there.

Once you see any improvement then you can go for paid hosted blogs.

vishwa

Yes, you should definitely try the things first in free platforms like Blogger, weebly, Wordpress.com etc. When you get some knowledge you can nurture your skills in self hosted WordPress. I also recommend you to read Google webmasters blog.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.