Footer links?

HostaPolis

On your site, do you feel the design looks best with footer links or do you place them somewhere else?

I am talking thinks like help, about, social links, and so on.

I was speaking to someone the other day who always recommends putting everything at the top and I think that seems desperate/tacky.

DarioPV

I don't think there is a universal answer to this. You need to decide that on a case to case basis. For the 3 things you mentioned though, I would generaly put them at the top because you want them to be readily available to visitors. But that is not to say that everything else needs to be at the top.

It comes down to priorities I guess. You have a certain amount of space and different things you need to cram up in there. Different types of web pages will have different priorities on what is more important and what their visitors need to have available right off the bat.

I know this hasn't been extremely helpful but I wanted to get it out there :)

denisehilton

It totally depends on the structure of your website. For instance, on my blog I have placed them on footer but in my corporate website I have placed them in the Top navigation bar. Just go with what looks best to you.

Claire_Anderson

Although it is not compulsory to add blog and social media channels in the website footer but adding links in the footer enhance the user experience. Because if you would add links in the footer then users would not have to scroll to the top of the website in order to find important links. Website footer design is about choosing what to include, with the intention of helping visitors and meeting business goals.
You can add the followihng information in your footer:
  1. Contact info
  2. Navigation
  3. Terms of use
  4. Site map
  5. Link of blog and social channels
  6. Copyright

Riviera

You can visit some 2.0 sites or webmastersun forum as your reference. At least that arrangement is ok for you. You can consider Claire_Anderson's upper comment as a suggestion. That's great!

clasicK

Footers is simply a format designed to link across your entire sitemap, hence a web of your own.

Nowadays links at top of the page should be based on selected keywords that best describe your website (for SEO, branding). If users want to find contact info, read a blog, or anything irrelevant to branding identity naturally users will check the index of a website - the footer.

Tabassum

although it depends on website template or structure.
But if you insert important links on the first scroll of website, it helps users find it effortlessly.
You can insert footer links as additional point of view..

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.