Which is the best tool for background removal?

Sanji123

Hi friends,

Could you suggest which one the best tool for image background removal?

1. Pen tool
2. Magic Wand
3. Background Eraser

clasicK

Photoshop is always the best tool as it is designed for photo manipulation. Using magic wands is never the best method to particularly remove backgrounds.

Advanced technique to accomplish this with precision, sometimes a with a little bit of pen tool to separate the bleeding area, includes a process through the Channels by separating subject and background by hand with Level adjustment.

If you would like, I'd be happy to write a quick guide to accomplish this technique.

luispas

For me the Pen tool is the best option to do it. But sadly, this is a thing that you can make in just a few minutes, it take a little time and dedication if you want it to look professional. I've made a couple of renders and I spend like 1 hour on each one, but I think that with practice you can make it quicker.

sharon Maxwell

These are the best for the removal background.
Gimp
Movavi Photo Studio
Canva
Ben's Background Remover
ImageSkill

Regards,
Sharon Maxwell

bijutoha

It depends on the background of images. If I consider them on a hair image like below.

Image Masking.jpg

I can use them all here to remove the background. Such as here the Pen Tool and the Magic Wand Tool can be used to remove the background from the portion where the edge is not complicated, but for the remaining portion I mean the hair portion I have to apply the Background Eraser Tool or other masking technique to achieve the goal.

Image-Masking-with-RE.gif

On the other side, when you think to remove a solid background from an image than you can use here Pen tool and Magic Wand tool. But important thing is that most of the photo editing industries, they offer clipping path to cut out an image from the background because of the ever best method in terms of quality. So in this purpose Pen Tool is the best tool for background removal.

Example of Image with Solid Background

Table-Lamp.png

Attachments

TheRo

I guess Photoshop will always be one of the best, if not the best, photo editing tool. Although, as someone who never got the time to learn, I found a lot of photo editing tools online that are very user-friendly. Programs like clipping magic, edit photos for free, and autoclipping. Just Google "remove background." :)

Last edited:

bullet

I used magic wand to remove background. If you want some clean removal use pen tool it will help you.

iamchenita

Hi friends,

Could you suggest which one the best tool for image background removal?

1. Pen tool
2. Magic Wand
3. Background Eraser
I would really love to suggest you to use PEN TOOL. why? because you can get the exact shape of the picture you want to be removed. And you will not be worry about the details of the picture because it is really good to use it as the tool for removing the background image. It will takes a lot of effort to get the exact shape but I will gonna tell you, you will love the result of the picture as you removed the background.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.